Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 27th September 2007, 03:48   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Personally I feel the Magnum is a better bet. You get loads of torque and power without much drop in efficiency. If you have a family of 4 - 5 and carry stuff which has to be kept in the boot , then you should definitely go for the magnum . If you have to keep loads of stuff and a family of more than 5 , then Innova is the only good bet.

While if you dont want the practicality of the boot , then you can go for the LPG Cedia because the LPG Kit occupies almost the full boot.

Plus Cedia is a relatively exxpensive car to maintain than the Innova and Magnum

The Maintenance of Magnum is 26999 for Magnum , above which , the company will pay for your expense( service ) accidents excluded
The maintenance of the Cedia for 3 years at say 20k km per year will be way way less than 26999. The Cedia requires servicing every 10000km compared to 5000km for Magnum. Also the consumables are pretty cheap. Its only spare parts that are a bit expensive. However I can guarantee that the maintenance costs will be lower as Mitsubishi is way way more reliable than GM.

I've not seen/driven the LPG version yet so can't comment on that.
reignofchaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 12:40   #32
BHPian

Considering your plans to keep the car for 5+ years... Go Cedia (with or without LPG depending on your usage)

Lancers are, in general, trouble free for a very long time. I hear most owners run Lancers for 2L+ km without much issues. I also understand that the cost of spares have come down. I am sure HM is working on this aspect for Cedia too.

As for routine maintenance of Cedia, I guess it should be less than Rs.10,000 for the first two years or 40,000km. [Given that spark plugs run till 40,000km and so do air filters]. In my personal case, this is very very low compared to my fuel bills (I clock around 1500km per month)!!! Please also refer to RoC's thread on Cedia for the schedule costs till 100,000km (nice compilation).

Of course, you know the GM service costs better that me.
GSHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 14:14   #33
Senior - BHPian

I am dead sure that there is no space in the boot of LPG fitteed Cedia. So If you can do with the absence of boot , then cedia would do just fine!
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 14:51   #34

you seem to be in a lot of confusion, i agree with abhinav if you don't need a boot do go for cedia lpg but I personally think magnum is a much better bet, new engine a good combo of nearly everything, read a review of a magnum on tbhp and it seems that the customer is very satisfied with the car..

(just loved that black magnum... and also the red cedia .. both are really hot)
shamit_del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 14:56   #35
BHPian

yeah...cedia without a boot at all sure looks a problem, autocar says 275 lts is all that is left. I am going for a magnum TD tommorow and keep posted. May be i will book the car if all is well. I heard the prices are going up in october...may be if i wait for cedia lpg then i may have to foot that plus whatever i am paying for the rented car!
arunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 15:09   #36
HSV
BHPian

Hey now thats quite wonderful to hear that you are satisfied with Autovikas. I'll definitely send the car there next time. Arent they at Motinagar, near Galaxy Toyota and MGF Hyundai? Conveneient location too.

Frankly my heart just jumps at the sound of 314NM of Torque at 2120rpm. Frankly for a diesel I was quite happy with my Indigo LX, as the Turbo used to kick in at 1900 rpm. Now that got me thinking that, if my heavy as lead and underpowered Indigo can get off to a flying start (every time I rev it hard), then imagine what the Magnum would do.

I had recently read somewhere that GM plan to offer an A/T in the Magnum. I only wish they can do it soon, as I just cant wait to get me hands on one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks316 View Post
hi.. i get it from autovikas.. whenever i get my car serviced the bill is around 3000 so it depends what you mean by hefty bills.. how much does your bill come and it also depends on the condition of your car.. they are not the best but they do what they write and they always call now after the service is done to know if i am satisfied with it or not.. i just had one issue with the car in 4 years with the coolant and after that i didnt have any problem.. see opel service is little expensive as compared to honda & all but as far as i have heard chevy is cheaper to run than the opel.. gm still has a long way to go but as compared to earlier they are more active now in doing the work.. anyone can have a bad experience with any company i dont like hyundai service though people say it is one of the best and i have heard bad things about ford service but still people are buying there cars and honda and maruti is no different people have issues with them too so my advice would be that you should go and pay the bill as girls cant haggle much as you said and they dont have much knowledge in cars.. i am happy with gm and my corsa till now and the only issue i have with my corsa is the FE its not very good.. optra magnum is a very good car and i think you should consider it in the list.. just be a little carefull when you get your car service and we customers need to be smart in dealing with them since noone is less.. gm service is one of the reasons i am considering aveo to be my next car.. tc.
HSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 16:02   #37
BHPian

Go for the Magnum..Its better VFM i guess..!
surajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2007, 11:03   #38
BHPian

I have booked a magnum yday and will be taking delivery in a week or so.Will keep you posted on the experience.
Old 1st October 2007, 19:32   #39
BHPian

congrats arunk on the buy..
do post in your experience with the car. which colour ?? (really wanna know it)
saw a pearl white magnum being delivered .. looks fab

cheers
beanstalk_230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2007, 19:04   #40
BHPian

its going to be premium metallic..sre will keep you posted on the buy
Old 2nd October 2007, 19:13   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunk View Post
I have booked a magnum yday and will be taking delivery in a week or so.Will keep you posted on the experience.
Awesome!

How much does it cost OTR? 11lac?
My friend bought one last month after he was quoted 9.5Lac(almost) for the Verna. Add 1.5lac to that and you get a better bigger car!

Last edited by jkdas : 2nd October 2007 at 19:15.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2007, 19:15   #42
BHPian

no I am going for the LS version, LT has lots of features which i dont need, like the leather seats and they dont have an ABS option in the LS. So I decided to sat with LS. OTR will be 9.91L
Old 2nd October 2007, 20:41   #43
Senior - BHPian

Man its an excellent decision. You will definately enjoy the drive. Do share the experience of your deivery and keep us updated about the driving experience.....I suggest you open a new thread for this wherein you can explicitly use the thread to share the experiences with the car (good/bad) both.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote