Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 25th September 2007, 17:09   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer22 View Post
Hi Guys,
This is my fist post in Team-BHP, though I have been reading a lot over past 6 months. I own a Santro and now planning to upgrade. I have TD almost all cars in the range of 7 - 9L and have finally come down to SX4 and Cedia. Though Cedia is slightly over my budget. I'm not able to decide between the two and as someone has said before "heart says Cedia but head says SX4". The reasons why I'm confused are here... please help me decide.
1. Cedia is better handler / driving pleasure but a bit costly. (difference is almost around 1.3L OTR in Bangalore after considering all discounts)
2. Cost of ownership of Cedia will be higher than SX4 (not sure how much higher, if someone has done that kind of analysis can you please post)
3. The kit that comes with SX4 (specially the climate control and integrated stereo control on the stearing) is a big plus for SX4. Is it possible to fit climate control in Cedia at later point in time?
4. Quality of interiors are a big minus for SX4.
5. Back seat comfort in long drives with 2 + 1kid sitting is very important for me, I guess SX4 will be an issue here?
6. Rear view and reverse I hear is a big issue with SX4 though with my first TD did not give me too much of discomfort, but my basement parking slot is very tight and there it might be an issue. Can someone confirm this? With Cedia I was almost as comfortable reversing as with Santro.

Frankly, I think I'm looking for some very good reason which will convince me to go for Cedia Please help me figuring that out.
well, you seem to have Cedia on your radar more than SX4..and that's what you should get ...
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 17:12   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
COmpletely Agree with reignofchaos there - Cedia wins hands down against SX4 - It is a completely different car there - much better than SX4.

=
a difference of almost 2lac OTR
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 17:31   #108
Senior - BHPian

In bangalore its 8.1 lac OTR for SX4 vs 9.4lac OTR for Cedia Select (after discounts) and 9.7lac OTR for select with LPG/spirit.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 25th September 2007 at 17:32.
reignofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 18:49   #109
Senior - BHPian

Hey bro,
here's a good reason to justify the price difference of 1.3L -
- The Cedia is bigger and more comfortable for 5 people
- The cedia is a much better driver's car, with a more powerful engine and returns a similar FE.
- The interiors are way better than those of the SX4.

In essence, you are simply paying for a car that is more comfortable, better looking, faster, better to drive, and one that has a quality feel about it.
You may lose one or two features but when you're driving the car, im sure you'd want one that inspires confidence and has a good quality interior rather than staring at a car which maybe a bit difficult to drive in the city and has interiors that belong to a car 2-3L cheaper than it.
lamborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 15:38   #110
BHPian

racer22,

I went through something similar few months back.
SX4 was out from my list after test drive, it just never impressed me in looks, interior, performance and overall package.
So I was only looking at Aveo1.6 (op. pack) and Cedia.

I know its not easy...but if you can really afford then go for Cedia.
Even I had similar budget constraint, but then couldn't resists the temptation. Infact, I went ahead and purchsed Sports (which is 2L more to SX4)

It did impact my EMI but I do feel its worth every penny.

So go for Cedia mate and you will not regret.

Last edited by vishaltanksale : 26th September 2007 at 15:51.
vishaltanksale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 17:01   #111

Default finance options

Thanks to all for quick response, it was really helpful to know various perspective. On the other hand I just did another TD of SX4 and was even more put off by the engine, it just can't pull at slow speeds with 4 people in it.
So I think I'm all game for Cedia . If you guys can help please answer a few more queries:
1. I'm negotiating with Lathangi and the person has readily agreed on 30K discount + 5K worth accessories like mats etc. Can / should I go any further on this?
2. What is the best finance option, I'm looking at 5.5 - 6L loan for a period of 5 years (if it is no pre-penalty) else 3 years. HDFC has quoted 12.25% for 5 yrs with a pre-penalty of 3% after 3 years and 5% before that. The max EMI I'm comfortable is around 14K. I'm not very good at the numbers so will be really helpful if someone can share his/her experience in similar scenario.
3. What is cash payout (I recently came across it in this thread) and how do I avail that? Please if someone can point me in right direction.
4. Has anyone got Nordic blue Cedia. I love dark blue but have not seen any cedia in that color. Does it looks good in that color?

Once again thanks for all your help.
racer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 12:19   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rags View Post
hi the finance payout is given by the franchisee out of his commission which is a maximum of 4 % if he attains 1 crore business in a month. The commission is paid after deducting 20% tds which can be claimed after one year that too partly. Ask for 3.5% and done with it don't agree for tds cut payout.

Guys, Finally I got my cash discount of 4% without any TDS cut.

Not very sure what made finacer change his mind,

but I had initiated complaint with ICICI (with scan copy finanace quotation) and bank did follow-up with me on couple of times.

Also at the sametime, I had asked franchise to make Cheque payment on comany name, which could be other reason.

Anyways, payment is being made on my comany name and company is going to reimburse this to me on Wednesday.
Old 13th October 2007, 13:42   #113

Default Cedia sports - booked

Hi Guys,

Finally booked my Black Cedia Sports. After seeing her there was no other choice left. It was (second) love at first sight Can't wait to ride her next week when she comes home.

Will post the full review later but must say and complement (Bangalore) Lathangi people for their excellent customer service.

Finally, many thanks to vishaltanksale and all others who helped me make the decision.

BTW: HM is giving special 5K discount for Red Cedia Sports, I was offered this but could not push Black out of my mind.
racer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 10:39   #114
BHPian

Racer, Congrats on your purchase!!!

Black sports really looks nice, have fun with your baby.
Old 16th October 2007, 11:58   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer22 View Post
Thanks to all for quick response, it was really helpful to know various perspective. On the other hand I just did another TD of SX4 and was even more put off by the engine, it just can't pull at slow speeds with 4 people in it.
So I think I'm all game for Cedia . If you guys can help please answer a few more queries:
1. I'm negotiating with Lathangi and the person has readily agreed on 30K discount + 5K worth accessories like mats etc. Can / should I go any further on this?
2. What is the best finance option, I'm looking at 5.5 - 6L loan for a period of 5 years (if it is no pre-penalty) else 3 years. HDFC has quoted 12.25% for 5 yrs with a pre-penalty of 3% after 3 years and 5% before that. The max EMI I'm comfortable is around 14K. I'm not very good at the numbers so will be really helpful if someone can share his/her experience in similar scenario.
3. What is cash payout (I recently came across it in this thread) and how do I avail that? Please if someone can point me in right direction.
4. Has anyone got Nordic blue Cedia. I love dark blue but have not seen any cedia in that color. Does it looks good in that color?

Once again thanks for all your help.
ive have the nordic blue cedia, looks great. nice colour
youve booked the black sports trim, that one is cool too..
blue2ki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 15:13   #116
BHPian

Default Honda City Vtec Plus delivery delayed

Hello,
Just learnt from a friend of mine that his Vtec plus that he ordered will not be delivered before Dec' 1st week. That is a delay of 3 months from the booking time in Sep 1st week. Apparently, Honda is having production problems in manufacturing Vtec plus vehicle. This is the situation in Chennai and the dealer has indicated that it is a problem throughout india.

Regards,
baskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 16:10   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
It would be between the SX4 and the Cedia, the others just don't match up. Between the two, heart will always say Cedia, but head and pocket may pick the SX4.
I fully agree with you.
PatienceWins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 16:53   #118
Senior - BHPian

@ vishaltanksale - so when are you getting this beauty ?

@ racer22 - Wow !! Black Cedia Sports now that is what I call Taste !!
Amazing car - especially Black with the Carbon trim Interiors and Black Leather all around - great choice there Mate !!

When are we seeing the Pics ?
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 17:02   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
@ vishaltanksale - so when are you getting this beauty ?
I got mine almost 1.5 months back...its Sports in manchester Red !!
Old 16th October 2007, 17:21   #120
Senior - BHPian

Oh !! My Bad !! I did not notice the dates when reading this coversation. So hows the Cedia ? Any faults ? Or Perfect as it should be ?

Where is your picture gallery ? You should make one.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote