Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 25th September 2007, 16:22   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Yup... its either Cedia with LPG or Optra Magnum. The lancer is way too old and underpowered too as its not a turbo diesel.

forgotL

verna crdi sx (? top model) 9.5lac OTR
magnum (the loaded model!) 11lac OTR
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 18:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hey arunk, since you drive a lot, get a car that provides good driving comfort.
I think you should look at the optra Magnum or the Fusion TDCi. Spares for the fusion engine shouldn't be a problem as it runs on the Fiesta engine.
Though it may not seem VFM (the reason you don't see too many on the road), the fusion is a dream to drive.
lamborghini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 18:37   #18
BHPian

frankly i wud like to try out magnum, but i had such a bad exp with GM - i owned two opel cars and they literally didint provide good service support after opel line was withdrawn hence bit shy in going to them again - if only cedia lpg comes out soon
arunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 08:21   #19
BHPian

this is what i have decided, thanks to you guys- it will be a magnum or the cedia lpg. BTW, mitsu dealer told me yesterday night that he can deliver it by 20 th oct or else he will give me a spare car, that tilts me in favour of cedia.
Old 26th September 2007, 10:37   #20
aks316

gm service is improved now.. so go for magnum.. i have a opel corsa and till now i am happy with service support..
Old 26th September 2007, 11:01   #21
BHPian

aks, just now i had a chat with gm dealership- it is my third car now with them if i buy. They have given me the same promise. Iwill keep you guys posted on the developments. BTW, how about the lower version of the magnum? isnt't more VFM?
Old 26th September 2007, 13:43   #22
HSV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks316 View Post
gm service is improved now.. so go for magnum.. i have a opel corsa and till now i am happy with service support..
Where do you get your Corsa serviced in Delhi? We have one in the family, and the service provided on it was quite appalling till date! We still get hefty bills on each service!

Used to frequent Triumph motors until recently - they did take us for quite a ride - inflated service bills. Since my sister drives the car, they know that she doesnt haggle much with respect to the work done and dutifully pays whatever is mentioned in the bill, as I cant go everytime to sort the billing. So many a times they billed us for works not done on the car.

Regent caught that, and we stopped going to Triumph. Then took it to Regent in Okhla, but that works out to be quite far. Finally took it to Shiva motors in Noida and they seemed OK.

It would be great if you could throw more light on how the GM service has improved in Delhi? Because I was seriously thinking of a change in car and this is the single most reason why I have deliberately left the Optra Magnum out of my equation!
HSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 16:22   #23
BHPian

service quite much depends on the dealer arunk..

fortunately after owning 2 GM (chevvy) cars i can proudly say that i have had a wonderful experience with them and would atleast recommend GM blindfolded in my city.. Lucknow

chevvy service has improved leaps and bounds as I have heard about it in recent times..
you can check out my thread if you wanna a know a bit about the magnum - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...tml#post568155

(its no doubt a wonderful car but for me FE was damn important alongwith peace of mind that GM gave us by their superb warranty package and chevvy promise)

hope you get the best baby out there

cheers

Last edited by beanstalk_230 : 26th September 2007 at 16:30.
beanstalk_230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 16:26   #24
BHPian

arunk just check out the LS version and ask if they can get ABS fit in that one

according to me LS + ABS = Complete package

otherwise yeah even I thought that LS was a better deal (Do check out the Chevvy website where you can customize your car as you want , it works with the SRV, not sure about the magnum)
beanstalk_230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 16:32   #25
BHPian

Why not check out Safari Dicor. Though it is not a car. But it meets all your requirements and fits in your budget.
Just my two cents.
MADMAX111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 17:19   #26
BANNED

Cedia with LPG is good choice
nicejits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 20:57   #27
BHPian

is the srv diesel launched? that shaves off a lakh atleast from otr price
Old 26th September 2007, 23:30   #28
Senior - BHPian

Personally I feel the Magnum is a better bet. You get loads of torque and power without much drop in efficiency. If you have a family of 4 - 5 and carry stuff which has to be kept in the boot , then you should definitely go for the magnum . If you have to keep loads of stuff and a family of more than 5 , then Innova is the only good bet.

While if you dont want the practicality of the boot , then you can go for the LPG Cedia because the LPG Kit occupies almost the full boot.

Plus Cedia is a relatively exxpensive car to maintain than the Innova and Magnum

The Maintenance of Magnum is 26999 for Magnum , above which , the company will pay for your expense( service ) accidents excluded
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 23:40   #29
aks316

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV View Post
Where do you get your Corsa serviced in Delhi? We have one in the family, and the service provided on it was quite appalling till date! We still get hefty bills on each service!

Used to frequent Triumph motors until recently - they did take us for quite a ride - inflated service bills. Since my sister drives the car, they know that she doesnt haggle much with respect to the work done and dutifully pays whatever is mentioned in the bill, as I cant go everytime to sort the billing. So many a times they billed us for works not done on the car.

Regent caught that, and we stopped going to Triumph. Then took it to Regent in Okhla, but that works out to be quite far. Finally took it to Shiva motors in Noida and they seemed OK.

It would be great if you could throw more light on how the GM service has improved in Delhi? Because I was seriously thinking of a change in car and this is the single most reason why I have deliberately left the Optra Magnum out of my equation!
hi.. i get it from autovikas.. whenever i get my car serviced the bill is around 3000 so it depends what you mean by hefty bills.. how much does your bill come and it also depends on the condition of your car.. they are not the best but they do what they write and they always call now after the service is done to know if i am satisfied with it or not.. i just had one issue with the car in 4 years with the coolant and after that i didnt have any problem.. see opel service is little expensive as compared to honda & all but as far as i have heard chevy is cheaper to run than the opel.. gm still has a long way to go but as compared to earlier they are more active now in doing the work.. anyone can have a bad experience with any company i dont like hyundai service though people say it is one of the best and i have heard bad things about ford service but still people are buying there cars and honda and maruti is no different people have issues with them too so my advice would be that you should go and pay the bill as girls cant haggle much as you said and they dont have much knowledge in cars.. i am happy with gm and my corsa till now and the only issue i have with my corsa is the FE its not very good.. optra magnum is a very good car and i think you should consider it in the list.. just be a little carefull when you get your car service and we customers need to be smart in dealing with them since noone is less.. gm service is one of the reasons i am considering aveo to be my next car.. tc.
Old 26th September 2007, 23:48   #30
aks316

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunk View Post
aks, just now i had a chat with gm dealership- it is my third car now with them if i buy. They have given me the same promise. Iwill keep you guys posted on the developments. BTW, how about the lower version of the magnum? isnt't more VFM?
it depends if you want abs and airbags then go for the top model and if you dont care about little features like side indicators & all then go for the base model because the engine is same and we just pay for the features.. y wont they promise you they want to sell there car rite so just be smart in dealing with them because noone is less.. and since you had a bad exp with them tell them about it..