Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 21st November 2007, 13:35   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
There was a review in WhatCar (shall get the details soon). Cedia use "Sequent" direct injection from BRC. Sequent is specially designed for Petrol direct injection systems.

Good thing I remember reading is, the system starts the car always with Petrol, irrespective of the setting. It switches to gas later cylinder by cylinder, thus avoiding any engine vibration or missing.

Also, Cedia seems to have much more options than what is mentioned in the website. I just came to know that Cedia Sports comes with Black leather seats as an option.
Adding to what WhiteKnight has said.. below is the link from BRC site which explains the working of Sequent Direct injection

BRC Gas Equipment - Sequent Systems
Plasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 17:51   #17

Dear White Knight,

Please find the Cedia LPG Flash demo link
RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

Thanks
Spittingfire
spittingfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2007, 10:42   #18
BHPian

Thank you @spittingfire. Unfortunately, I always have problems with Rapidshare. Do we have samething in youtube?
WhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2007, 11:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post

Also, Cedia seems to have much more options than what is mentioned in the website. I just came to know that Cedia Sports comes with Black leather seats as an option.

Black and Silver leather seats are standard now in the Sports model.
reignofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2007, 11:37   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

With petrol prices up on the rise I am seriously considering changing my NHC CVT for a Cedia LPG. But i have a few queries which i guess some of you can help me clear:

1.How safe is the LPG system in the Cedia, being factory fitted gives me some peace of mind but i have heard that a rear collision could lead to the LPG tank blasting in some cases?
2. Does the Cedia LPG come in Automatic? If not what other LPG cars are available in India with this option?
3. Whats the FE figures in LPG mode? Rupees per KM?
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2007, 11:48   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
With petrol prices up on the rise I am seriously considering changing my NHC CVT for a Cedia LPG. But i have a few queries which i guess some of you can help me clear:

1.How safe is the LPG system in the Cedia, being factory fitted gives me some peace of mind but i have heard that a rear collision could lead to the LPG tank blasting in some cases?
2. Does the Cedia LPG come in Automatic? If not what other LPG cars are available in India with this option?

To add to this -
Is Cedia engine considered Fuel Efficient at all?
I have not heard it's reputation on FE front at all.
My NHC iDSI (Manual) gives me 14 to 16 in regular driving (city/highway 60:40 mix). If Cedia FE in petrol mode is assumed as 11 or 12 (and I have read that LPG mode reduces FE by ~20%), the LPG mode will give 9-10 (per kilo?).

Is this correct? Any feedback by any exisiting users?
If this is true, NHC is a better buy, isn't it?
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2007, 11:52   #22
Senior - BHPian

In Bangalore traffic which is worse than anywhere else in the country, I get around 10 in the city after a tyre upsize. On the highway it averages around 13-14 when driven normally (~120-130) and around 11 or so when driven really hard.

Obviously the NHC i-DSi will be more fuel efficient since it has a smaller engine and way less power. (77bhp vs 115bhp)
reignofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2007, 18:08   #23
BHPian

Cedia needs to be compared with Elantra / Corolla / Civic (can be argued). Never with Honda City.
My Cedia has never gone down 9.5 in city and 13.5 in highways, all with A/C on.
Car&me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2007, 08:54   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely false. Having worked in the natural gas industry, as well as using CNG since 2000, I can absolutely tell you not to worry. Let me give you an example - CNG is stored at 200 bar (200 times atmospheric pressure). LPG at about one-tenth that. But the cylinders are both almost similar. And they undergo both crash and explosive testing by ARAI before the kit is approved.

Infact, in Delhi, I remember an incident where a Amby with TWO cylinders had an explosion. It was found that the cheap local cylinder exploded, but the ORIGINAL cylinder next to it, was INTACT. The car was in bits! And Cedia has OEM fitted kit. So total peace of mind - most cars anyways carry a volatile explosive fluid called petrol no?
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2007, 10:07   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil
1.Very safe. During a crash, all valves are automatically shut and any excess pressure formed inside the tank is let out through the fuel inlet to the atmosphere.
2.No automatic
3. In LPG mode, U should have around 10% difference from petrol effectively.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2007, 11:33   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car&me View Post
Cedia needs to be compared with Elantra / Corolla / Civic (can be argued). Never with Honda City.
My Cedia has never gone down 9.5 in city and 13.5 in highways, all with A/C on.
Oh come on. Give me a break.

We are talking of a petrol car being sold by the manufacturer retrofitted with an Italian LPG kit. That way it can only be compared with Omni LPG and Wagon R LPG.
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2007, 14:04   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Oh come on. Give me a break.

We are talking of a petrol car being sold by the manufacturer retrofitted with an Italian LPG kit. That way it can only be compared with Omni LPG and Wagon R LPG.
Bro, No car in the world is stand alone from its manufacurer. If you are talking about driving your NHC with only Honda's parts, you can't even move the vehicle. Your tyres will not be there buddy!!!!
I dont say NHC as a bad vehicle, neither do I say Omni or Wagon R. All three has its own merits. But when comparison is made, you should compare apples and apples and not apples and oranges.
Car&me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2007, 02:10   #28
BHPian

Default reply on cedia ALPG

Boss

Yes whatever he says is true...even i had a test drive with ALPG today and it was really awesome.

believe it or not...u can never feel the difference of driving petrol/alpg even the shifting between these two can be done without even your co-passenger :-)

also you can also get SPORTS with ALPG option..but it takes another 15 days for delivery.

So i have planned to book Aussie yellow-Sports.

Can anyone say how this colour look on roads...or any suggestions? pls speak out
deepanonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2007, 02:18   #29
BHPian

Default need ur help buddy

Hi

I'm deepan and need ur help. i'm having a VIVA..just 9 months old but after having test drive of CEDIA ALPG i really wanted to convert to cedia sports(with ALPG option) which was accepted by the dealer too. i have planned to get aussie yellow color.

Do u think this as a right move.. i really wanted to go for cedia just for its looks & performance.

the only issue with ALPG is that ur half back boot space goes for the cylinder..else everything luks ok for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
In Bangalore traffic which is worse than anywhere else in the country, I get around 10 in the city after a tyre upsize. On the highway it averages around 13-14 when driven normally (~120-130) and around 11 or so when driven really hard.

Obviously the NHC i-DSi will be more fuel efficient since it has a smaller engine and way less power. (77bhp vs 115bhp)
deepanonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2007, 21:03   #30
BHPian

@ deepanonline: Aussie Yellow Cedia Sports is "AWESOME" period. Upgrading a Viva to Cedia in just 9 months depends purely on your financials.

If you are okay with 1/2 a boot space on the ALPG version, dont hesitate.
AirWind is offline   Reply With Quote