Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread

Old 7th October 2007, 17:00   #1
BHPian

Unhappy On buying a Verna

@ MODS plssssss give this thread a small exception for being here its a bit urgent .

hi guys

Its a big occasion for us (me & my bro) as we are gifting a Hyundai verna CRDi-SX-ABS for our dad (Its kinda surprise gift to celebrate his Semi - retirement ).
coming to the point
DEALER : ADVAITH HYUNDAI RESIDENCY ROAD BLORE.

1) The OTR in detail
Ex SHOWROOM PRICE 8,26,938.00
INSURANCE 24,219.00
LIFE TIME ROAD TAX 1,00,061.00
SERVICE CHARGES 6,000.00

TOTAL ON ROAD 9,57,218.00

coming to the interest rate its 11.4% from ICICI Bank.
Is this a good deal ???? The super talented sales guy (of whom i got information of detuned getz Mr.Niran Tammaiah ) is the person with whom i have negotiated from 13.5% to 11.4%.(I dont want him to take me for another ride ) .

These are the certain things which i need some clarification on:

1) The dealer says the model i have booked comes with all wheel disc.Is it true ???? (jst to be on the safer side).
2) The dealer says the ICE is default (I hate that Kenwood panel) & it cant be taken out & give the customer the cash benefit . Is it true cant it be removed & reduce the price of the car ???
(In middle of the heated argument the dealer told he would buy the stock ICE from me & in exchange i have to buy whatever the ICE setup i need from him only itseems Wat the hell !!! i need some help here..)

3) The dealer said it comes with Bridgestone & MRF footwear which one should i choose (i prefer Bridgestone need BHPians opinion also)

4) The dealer quoted me a price of Rs.2500/- for modulators (with this the windows will roll up on its own WHEN WE LOCK THE CAR) is it worth it ????

5) I have also enquired about the under body coating Rs : 2800/- (this was the least price quoted from surakshaa )

6) Guys will be upgrading the footwear also with alloys
Plzzzzzz i need a right combination of upsize all i need is comfort & high handling & less tyre noise. (budget 30K plzzz give me three choicess).

7) guys want to install parking sensors (i need Top end i dont want my dad stressed (or struggle) to park his car ) also where shall i get it done (i didnt want the showroom guys to help me as whatever i ask the price gets shooted through the roof)

8) Need your opinion on the finance structure , here it goes

Tenure 60 months

EX showroom 826938

Loan Amount 520000

EMI 1440

(when i calculated with the LOAN AMORTIZATION it came to be 1410.00 need your comments)

Downpayment:

Margine money 306938
Advance EMI 11440
Insurance 24219
Road Tax 100061
Registration charges 6000 (is this the usuall amount what dealers normally quote)
Franking charges 520 (Whats this even the sales guys didnt know wat it was )
Processing charges 2950 (Wow how many times do they have to charge me )

Total Downpayment 452128.

I have paid 1lac as booking amount today will be paying the remaining amount tommorrow .

ONE last question to all verna owners : Was there any freebies or discounts when you guys bought the verna CRDi.

I was told no freebies & no discounts outright ...
THE VERNA CRDi now comes with climate control .
If there is anything which i have forgot to pay attention plss help me .
(since its a surprise everything is underwrap so cant take help from anyone so turning to Team-BHP.)
Old 7th October 2007, 18:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

1) The dealer says the model i have booked comes with all wheel disc.Is it true ???? (jst to be on the safer side). YES

2) The dealer says the ICE is default (I hate that Kenwood panel) & it cant be taken out & give the customer the cash benefit . Is it true cant it be removed & reduce the price of the car ???
(In middle of the heated argument the dealer told he would buy the stock ICE from me & in exchange i have to buy whatever the ICE setup i need from him only itseems Wat the hell !!! i need some help here..) They cant remove features and take reduce the pricing, else eveyone would be leaving there stock ICE, Tyres, Wheels, Exhausts and on some occassions engine out there itself

3) The dealer said it comes with Bridgestone & MRF footwear which one should i choose (i prefer Bridgestone need BHPians opinion also) Bridgetsone

4) The dealer quoted me a price of Rs.2500/- for modulators (with this the windows will roll up on its own WHEN WE LOCK THE CAR) is it worth it ???? Not necessary to have them but cool for that price.

5) I have also enquired about the under body coating Rs : 2800/- (this was the least price quoted from surakshaa ) Is this teflon?

Plzzzzzz i need a right combination of upsize all i need is comfort & high handling & less tyre noise. (budget 30K plzzz give me three choicess).
  • Stock Size - 175/70/14
  • upsize 1 - 185/65/14
  • Upsize 2 - 195/60/14
  • Tyres for comfort, handling & less tyre noise - Michelin Energy XM1, Yokohama C Drives
7) guys want to install parking sensors (i need Top end i dont want my dad stressed (or struggle) to park his car ) also where shall i get it done (i didnt want the showroom guys to help me as whatever i ask the price gets shooted through the roof) - Any accessory shop.

BTW Congrats, the engine is gem, just a question, almost 10L OTR, why didnot you look at the Magnum, bigger, badder and faster.
Old 7th October 2007, 18:47   #3
BHPian

@ BUSA

My dad happened to go in a verna on a trip to tirupathi with his friends he was fida on the verna's engine (in fact he has plans to buy) so this will be a nice surprise for him .

parking sensors

I dont know any reliable accessory shop , i need something which must be really helpful price not a matter (does it come with a warranty ???? if Y then i will go for it)

Under body coating is antirust coating done to the bare underbody to extend its life further & its not teflon .

hey busa what do you think of the interest rate
Old 7th October 2007, 19:31   #4
Senior - BHPian

The interest rate is really good, in Mumbai people dont budge below 13.5% in any circumstances, current ROI is 14.5%

Get the anti rust done.

Go to any reputed auto car shop for the Parking Sensors, Xenos makes them and they come with warranty. Gopina.. has it on his Red SX4
Old 7th October 2007, 20:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

You should negotiate on the registration, franking and processing charges, they are all the same but named differently to extract more money. Dont pay more than 3-4000 max in total.

Ask him what this is all about ???
Old 7th October 2007, 20:54   #6

The rate of interest is pretty good...since the lowest here in delhi is just abt 12% from SBI.

The auto window rollup is kind of on the expensive side. It cost me about 1500 here in delhi for my esteem. Incase you go in for it, ensure that the original wiring is not played around with, my car was off warranty and left plenty of room for imagination.

Tyres: Bridgestone

I have never heard or paid any sort of franking charges, processing fees are dependent on whether u can convince the DSA to waive it off for u.

Best of Luck for the New Car

Cheers
Old 7th October 2007, 22:13   #7
BHPian

@ BUSA, dadu & ghost .
Thanks Now i am kinda relaxed with the ROI matter .

Will be visiting him tomorrow & will dig up what are those charges for ???
Old 8th October 2007, 10:29   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
The interest rate is really good, in Mumbai people dont budge below 13.5% in any circumstances, current ROI is 14.5%

Get the anti rust done.

Go to any reputed auto car shop for the Parking Sensors, Xenos makes them and they come with warranty. Gopina.. has it on his Red SX4
I have been able to negotiates rates lower than 11 in Delhi. Bargain harder mate. And not only through the dealer but elsewhere also. It helps.
Old 8th October 2007, 11:26   #9
Senior - BHPian

and which bank was this ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreak View Post
I have been able to negotiates rates lower than 11 in Delhi. Bargain harder mate. And not only through the dealer but elsewhere also. It helps.
Old 8th October 2007, 11:27   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveencr85 View Post
3) The dealer said it comes with Bridgestone & MRF footwear which one should i choose (i prefer Bridgestone need BHPians opinion also)
Praveen the SX comes with Bridgestone footwear whereas the normal CRDi comes with MRF footwear. Initially all cars were fitted with Bridgestone's but now this has changed.

Quote:
What size you wanna fit? Standard 14" or upsize to 15"?

As for the correct upsizes, you can find the whole list here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...-your-car.html
Old 8th October 2007, 11:43   #11
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
4) The dealer quoted me a price of Rs.2500/- for modulators (with this the windows will roll up on its own WHEN WE LOCK THE CAR) is it worth it ????

5) I have also enquired about the under body coating Rs : 2800/- (this was the least price quoted from surakshaa )

7) guys want to install parking sensors (i need Top end i dont want my dad stressed (or struggle) to park his car ) also where shall i get it done (i didnt want the showroom guys to help me as whatever i ask the price gets shooted through the roof) -
Its advisable not to buy any accessory from the dealer as they quote sky high prices. The said Modulator costs Rs1100 at accessory shops! And Teflon coating is on the paint while underbody coating is rubberized coating for prevention of rust 3M and DUPONT have some great solutions for this, again dont get it dont at the dealer.

Parking sensors come with and without displays u can even fit a reverse camera with a monitor, check with local shops! Do get a gear lock for sure though.

Cheers
Old 8th October 2007, 13:13   #12
BHPian

the ROI is too high, 13-15% is the standard what all banks offer, even the guys from SBI, quote you a ROI of 14% minimum, but like 'thefreak' said you gotta bargain hard, you have to, SBI can give you the best ROI, the minimum being 9-10%, my friend got his accent crdi financed, he got 10% fixed ROI, don't go for the floating ROI, they mug you. I'd say if you bargain, and they crib, dont go beyond 11.5% stick to that, start off by saying ROI should be 9% they won't agree, say youre planning to get 2 cars financed, this loan is for the first car, ill be coming to you guys in a couple of days, and do tell him what 2nd car youre palnnin to get financed, get him caught up in his own thought process. SBI and PNB guys do break on the ROI, they do, trust me man, all you gotta do is talk. it does take a while but is definitely worth the money you save.

PS - if you want a lesser ROI, say youll be getting 2 cars financed!!

Mod's Note: Stop posting in bold and underline. It makes it difficult to read the text. All formatting tags removed.

Also, do break down a paragraph at logical places instead of typing everything in a single lump of para.
Old 8th October 2007, 16:06   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
and which bank was this ??
HDFC and ICICI. Existing relations with one bank and salaried account with the other. Plus the dealer was quoting me a rate that worked out to effective of 11.75%. Haggled and it has been lowered to 11.25% and I know it will go down further... I could see it in the dealer reps eyes
Old 8th October 2007, 19:06   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreak View Post
HDFC and ICICI. Existing relations with one bank and salaried account with the other. Plus the dealer was quoting me a rate that worked out to effective of 11.75%. Haggled and it has been lowered to 11.25% and I know it will go down further... I could see it in the dealer reps eyes
I have got 10.75 % from icici. I have salary account in there. So moral is you will get below 11 by some means. Just keep on bargaining.
Old 8th October 2007, 21:20   #15
BHPian

@ All

Thanks guys for your valuable suggestions.

I was not unable to go to showroom as work commitments kept me tied nyways will be visiting the showroom tommorrow & i will update what happened .

@ iraghava
Sir i have total zero knowledge about the tyres & upsizes (blame it on being the youngest in the family ) & about the alloys(little bit) so all i need is a right kinda combination (may be an upsize or stock size whichever) possible without any sideeffects to the car within my budget (hey bythe way how much can i expect for those bridgestones that come with verna ) .

@ aZa
Sir i got your point so i am thinking to go a bit slow in buying the aftermarket acessories as i am really bad at negotiating .hoping some of our Blore Bhpians would help in guiding me to the right shops .

Underbody coating is not being done buy the dealer .

@ Gear lock
Oh thanks for reminding me will see where i can get it .

@blue2ki

I have already done it lured him with saying that i am ready to book Getz diesel (said would pay 50k also) when i booked verna i told him i have full faith in him so would do it without a TD also ..
The super supremem sales guy was on cloud nine with so much of happiness told me "praveen sir you will be the first one to own & drive the Getz diesel in karnataka i will make sure that you will be the first one ."
Closed Thread