Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 30th July 2007, 21:53   #31
BHPian

Well, just before I went into the showroom, I met a guy who had just brought in his new Aveo for servicing. I tried to chat up with him about his car. The guy seemed to be in love with his silver beauty. He advised me to do some hard bargaining. Remember, I purposely went to book the car towards the end of the month, when dealers are under pressure to meet monthly sales target. I just did as he suggested and came out with a 28K discount. I tried hard for another 2K but the guys there wouldn't budge. OK. I felt happy and probably they too felt happy that they didn't yield in fully. Now it was time to decide what goodies you want to put in for the discount you got. I did not want to splurge and decided to be minimal. So, I went for a few things like seat cover (beige black - Rs. 4575/-), security system (GMKE 2170 - Rs. 3430/-), Garware sun film (Rs. 2000/-), apart from the minor things like door mats, car cover etc. So there you are. The total came to about 6.3 lakhs. I paid an advance and came out. The guy who was dealing with me was quite nice (Udayakumar, ask for him if anyone of you plan to buy a Chevy). Bye for now.
Vayalam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2007, 22:02   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats!

Any offers on the Aveo?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2007, 22:08   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vayalam View Post
Indigo Dicor I did consider (in fact I feel Indigo is a really good car, provided you sit at the back). But the general advice that is floating around on these auto-websites is that for limited driving (less than 12k per year), diesel is not a good option (though this point might be debatable).
Well, you seem to reach pretty close to that limit - plus the weekly 1800 KM or so round trip to your home town. With a good car, you are more likely to exceed your present distance travelled.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2007, 10:22   #34
BHPian

Apart from the discount, there was no other offer. Funny thing is that they include a Kenwood MP3 player as "mandatory" accessory. It comes factory fitted, but you pay 8K for it; and it is included in the OTR price! Smart way of making money, GM.
Vayalam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2009, 23:49   #35
BHPian

Anyone here knows if and when GM comes with a diesel option for Aveo?
Sagittarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 16:52   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
have you driven the fiesta and the aveo driving pleasure any day its the fiesta
Buddy may I say that driving pleasure is subjective, and some people like smooth silent acceleration, some like blood rushing all adrenalene vrooooms... personally, I belong to the first category.

About Aveo, I test drove it twice, I was floored by the silence, and the turbo like feel once VGIS takes over... I would seriousy consider this one for my next car... and I am very happy to see that people are inclining towards it, quality speaks finally over the rattlers.
Shyamtanu is offline   Reply With Quote