Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread

Old 26th July 2007, 15:21   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
- Swift will not offer the back seat comfort your dad will be looking for since it is chauffeur driven.

-Accent: I think the Esteem is still a better option than Accent.

-Aveo: I think this is the best bet amongst your choices.

Another car that will satisfy your first two requirements is the Ikon Flair. However A.S.S and maintenance costs is an issue. I own it and know that maintenance is high

Hi Eddy, I agree that Swift may not be as comfortable as Aveo or Esteem or Ikon. I also agree with the *** issue and high maintenance cost for Ikon. My friend who owns Ikon confirms the same.

I think now i am left with the options of Getz Prime, Aveo 1.4 or Esteem. You say Esteem is better than Esteem, can you please elaborate on this? Thanks!
Old 26th July 2007, 15:45   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
For your requirement plan with Sedan, Actually hatches are ideal for people who travel alone most of the times and with small family.

Sedan will give you very good practicality features. Aveo is very nice Sedan in every aspects.

If still plan for Hatchback Getz is good choice for you. Very smooth and silent car.

Aveo and Logan both are good entry level Sedans which can compete with 1 segment higher as well.

Regards,

Ravi.
Hi Ravi,
Many thanks for your suggestion again. Your earlier one (via pm) encouraged me to go for a TD for Aveo 1.4. The look, interiors, space, comfort, etc. are very good. However, the pick-up is not up to the mark. Don't you think on city roads, sply Delhi, where you have to quite often stop and move in heavy traffic, this is a bit frustrating? Also I would like to hear about its FE.

Yes, Getz also seems to be a good option. However, with it's high-end variant costing 5.35L, i think putting in 70K more for an Aveo would be a better idea. It will alltogether be one segment up than Getz? Your comments please.
Old 26th July 2007, 15:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokeshG View Post
The average daily running is around 25kms and main priorities are:
1) Comfort and Space;
1) Swift - NO
2) Getz Prime - YES
3) Accent - ???? isnt it a bit too late to go for an accent???
4) Aveo 1.4 - Good option but will it fall within 6L

Quote:
2) Fuel Efficiency;
1) Swift - Not sure. Dont think the Swift has that good F.E figures.
2) Getz Prime - the 1.1 should be good here
3) Accent - same as above
4) Aveo 1.4 - I think would be the same as swift

Quote:
3) Zero/Low maintenance.
1) Swift - I thought the swift was on the higher side compared to lower versions of maruti
2) Getz Prime - Must not be that heavy.
3) Accent - NO
4) Aveo 1.4 - The 3 year warranty seems to be interesting

On the other hand i think you should consider the U'Va too. I feel that would fit your requirements better thanall others mentioned here.
Old 26th July 2007, 15:51   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Aveo and Logan both are good entry level Sedans which can compete with 1 segment higher as well.
Aveo has been downported to an entry-level sedan? Looks like i am out of sync with the times !!

As far my knowledge goes, entry-level sedans were the Accent, Esteem, Ikon, Indigo, and to 'some' extent the Logan (although M&M project it otherwise).
Old 26th July 2007, 15:58   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
1) Swift - NO
2) Getz Prime - YES
3) Accent - ???? isnt it a bit too late to go for an accent???
4) Aveo 1.4 - Good option but will it fall within 6L

1) Swift - Not sure. Dont think the Swift has that good F.E figures.
2) Getz Prime - the 1.1 should be good here
3) Accent - same as above
4) Aveo 1.4 - I think would be the same as swift

1) Swift - I thought the swift was on the higher side compared to lower versions of maruti
2) Getz Prime - Must not be that heavy.
3) Accent - NO
4) Aveo 1.4 - The 3 year warranty seems to be interesting

On the other hand i think you should consider the U'Va too. I feel that would fit your requirements better thanall others mentioned here.
Hi gemithomas, Thanks very much for the nice point-to-point suggestions. With comments pouring in from all friends, I feel Getz and Aveo are the ones more suited to my requirements. I must, herefore, TD Getz. And yes, I will definitely check out U-Va too, though my initial information on it is nill. May be you can add something more on this.
Old 26th July 2007, 16:22   #21
BHPian

Any information on FE and other features of Aveo 1.4? Owners and Experts please comment. Thanks!
Old 26th July 2007, 17:10   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi gemithomas, Thanks very much for the nice point-to-point suggestions. With comments pouring in from all friends, I feel Getz and Aveo are the ones more suited to my requirements. I must, herefore, TD Getz. And yes, I will definitely check out U-Va too, though my initial information on it is nill. May be you can add something more on this.
The U-Va comes a little simmilar to the getz in terms of space. But i think getz is considered to be the most spacous (experts please comment.) The Uva though i think would give you a slightly better ride comfort especialy at the back (experts? anything wrong about that?). Just test drive the Getz 1.1, The Aveo U-Va and the Aveo 1.4. Take your father along. after all i think you should buy the one he likes sitting in.

