Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 2nd August 2007, 09:29   #1
BHPian

Default Zeroing on to Fiesta

Finally I am going to go for fiesta. Now no more looking here and there.
So , its time now to decide the model. At first thought I think about 1.4ZXI. I prefer it because I have the liberty to through in accesories of my choice. I will get ABS too.

I havent decided about diesel or petrol until I TD both.

One thing about which I am curious at the moment is the performace and power of 1.4 engine. Is it sluggish, or underpowered especially with A/c.
and/or hilly roads?

I cant TD at the moment as I am in southkorea at the moment. Will be visiting India in Sept and will TD then.

My plan is to buy in-around Jan-Feb2008.
variozin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 11:04   #2
Team-BHP Support

Variozin, there are certain other threads in this section where the members have test driven the Fiesta 1.4 and have posted their views. Please go through them for more insight.

There is also a Long Term Report on the Fiesta 1.4 in the appropriate section.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 11:08   #3
BHPian

Also, isn't it very early to zero-in on a car, if you want to purchase in Jan-2008? Guess you can do the test drive once you are back in India and then decide.
Indian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 11:38   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Much water would flow down the Ganga, much cars would be released till then. Till then, enjoy Korea and let's just close this thread and go home. And no, i'm serious - just being nice - else your mind will keep spinning!

Koshun of the day: Wouldn't an SX4 DDiS be juicy? What if its announced by Nov?
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 12:23   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
Also, isn't it very early to zero-in on a car, if you want to purchase in Jan-2008? Guess you can do the test drive once you are back in India and then decide.
Actually you are right. But I am so eager to buy a car right after I move to India I am reading a lot in the internet. My descision about fiesta is totally based on other user's review and on my personal like and dislikes. This will be my first car by my own earnings so I want to buy what I really wish from my heart.

I had been driving my Dad's 800 and Zen after that for last 15 years. I feel like dont want to go for japanese cars this time. I dont like the space age looks of swift and city. Also I like the brand "FORD". They are the largest selling cars in states.

I had a mind for hatch-backs before and I was interested in Getz and was also looking forward to fabia , but recently something inside me is saying, just get a complete car a SEDAN..thats it.
Old 2nd August 2007, 12:48   #6
BHPian

If you are not in a hurry, why don't you wait till Fiat Linea arrives? They are going to to make it in the Ranjangaon plant. It is expected in 2008 and Fiat guys are on record saying that they are going to adopt shockpricing (to take the stuffing out Fiesta and the rest, I guess!). The indicated price is 6.5 lakhs. Autocar ran a feature on it. Stunning lines, great interior and superb performance. See the pic...

Vayalam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 14:44   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by variozin View Post
I had been driving my Dad's 800 and Zen after that for last 15 years. I feel like dont want to go for japanese cars this time. I dont like the space age looks of swift and city. Also I like the brand "FORD". They are the largest selling cars in states.
I thought GM has the highest numbers in US. Going by that logic, you should look at Aveo
hondadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 16:39   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
I thought GM has the highest numbers in US. Going by that logic, you should look at Aveo
Yes definately , GM is the largest auto maker in US. But I read in some article that largest selling passenger cars in US are ford.

May be the source of my information may not be genuine enough so no debates are welcome for it
Old 4th August 2007, 01:20   #9
BHPian

Well, a car purchase in jan-feb 2008 and not having LINEA as an option would be a blunder.
karty_83 is offline   Reply With Quote