Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 21st November 2007, 00:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkanitkar View Post
If TATA will lauch new Indigo in 2008 then, waiting for that would make more sence. BTW, any idea how Indigo XL is selling?

Thank you guys for your quick help.
i dont know about other cities, but here in hyderabad i see quite a number of Indigo Xl around, but most of them are the diesels and the cheaper variant.
(zappo, can you confirm on this??)

You can go for the classic variant, i guess it is more than a lakh cheaper than the grand.

raj.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 01:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
i dont know about other cities, but here in hyderabad i see quite a number of Indigo Xl around, but most of them are the diesels and the cheaper variant.
(zappo, can you confirm on this??)

You can go for the classic variant, i guess it is more than a lakh cheaper than the grand.

raj.
anna,most of them will be of the petrol variant if u observe,they were used for the world military games which were later auctioned off.. think they still have a few left.. dunno the price thought..( for the remaining 3.0 safari dicor lx it's fixed at 6.18 lac, ex-showroom..)
aadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 08:25   #18
BHPian

Indica DLX has ABS + Airbags. They launched it in Diwali. I could not find any TD report on Indigo Petrol. Unfortunately Indigo XL Petrol is not available for TD with dealer. If you want chauffeur driven car then Indigo XL looks VFM for comfortable rear seats and legroom, please correct me if I am wrong.
ABS will be good option. Can we modify interiors later? Any dealer in Pune/ Mumbai?
In my recent visit to HYD, I have seen many Indigo XL. That's the reason, we started thinking about this car.
If TATA comes with new varient and version in Q1 of 2008, then will it be worth for waiting?

Last edited by mrkanitkar : 21st November 2007 at 08:27.
mrkanitkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 09:33   #19
Team-BHP Support

indica, I think he mentioned indica turbo with ABS and airbags.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 09:46   #20
BHPian

If TATA comes with new version of Indigo XL, I wish with Safari 2.2 engine 140 BHP, Mr. TATA are you reading? As TATA wellknown for offering multiple engine options for their cars, Safari 2.2 engine for Indigo XL will make it big boom.
Old 21st November 2007, 12:40   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
indica, I think he mentioned indica turbo with ABS and airbags.
Not yet avalaible with dealers out here
rohan_fonseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 13:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If TATA comes with new version of Indigo XL, I wish with Safari 2.2 engine 140 BHP, Mr. TATA are you reading? As TATA wellknown for offering multiple engine options for their cars, Safari 2.2 engine for Indigo XL will make it big boom.
lol, what are you talking? A safari 2.2 Engine for Indigo . Then the price tag you are expecting will take a big hit. They cannot be competitive and moreover we have never heard atleast in India about this.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 14:04   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Indica DLX has ABS + Airbags. They launched it in Diwali. I could not find any TD report on Indigo Petrol. Unfortunately Indigo XL Petrol is not available for TD with dealer. If you want chauffeur driven car then Indigo XL looks VFM for comfortable rear seats and legroom, please correct me if I am wrong.
ABS will be good option. Can we modify interiors later? Any dealer in Pune/ Mumbai?
In my recent visit to HYD, I have seen many Indigo XL. That's the reason, we started thinking about this car.
If TATA comes with new varient and version in Q1 of 2008, then will it be worth for waiting?
Dear Mr.Kanitkar,

HAN motors in Andheri west, Mumbai have both the vehicles - Indica DLX ABS + Airbags version for TD and the Indigo XL as well.

The DLX version is pretty much the turbo version with ABS that adds all the 'oomph' to it in terms of safety. At the cost, though!!!

I will be happy to know if the same safety measures can be introduced in the XL alongwith the new specs.

Pls do get in touch me if you cant get through to them and i will be happy to assist.

Cheers
SRShrikanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 14:41   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
lol, what are you talking? A safari 2.2 Engine for Indigo . Then the price tag you are expecting will take a big hit. They cannot be competitive and moreover we have never heard atleast in India about this.
Yes, I understand. Safari 2.2 starts with 7.x on road. Indigo XL with that 2.2 engine ( if it fits) should start around similar or 1 lac extra. It will definatly less than 9 Lac OTR.
Old 21st November 2007, 14:51   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes, I understand. Safari 2.2 starts with 7.x on road. Indigo XL with that 2.2 engine ( if it fits) should start around similar or 1 lac extra. It will definatly less than 9 Lac OTR.
How about us asking Tata to fit 2.2 Liter safari engine in the Indica or even better that Rs.1 Lakh Car ( that wont be after its fitted). Just imagine, what if it happens?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 15:24   #26
Senior - BHPian

I sont understand why nobody suggested about the Renault. Or did i miss it?

I would say the Reno is a better buy at that price if at all he is looking for a petrol with space and back seat comfort. If he is going to use a driver the ergonomics part wont be a problem for him.

Do suggest the renau. IT should be a ar better buy than the indigo in any form.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote