Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2007, 13:24   #61
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,471
Thanked: 19,385 Times
Default

18K is not too bad. I read some stories of octy clutch costing Rs.70K. You guys both have given for petrol. What about the diesel clutch is it differently priced?
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2007, 14:01   #62
Senior - BHPian
 
normally_crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,367
Thanked: 387 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
18K is not too bad. I read some stories of octy clutch costing Rs.70K. You guys both have given for petrol. What about the diesel clutch is it differently priced?
I had got the clutch replaced on my diesel Skoda. Approx 15000 Rs without flywheel. They were pushing for the fly wheel but I had the service advisor on my side and he checked the fly wheel and told me to be firm not changing the fly wheel.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2007, 00:33   #63
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

Is there anything apart from ecu remap by which i can can increase the performance
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2007, 00:48   #64
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Is there anything apart from ecu remap by which i can can increase the performance
FFE, Filter but you need to get a remap for that. Aka you need a remap for everything for the RS.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2007, 00:59   #65
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 154 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I had got the clutch replaced on my diesel Skoda. Approx 15000 Rs without flywheel. They were pushing for the fly wheel but I had the service advisor on my side and he checked the fly wheel and told me to be firm not changing the fly wheel.
But why do you need to get the flywheel changed? On all other cars I've never had to see a situation where the flywheel needed to be changed with a clutch job, why is it with the Skoda's only? Why don't cars from other manufacturers need new Flywheels with new Clutches?

Last edited by iraghava : 30th September 2007 at 01:08.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2007, 04:49   #66
BANNED
 
hellspawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: noida
Posts: 1,686
Thanked: 6 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

probably this might make your decision easier.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ion-issue.html (It's Official: Mid-Day report on Civic Suspension issue)
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2007, 12:37   #67
Senior - BHPian
 
shuvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 1,081
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

@ Iraghava - I had my TDi's clutch replaced at around 45000 kms. Didn't have to touch the flywheel. Bill came to 17k, all inclusive. In fact, I know many Octys which had their clutch done. Never heard about the flywheel issue.

@ abhinav - Dude, take a long test drive of the RS. You won't look at anything else, IMHO. The car is extremely mod friendly too.

Last edited by shuvd : 30th September 2007 at 12:40.
shuvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 08:51   #68
BHPian
 
car_crazy1400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: DL/UP16/PB10
Posts: 528
Thanked: 173 Times
Default

Well, I drove my octavia 1.9 till 80,000 kms without a clutch problem till the day I sold it, but it had a lot of other problems, namely, brakes, radiator fan , power windows, alternator belt, etc.

I would not really recommend Skoda diesel to any one who intends to keep it for a long time (i kept mine for about 5 years).

However, I have driven the RS and its great vehicle but service & spare costs are prohibitive.
car_crazy1400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 10:20   #69
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

Took A Test Drive
Man It is Faadoo. Really Love it. The Turbo the speed , the gadgetry all awesome

Just hope Dad Agrees to the 15.75 lakh car(on road delhi soon 8 % Cess )
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 10:53   #70
Senior - BHPian
 
shuvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 1,081
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

All the best Abhinav. Hope your dad agrees!
shuvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 11:01   #71
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 275
Thanked: 63 Times
Default

Abhinav, you will not regret buying the RS. My RS has done 30000 kms without any major problems. A xenon lamp failed AFTER the 2 years warranty and Skoda gave me a free goodwill replacement. Skoda bashers please note.
Bomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 17:50   #72
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,453
Thanked: 955 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
But why do you need to get the flywheel changed? On all other cars I've never had to see a situation where the flywheel needed to be changed with a clutch job, why is it with the Skoda's only? Why don't cars from other manufacturers need new Flywheels with new Clutches?

Flywheel change while clutch replacement

This is fabulous - if it's a free offer

Actually, Skoda customers must write to the parent company or VAG group PR if possbile as this is earning them real bad name.

I can understand that bad driving can lead to early wear out of clutch plate and will need replacement. But I don't know how a driver can wear out a flywheel!!!

And - the DSG models would have a dual mass flywheel, IIRC.
So when a DSG customer goes for gearbox service/issue, double party time for Skoda!!!

Last edited by anandpadhye : 1st October 2007 at 17:51.
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 21:25   #73
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,453
Thanked: 955 Times
Default

BTW, came back from my NHC 50,000KM service today.
While talking to the service guys - found that for Civic the oil and oil filter change is prescribed every 10K (unlike every 5K for NHC) due to higher grade oil...

Felt good to hear this.

Then what's really left to be done every 5K for Civic (ther service interval is still every 5K). The guy replied "just inspection" and smiled...Me thinks - just a cool way to earn Rs.500 to 1000 from Civic customers every 3 months without having to do much...and a way out of warrantee claims if some customer has skipped this "inspection"....
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 21:36   #74
BHPian
 
unknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 429
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Considering Rs resale value i don't think it's worth to shell out 16l for a brand new rs anywys it's just my humble opinion , better buy a second hand .
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 23:53   #75
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,350
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
BTW, came back from my NHC 50,000KM service today.
While talking to the service guys - found that for Civic the oil and oil filter change is prescribed every 10K (unlike every 5K for NHC) due to higher grade oil...

Felt good to hear this.

Then what's really left to be done every 5K for Civic (ther service interval is still every 5K). The guy replied "just inspection" and smiled...Me thinks - just a cool way to earn Rs.500 to 1000 from Civic customers every 3 months without having to do much...and a way out of warrantee claims if some customer has skipped this "inspection"....
Yes the oil change is once in 10k for the Civic. Paid 550+tax for the service. I don't mind paying 600 odd once in 3 months for some piece of mind. Was also pleasantly surprised to find that it costs only 550/- A total body wash including undercarriage is 300+ in most garages. So I think 550 is damn cheap.
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brand new ANHC or used Civic to keep for 10 years. Edit: Got a 2007 Honda Civic sumeethaldankar Sedans 117 29th May 2013 10:31
Honda City Vs Honda Civic E Vs Honda Civic V (pre-owned) drkunaldas Sedans 4 31st October 2010 18:07
Lateral Movement - Skoda Octavia to Honda Civic? EDIT : Bought Civic! Jay5150 Sedans 44 19th August 2009 06:07
Arya Honda v. Apex Honda | Honda Manual v. Auto Civic Axe77 Indian Car Dealerships 12 21st July 2009 07:22


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:31.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks