Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread
Old 11th August 2007, 12:13   #1
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Default Diesel Car REquired Budget 5 To 7 Lacs !Confuse

Hallo , Everyone

I am confused .Planning to buy the Diesel Car. Choice is between Ford-Fiesta , Indigo Dicor then Renault Logon & Verna CRDI . I have gone thru several reviews on Ineternet and at least surfing for Two Hours Daily for the Vehicle which has Lo Maintenance and good Mileage having Legroom.

Verna CRDI is look the best but out of my budget . I can strech my budget if any other car will not server purpose of Low maintenance and mileage ..but that is the last option only.

I have gone thru Indigo Dicro Review - Always there is after sales service problem.
Ford is having always costly Maitenance and Sales Service is not also quoted in several reviews .
advise .

Pankaj Yadav
Old 11th August 2007, 13:20   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Since your requirements are low maintainence and good mileage having good legroom, Mahindra-renault logan could be a good choice for the given price.

Its a matter of mind over heart. Check out the Logan to see if it meets your needs.

If you could extend budget to the Verna, it would provide much more performance compared to the Logan. Fiesta wont meet your requirements of space, although mileage will be good.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 11th August 2007 at 13:22.
Old 11th August 2007, 14:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hi, and welcome to the forum. I feel you might have posted your intro by now.

1) Ford Fiesta: You can go for it provided if the after sales service is good in your city. The FE is around 14 kmpl in city with full a/c. This will also be around 8~8.4 Lacs. Hence this is also out of your budget.

2) Verna: It is definately out of your budget. Itis around 8.5~8.74 lacs basic version.

3) Indigo Dicor Classic: I do not know whether this is your first car. The body is too long and may be uncomfortable for you to drive. It is best suited for a chauffer driven even tough it suits your budget.

4) Renault Logan: This is OK car and the FE is around 16 kmpl with a/c inside city and will suit in your budget. It is selling like hot cakes from at least 2 months. So the best buy as of now would be a Logan.
Old 11th August 2007, 14:18   #4
Team-BHP Support

Indigo Dicro Review - Always there is after sales service problem
By that would you mean problem in spares availability? TASS itself is wide-spread to worry abt quality of A.S.S for the Dicor Indigo.

Anyway - the choice looks to be between the Indigo and the Logan
Old 11th August 2007, 16:03   #5
Team-BHP Support

There are plentiful discussions on this topic. Please do use the search feature to find the relevant threads.

Closed Thread