Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2007, 10:26   #16
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 85
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Many Thanks Madhukar. I also felt the same about the laura. As I have also pointed out my daily run is avg 80 KM a days and I have clocked 16,500 KM in 2007 (from Jan to Dec). My average corolla fuel bill is 8 - 10 K Rs Per month. I think fuel wise also I wil be at good shape with 35 rs a liter diesel and a good mileage as well.

I am not looking to go for Laura Elegance OR L&K, since not VFM. All remains same, except more airbags, more speakers and many gigmos and then there is not end to fancy things. Only few thing I will miss in Ambiente are, CD changer in Dash(Will suffice by iPod connectivity given), Audio Control on steering and Auto Climate Control.

Hoping to book today and will get the delivery by 2nd week of Jan

Cheers !!
vipul_bscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 10:41   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
khanak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai/Toronto
Posts: 2,734
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishg View Post
By proper- I think he meant a higher spec laura, the elegance or the L&k and not the ambiente.
Its not like the Ambiente is completely basic or anything. Its pretty decently specced for the price.
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 11:53   #18
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Its not like the Ambiente is completely basic or anything. Its pretty decently specced for the price.
18.4 lacs? I certainly don't think so.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 12:08   #19
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 356
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

i guess skoda is offering some discounts if you go with kotak mahindra.
madhukar_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 12:18   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
jesal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,322
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

i meant high spec its like buying a basic bmw 3 just to enter the phase of life where u can say i bought a beemer, i think that sucks. elegance is minimum what u need if u want to go for laura. its like when i was buying a car for my dad 2 yrs back i wanted a skoda RS then my dad found the price too high. but i was hell bent he said get the rider version. i just cancelled the whole booking then i refused to pay 12 laks just for engine fun no sunroof no xenons blah blah blah. no point dont buy something cuz u think its cheap. u have a nice corolla really.
jesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 12:22   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
khanak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai/Toronto
Posts: 2,734
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
18.4 lacs? I certainly don't think so.
The Ambiente is 12.40 OTR in Daman.
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 12:24   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
khanak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai/Toronto
Posts: 2,734
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
i meant high spec its like buying a basic bmw 3 just to enter the phase of life where u can say i bought a beemer, i think that sucks. elegance is minimum what u need if u want to go for laura. its like when i was buying a car for my dad 2 yrs back i wanted a skoda RS then my dad found the price too high. but i was hell bent he said get the rider version. i just cancelled the whole booking then i refused to pay 12 laks just for engine fun no sunroof no xenons blah blah blah. no point dont buy something cuz u think its cheap. u have a nice corolla really.
I guess what your saying is right in a way, I think there was even a thread somewhere here about what one would rather have, the higest spec model of a lower segment or the basic model of a higher segment. It all depends on ones personal preferences.

Last edited by khanak : 27th December 2007 at 12:25.
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 13:14   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
vkochar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Delhi / Agra / London
Posts: 2,031
Thanked: 214 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
The Ambiente is 12.40 OTR in Daman.
Thats is one good deal !!! It is 13.2 Lacs Ex in Delhi !!
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 13:26   #24
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
The Ambiente is 12.40 OTR in Daman.
But that is not the case with Mr. Vipul about which we are discussing in this thread.

So, if it's available for 12, 10, or 5 elsewhere, does it matter much?
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 13:43   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
khanak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai/Toronto
Posts: 2,734
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
But that is not the case with Mr. Vipul about which we are discussing in this thread.

So, if it's available for 12, 10, or 5 elsewhere, does it matter much?
yea it does, Daman registration is an option for many people buying a car in Mumbai and I know quite a few people who get their cars registered in Daman instead of Mumbai.

MH registration is 14.3 for Thane and 15 for Mumbai which also isnt that bad.
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 14:24   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
androdev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,586
Thanked: 1,723 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul_bscity View Post
I am not looking to go for Laura Elegance OR L&K, since not VFM. All remains same, except more airbags, more speakers and many gigmos and then there is not end to fancy things. Only few thing I will miss in Ambiente are, CD changer in Dash(Will suffice by iPod connectivity given), Audio Control on steering and Auto Climate Control.
You have done your homework well!

Let me also tell you that CD changers are useless in this age of digital MP3 players (like iPod). Once you start using iPod,etc. audio controls on the stereo are useless (except volume+/-)


Are you sure Ambient has AUX-IN? They did not have it in Elegance when I was shopping.
androdev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 14:26   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
khanak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai/Toronto
Posts: 2,734
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
You have done your homework well!

Let me also tell you that CD changers are useless in this age of digital MP3 players (like iPod). Once you start using iPod,etc. audio controls on the stereo are useless (except volume+/-)


Are you sure Ambient has AUX-IN? They did not have it in Elegance when I was shopping.
It does have an aux in jack.
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 14:42   #28
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 85
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Thanks Androdev,

Yes I normally do every bit of technical / functional details before doing things am a car freak too, but was mostly a silent reader on this forum seeing all the big guys play.

Yuo are right in most respect. Since I was used to in dash changer and audio control in my Corolla (Which does not have an Aux), was looking for it. But since Ambiente has Aux (in the Center Armrest a 3.5 mm point, covered neately with a tiny piece of foldable plastic), I think I wil use more of iPod now.

But they failed to give a 12 V outlet by default

Cheers !
vipul_bscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 17:25   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Hey Vipul, The reply to your sms.

You can get it from Petes performance products. PM Turboindia aka peter he will tell you exactly the nearest dealer to get it. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/turboindia.html

Cost for the box is 32500 and for the remap is 33000

Remaps wont be detected so there wont be any warranty issues. For exact details PM Peter.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 17:36   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
neoonwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,650
Thanked: 598 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Dude he is buying Laura only
I guess he is talking about the topmost version
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
going to book a Linea .... Help octy9833 Sedans 4 11th April 2010 17:53
Need help with economics book and Baron's GMAT/GRE English book Nikhilb2008 Shifting gears 2 30th June 2008 11:05
Buying car without a blue book(RC Book). Safe? vrooooooom The Indian Car Scene 19 7th May 2008 17:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks