Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 22nd November 2007, 07:18   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
go for corolla. proven car , toyota are offering goodies and discount now + you will get decent resale value too.

Cedia is under performer. HM is not pushing it.
Cedia as a car is not at all an underperformer.
HM as a dealer is certainly underperforming in terms of sales.
We should look for what we need in the car and buy the car that suits our needs. than going by how it fares in the sales chart. If sales chart is the option, the Alto will be the best buy
Car&me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2007, 22:00   #62

Default Corolla

My friend Go for corolla.good mileage 14+ and 125hp.my vote for corolla.
faisalmagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2007, 22:36   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car&me View Post
If sales chart is the option, the Alto will be the best buy
Can't say sales chart never matters. Compare segment-wise and it does matter.

Civic sells far more than the competition and with good reason. Corolla sells more than Cedia for good reason too, but in case of corolla-cedia, its Toyota brand over HM-mitsubishi that mainly affect sales.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2007, 20:32   #64
BHPian

Go for CEDIA if you are passionate about driving......The most responsive car you can ride in this segment. Handling is something you must experience to comprehend! The suspension is simply awesome...you feel sorry for the roads, just take a test drive of both these vehicles on a battered road and you will get what i am saying! Personally i feel the Corolla has a very blank look...with the Cedia , the Evo lines are pretty evident..But as most bhpians rightly said, HM is a let down for Mitsubishi...Fools dont know how to market an awesome car....as a result Cedia is one of themost under rated car in India right now!The plus point is, its not too common..hehe..

And its really baffling to call the car an under-performer....its rather the under-dog! Look at the Indian rally circuit, Cedia is the ruling champ...Why you dont see Corollas there?(no offense meant)
Torqueguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 19:13   #65
BHPian

Default RE: Cedia V Corolla

I am trying to understand how people come out with these statements:

"Cedia is an underperformer". Its not an MTNL share that you bought in Mar '06 that it is underperforming

An earlier post in the thread says - "couple of my friends gave bad feedback on Cedia".
I am really really curious who these friends are? i went through every website/user forum/review and was not able to come out with bad feedback on Cedia.

Oh and the sales charts surely do not help. Certainly not in India. I feel pity on the millions in this country who will never in their life come to know about what a car should handle like

---------
GTX;Cedia-sports
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 22:20   #66
BHPian

Default Cedia according to me.

As a cedia owner having gone through the same dilemma recently, I know that this can be a tricky decision. The reason I bought the cedia is not because I felt that it was better than the corolla, its just that it felt just right for me. I preferred its low sporty stance to the corolla's slightly man on stilts look. I preferred the neat black and gray leather interiors to the lighter fabric upholstery in the corolla (in the comparable variant) and finally it had everything that the top model of the corolla had (except auto-air-control) at the price of a honda vtec.
parichay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2007, 13:16   #67
BHPian

If you drive CEDIA if you want to be driven in and are more than 35 + in age and feel the same then corolla , and if you drive and you are 35 + in age but feel 25 then again Cedia ,there is differnce between fun driving and travelling and that is the same as CEDIA and COROLLA
rubin2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2007, 13:12   #68
BHPian

Hello all, recently I have got really busy at work and also at home. So i really did not get chance to followup on these cars. Its now taken a little bit back seat at the moment. But i am regularly reading this tread on the suggestions.
However I think I will be going in for a test drive by around christmas time when i will be getting sometime. I promise I will keep the thread updated with my findings
pshyamsundar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 21:49   #69
BHPian

Any idea on the discounts being offered currently on the Corolla espec the automatic version - in Chennai esp
vikrantw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 22:58   #70
BANNED

In Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantw1 View Post
Any idea on the discounts being offered currently on the Corolla espec the automatic version - in Chennai esp
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 23:15   #71
BHPian

hello all, interesting thread! Owning both a Corolla and a Cedia, like its been rightfully said, cedia is a complete drivers car n Corolla chauffeur driven. However, recently my cousin had borrowed the Corolla and met with an unusual accident where the ABS and the power steering malfunctioned while he was cornering at around 70Kmph. The car flipped and rolled twice. Although the airbags had deployed, and my cousin was thankfully safe. After speculation we find that its a factory problem from Toyota and similar accidents had been reported by other owners as well. Although the Corolla feels safe, at corners it does seem to have a bit of a bodyroll which is the complete opposite in the case of the Cedia. Hence my vote goes for the Cedia too.. p.s watch out for mine - mini evo in the making!
Abix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 23:39   #72
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abix View Post
hello all, interesting thread! Owning both a Corolla and a Cedia, like its been rightfully said, cedia is a complete drivers car n Corolla chauffeur driven. However, recently my cousin had borrowed the Corolla and met with an unusual accident where the ABS and the power steering malfunctioned while he was cornering at around 70Kmph. The car flipped and rolled twice. Although the airbags had deployed, and my cousin was thankfully safe. After speculation we find that its a factory problem from Toyota and similar accidents had been reported by other owners as well. Although the Corolla feels safe, at corners it does seem to have a bit of a bodyroll which is the complete opposite in the case of the Cedia. Hence my vote goes for the Cedia too.. p.s watch out for mine - mini evo in the making!
i presumed toyota's would be the last cars to have some sort of an engine related failure.
and yes,awaiting pics of your mini evo
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2007, 17:56   #73
BHPian

Is this accident one off kind of case or do you know of more cases similar to this accident. I can believe the car flipped and rolled twice. Really scares me.
pshyamsundar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2007, 12:13   #74
BHPian

Default Go for CEDIA

Hi guys,
Go for CEDIA. all versions are fully loaded. Hassel free. Value for your money.
ABS with EBD, Air bags for both driver and co. All points has been taken care. As rightly said little bit marketing by HM is needed, other wise great stuff. Recentelly it has won rally at Bangalore.
Take care,
vasanadusatish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2007, 13:36   #75
BHPian

Well , the new corolla thats about to hit the market looks cool, i saw a picture online.. But the current one is too plain in terms of looks IMO. Powerwise both are neck in neck, but easily Cedia is the drivers car as it scores heavily in terms of the handling, just take a test drive of both and you will know it! Then it will be known why it is hailed a rally car!
Torqueguru is offline   Reply With Quote