Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 2nd November 2007, 23:24   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph5600 View Post
SX4, though it is a new vehicle, has the same old engine of Baleno

They must have restarted production of the Baleno's old G16B engine then, since the last time I checked, the SX4 in India came with a brand new family - the M16 engine.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2007, 12:44   #17
BHPian

wow! thanks for all the responses guys.

As far as the Optra/Aveo are concerned, I didn't want to suggest them considering their spares and service will definitely be more expensive. I guess the same would go for the Fiesta.

The Cedia is one option I didn't consider, thanks for the advise, I'll look into it.

What I've understood so far:

The SX4 would be better suited for people who are two-up and dont need to use the rear seat too often.
Buying the Honda city in any case would be a no-brainer.

Having said that, I think the decision might swing to the SX4 (I ll know after the weekend), because nobody but Maruti seems to have a dealership near Adyar (in Chennai).

I normally don't recommend cars and bikes to non-enthusiasts. I leave it to them to make their own decisions. And in the odd cases that I am forced to poke my nose into it, I generally make a very safe bet to avoid hassles in the future.

Please don't stop your contributions at this. Do keep them coming.

Thanks once again.
the_trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2007, 13:07   #18
BHPian

For 8 lakhs budget, SX4 ZXi is VFM. It has all safety features and comes fully loaded including integrated stereo. So No need to spend anything extra.
prskumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2007, 18:32   #19

Default Sx4

SX4 is gud,If u go for SX4,buy vx version,coz zxi have integrated audio sysytem,manufacturer is nippon,if u want change your audio system where u fit it?there is no space in dash board,if any problom with it were we go for replace it,there is no guaranty abt it,all other part is ok,but without music i cant drive...i dont know abt u...regards..faisal
faisalmagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2007, 18:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faisalmagnet View Post
SX4 is gud,If u go for SX4,buy vx version,coz zxi have integrated audio sysytem,manufacturer is nippon,if u want change your audio system where u fit it?there is no space in dash board,if any problom with it were we go for replace it,there is no guaranty abt it,all other part is ok,but without music i cant drive...i dont know abt u...regards..faisal
Lamest ever argument to buy a VXi that I've ever seen. Don't you think if there's no stereo in VXi then the ZXi stereo can also be removed?. Its the same dash after all.
reignofchaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2007, 12:01   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Now you can replace the SX4 Nippon System with a Custom Built Panel suited for all other Music systems. you don't find any differences. I had done it through Radio Warehouse Chennai. i have pioneer now and its rocking................
saabasheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2007, 12:32   #22
BHPian

Default Sx4

If the budget is fixed at 8 lakhs, the SX4 seems to me to be the best bet else its Cedia all the way.
parichay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2007, 13:58   #23
PVS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_trooper View Post

The budget is around 8 lakhs.

A few of the cars shortlisted are the Verna, Fiesta, and the SX4.

The Honda City is there in the list, but since another family already owns one, they want to buy something different if possible.

The car will mostly be used in the city, with the very rare out of station trip.

Average distance travelled per month would be, well, what under 1000km I guess.

The car is gonna be self driven.

One specific requirment for this car would be passenger comfort. Spacious and comfortable.

The choice between diesel and petrol is open, and milage is not really a priority, neither is ground-shattering performace. It is basically gonna be used to transport the family.

What would you suggest? Please pour in your opinions, no matter how good or ridicuous you think your point is.
May be TATA Indigo XL Grand can also be included? Comes within 8 Lakhs on road I believe ; fabulous rear seat comfort and legroom; DVD screens for the rear seats(not tiltable though); rear A/C vents; alloy wheels & leather seats.

A sturdy car no doubt; spares are also affordable.

Regards
PVS
PVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 18:39   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aha..thats nice....then go for SX4 ZXI
Please remember that if you replace the stock Nippon system, the audio controls on the steering will not work.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2007, 05:08   #25

sx4 is still relatively new in the market whereas honda city is quite established. so you still dont know long term ownerships. in terms of back seat comfort honda city is way ahead because of the design of their petrol tank. but if safety seems to be your criterion then sx4. ofcourse you would be giving up the interiors if u opt for the sx4 since honda is way ahead and the city is ahead in cabin sound refinement as well.

i suggest if its primarily city traffic driving then city is the choice. if the other criterions for sx4 are more imp then go for sx4.

personally i wud go for a tried and tested product which is more established which is honda though dealers suck in honda. and personally interiors of the car to me is like the face of a pretty lady....so depending on your choices of ladies, i suggest you make the choice...sx4 is........:-)
leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2007, 09:52   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leong View Post
sx4 is still relatively new in the market whereas honda city is quite established. so you still dont know long term ownerships. in terms of back seat comfort honda city is way ahead because of the design of their petrol tank. but if safety seems to be your criterion then sx4. ofcourse you would be giving up the interiors if u opt for the sx4 since honda is way ahead and the city is ahead in cabin sound refinement as well.

i suggest if its primarily city traffic driving then city is the choice. if the other criterions for sx4 are more imp then go for sx4.

personally i wud go for a tried and tested product which is more established which is honda though dealers suck in honda. and personally interiors of the car to me is like the face of a pretty lady....so depending on your choices of ladies, i suggest you make the choice...sx4 is........:-)
Important point this one. Lot of SX4 owners are faced with niggling issues. Search the forum to find out more.
thefreak is offline   Reply With Quote