Last edited by gemithomas : 26th July 2007 at 17:11.
Old 26th July 2007, 17:27   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any information on FE and other features of Aveo 1.4? Owners and Experts please comment. Thanks!
Some threads that could help you...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...light=aveo+1.4
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...light=aveo+1.4 (GM has re-worked the Aveo gearshift for improved feel.)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...ta-1-4exi.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...light=aveo+1.4
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...light=aveo+1.4 (Accessories for Aveo 1.4 LS)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...light=aveo+1.4
Old 26th July 2007, 17:28   #24
BHPian

I am considering Getz Prime 1.3 instead of 1.1. I will test drive this and U-VA in couple of days. Do you have any info on U-Va pricing?

I can't take my father along as this new car will be a surprise for him
Old 26th July 2007, 17:31   #25
BHPian

Thanks Crazy Driver! i will look through these.
Old 26th July 2007, 17:38   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Considered Indigo? Within your budget and the GLX has a decent 1.4 engine. Very spacious.

NOT the swift, unless your dad fancies sitting with the chaffeur.

Though on your dad's criteria - the esteem is actually decent, and its a pretty nice car if you can get over the staid image.
Hey phamilyman, thanks for ur suggestion. What is on road price for Indigo GLX? And what about its FE, maintenance A.S.S., etc.?
Old 26th July 2007, 18:21   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi Eddy, I agree that Swift may not be as comfortable as Aveo or Esteem or Ikon. I also agree with the *** issue and high maintenance cost for Ikon. My friend who owns Ikon confirms the same.

I think now i am left with the options of Getz Prime, Aveo 1.4 or Esteem. You say Esteem is better than Esteem, can you please elaborate on this? Thanks!
Esteem better than Esteem ?

I guess you meant esteem better than Accent. I think the former is the better car in terms of being an absolute VFM car. IMO its the only car in its category that offers decent power, good FE and a rocking A.S.S. It is a tried and tested product so a much safer option.

Its a pity I didnt buy it because it didn't have enough space in the rear to fit in 3 six footers that I have in my family. The Ikon was the only sedan that offered it.

And since your dad will not drive it himself and you have the budget, why consider a hatchback ? A sedan will be much more comfortable and will carry a snob value I think that its got to be Aveo / Esteem / Logan(?)

I dont know how important the resale value is to you but chances are that the Esteem might get phased out next year. Aveo and Logan have a slight advantage here being newer cars.
Old 26th July 2007, 19:08   #28
Senior - BHPian

Indigo GLX/Indigo-TDI/Indigo-Dicor-LX might suit you as the FE is around 14kmpl of diesel. This car is meant for chaufer driven. As you know *** of Tata is also good and the availablity of spares does not have any problem. At present, if you strike a deal with Tata, you will get many discounts for the car. Just think about this.....
Old 26th July 2007, 19:43   #29
BHPian

Quote:
I am considering Getz Prime 1.3 instead of 1.1. I will test drive this and U-VA in couple of days. Do you have any info on U-Va pricing?

I can't take my father along as this new car will be a surprise for him
the fuel efficiency of getz is on the lower side. i have the old 1.3 getz. dont know about the prime one though. u will not get more than 11 in city, if its heavy traffic if will surely drop to 9.5 to 10. this is without ac. but overall a terrific car if u are ok with this kind of F.E.
Old 26th July 2007, 20:25   #30
Senior - BHPian

Bens I agree Aveo is NHC/SX4/Fiesta competator but there is no car in entry level segment from GM. Aveo low end pricing has made public to think this car with other entry level segment cars Thats whay I added Aveo since the person who short listed the cars thinking about aveo as well.

I do agree your point Aveo does not come into entry level sedans.

LokeshG we can't expect GM cars to be driver friendly, but they are enough for indian roads according to me, If we have more power its of no use in stop and go traffic. Once we are used to driving style of GM cars they are best cars

Regards,

Ravi.
Closed Thread