Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2008, 21:10   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
PatienceWins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,157
Thanked: 261 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by visu03 View Post
Thanks for the wishes.

I have booked warm silver. This again is the color my better half liked. I yielded since its my families choice to have Cedia, so they get the color they want. I guess it will be unique color for sports.

I have planned to go for the following

- Michelin PP2 205/60-R15 (Quoted 1000 for each tyre along with returning the OEM tyres)
- VKool/ Luminar AIR75 film for wind shield, all glasses (Quoted 15K)
- Component speakers (probably JBL) and an amp to power them
- RC remote control for the steering
- A party for my good friends

Alloys will be some time later, when budget co-operates.
Congrats!!

Great choice of car, colour and accessories.

Cedia is a drivers car and you will definitely love it. Enjoy!!
PatienceWins is offline  
Old 17th March 2008, 21:11   #47
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 130
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Cedia Sports has 4 colors available

Black - My mother is against it in the family
White - All my previous 3 cars are white and this is vetoed
Red - My father didnt like it
Yellow - No one except me liked it

So i was happy for some time that there is no color that every one likes, so it will have to be another car (Read: Safari).

One day the sales person informs that he has more colors available and brings home a warm silver car for TD. Every one likes that color and that what i am purchasing now.

All my previous buys have been, what ever i want in what ever color i like.
I realised for the first time that buying a car is a family thing in India just like a marriage.
visu03 is offline  
Old 17th March 2008, 22:01   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
madan80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Posts: 1,356
Thanked: 73 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by visu03 View Post

I have got 30k dealer discount.
Very strange - when i checked with the dealer in Chennai, he just brushed me off saying that there is no discount. and that we are offering more value for money Blah Blah! He said he would check and get back to me, but so far no news from him.
madan80 is offline  
Old 17th March 2008, 22:03   #49
BHPian
 
sj_koova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 600
Thanked: 148 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by visu03 View Post
Thanks for the wishes.

I have booked warm silver. This again is the color my better half liked. I yielded since its my families choice to have Cedia, so they get the color they want. I guess it will be unique color for sports.

I have planned to go for the following

- Michelin PP2 205/60-R15 (Quoted 1000 for each tyre along with returning the OEM tyres)
- VKool/ Luminar AIR75 film for wind shield, all glasses (Quoted 15K)
Are you getting these done through the dealer or outside? Seems to be a good deal on tyres.
How much is the new Michelin PP2 costing? and what is the offered price for the stock?

I am also planning to buy cedia sports very soon and would plan to upgrade tyres with the same. Dealer said he can arrange it for 6K each for Michelin PP2. Did not comment on the price of stock though. Somehow I felt dealer can't give me a good deal. So I am up for hunt.
sj_koova is offline  
Old 17th March 2008, 22:08   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
karanraheja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,915
Thanked: 233 Times
Post

Good decision Visu! Shall eagerly wait for the pics of your new ride!
karanraheja is offline  
Old 17th March 2008, 23:04   #51
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 130
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Are you getting these done through the dealer or outside? Seems to be a good deal on tyres.
How much is the new Michelin PP2 costing? and what is the offered price for the stock?

I am also planning to buy cedia sports very soon and would plan to upgrade tyres with the same.
I am getting these done at different places. I have taken inputs from other TBHPians and some of my friends.

I do not remember the exact price of PP2, it is some where around 5100 per tyre. He offered me 3800 for each bridge stone. I bargained for a 1000 rupees difference and he said he would finalize the deal on the day i bring the car.
visu03 is offline  
Old 17th March 2008, 23:08   #52
Senior - BHPian
 
androdev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,586
Thanked: 1,723 Times
Default

hey nice to know that they have brought sport version in silver color. one of my friends bought maroon (spirit?) because of no consensus on sports colors (ext + interior)
androdev is offline  
Old 17th March 2008, 23:09   #53
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 130
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
Very strange - when i checked with the dealer in Chennai, he just brushed me off saying that there is no discount. and that we are offering more value for money Blah Blah! He said he would check and get back to me, but so far no news from him.
Even the dealer here said the same and after some bargain offered 10k discounts. Fellow BHPian MAV2000 informed that he got his car on 14th of this month from Bangalore with 30k discount.

Today morning i went to the show room with my cheque book and told the marketing person that Lathangi is giving 30K in Bangalore and asked him to match it (Same price all over india concept of HM). I told him that if he gives me 30k discount i would give the cheque and book the car on spot.

He contacted HM and said that the deal of this month from HM all over india is 15k and dealer discount is another 15k and offered 30k. Try the same trick with chennai dealer.

There are also few BHPians from Chennai who own a Cedia, take thier reference and try.
visu03 is offline  
Old 17th March 2008, 23:11   #54
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,467
Thanked: 19,367 Times
Default

The Sports looks better but teh body kit has one disadvantage. With the traffic scenario fender benders are gonna cost a lot more to fix. the body kit is very expensive to replace.

The Spirit makes more sense as it has all the bells and whistles sans the body kit.
Vid6639 is offline  
Old 17th March 2008, 23:45   #55
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 107
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The Sports looks better but teh body kit has one disadvantage. With the traffic scenario fender benders are gonna cost a lot more to fix. the body kit is very expensive to replace.

The Spirit makes more sense as it has all the bells and whistles sans the body kit.
Hi Vidyut,

Cedia sports looks cool with the body kit..minus the body kit there seems to be something missing from Cedia. When I went to the Mitsu showroom,I couldn't take my eyes of the Black Sports which was parked in the middle..Infact I could not go back to Select or Spirits or whatever else was kept near the Sports.

Visu,

Congrats on a great buy..Its a very wise decision to go in for Mitsu cedia sports. I'm sure you and your family would be loving it! Please do post a detailed write up on your early Cedia ownership experience and post pics of your silver sports..Guess,you would be one of the few early owners of the Cedia sports in silver! Enjoy the drive with the family & friends..cheers:

Cheers
Ash

Last edited by AshOnTheRocks : 17th March 2008 at 23:46.
AshOnTheRocks is offline  
Old 18th March 2008, 08:04   #56
BHPian
 
sj_koova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 600
Thanked: 148 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by visu03 View Post
Even the dealer here said the same and after some bargain offered 10k discounts. Fellow BHPian MAV2000 informed that he got his car on 14th of this month from Bangalore with 30k discount.
I am going for a red Cedia-Sports. Lathangi offered me initially 20K corporate discount. I bargained and got another 10K since I had a better deal from Honda. 10K is valid only if the purchase order is given before 31st March. All that depends on my company as I am going for a car lease. Now pushing my finance people to release the purchase order.
sj_koova is offline  
Old 18th March 2008, 10:28   #57
VMG
BHPian
 
VMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 319
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Congratulations sj. Enjoy with your Cedia Sports.
VMG is offline  
Old 18th March 2008, 10:41   #58
BHPian
 
appuchan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bangy
Posts: 641
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by visu03 View Post
Thanks for the wishes.

I have booked warm silver. This again is the color my better half liked. I yielded since its my families choice to have Cedia, so they get the color they want. I guess it will be unique color for sports.

I have planned to go for the following

- Michelin PP2 205/60-R15 (Quoted 1000 for each tyre along with returning the OEM tyres)
- VKool/ Luminar AIR75 film for wind shield, all glasses (Quoted 15K)
- Component speakers (probably JBL) and an amp to power them
- RC remote control for the steering
- A party for my good friends

Alloys will be some time later, when budget co-operates.
Congrats Visu on the decision. Don't the Cedia comes with alloys? Or did you mean upgrade of alloys?
appuchan is offline  
Old 18th March 2008, 11:26   #59
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 130
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Cedia comes with alloys. I want to go for better looking alloys.
visu03 is offline  
Old 18th March 2008, 13:01   #60
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,825
Thanked: 4,791 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by visu03 View Post
I am getting these done at different places. I have taken inputs from other TBHPians and some of my friends.

I do not remember the exact price of PP2, it is some where around 5100 per tyre. He offered me 3800 for each bridge stone. I bargained for a 1000 rupees difference and he said he would finalize the deal on the day i bring the car.
No way man !! Unless you are getting it directly from the factory with ZERO profit for the company !!

I dont think the difference can be so much between Bangalore and Hyderabad. Please do find out the EXACT price of the tyre with VAT and other taxes.

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 18th March 2008 at 13:03.
Nikhilb2008 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cedia Spirit relaunched as cedia sports basic at Rs. 9,30,000 sidindica The Indian Car Scene 42 4th August 2010 00:16
Need help - Cedia, SX4, Optra or ANHC ? EDIT : The Cedia it is! kartho Sedans 59 23rd November 2009 13:59
Help needed on Cedia Sports. VMG Sedans 27 21st February 2008 12:56
Mitsubishi Cedia Sports 2500km report reignofchaos Long-Term Ownership Reviews 235 10th October 2007 14:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:57.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks