Team-BHP - a diesel car in 4-6lac budget?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Sedans (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/)
-   -   a diesel car in 4-6lac budget? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/33627-diesel-car-4-6lac-budget.html)

i have already checked in the forum i know this kind of topic already exists but has been very old and i hear a lot of new cars coming up this first quater of 2008, so thought a fresh thread would be nice!

mods if this thread is sort of same then please do the needful and merge them!

well i have test driven the swift LDI,
i felt it was as good as (sort of equivalent) my accent viva crdi, i mean performance wise.

then i thought of logan 1.4dci from mahindra logan, need to TD it!

sort of thought of the getz CRDi too but was restricted by the no current ABS option and huge waiting line!, sort of exceeds my budget by 1/2 a lac! and other constraints regarding long term owner ship and *** costs!

then i drove indica turbo but felt i will never adjust to the seating position and ruled it out.

now i need to know what are the latest cars to be launched in this price range, and is the wait worth doing so?

i am keenly looking at swift VDI with ABS, as its got good A.S.S. resale, mileage, decent power and handling, and overall good package with all the goodies like climate control and stuff!

If you are not too keen on Swift and Getz i suggest you wait for Fiat Palio/Punto MJD or the Suzuki Splash DDiS.

Otherwise do take a good look at the Fusion TDCi.

In any case, wait till the Auto Expo!

Quote:

i am keenly looking at swift VDI with ABS, as its got good A.S.S. resale, mileage, decent power and handling, and overall good package with all the goodies like climate control and stuff!
The swift diesel does not come with climate control is what I feel.

Quote:

Suzuki Splash DDiS.
May not be here in the near future atleast with newspaper reports that maruti plan to launch another small car instead of the splash in India.

The skoda fabia website says launch expected in 9 days but you may have to stretch your budget.

go for the swift diesel...it is by far the best car in its range...do go in for the ABS version though...i have driven it and it is really good....

If the Swift and Getz do not attract you then wait for the Palio 1.3 MJTD. Waiting for the Punto might end up being a long wait, and might even exceed your budget.

As you are looking for a lot of goodies such as ABS and climate control, the Skoda Fabia might interest you. Again, it will most probably exceed your budget.

Go for the Swift Diesel. If you can extend the budget a bit go for the Getz Diesel. The CRDI really rocks and is a pleasure to drive.
Logan is really not up there with the others.

swift diesel is a good option.it has all the required components.you up grade the tyres and a good ice would be ok. no FFE,HEADERS etc.maybe a petes box would do at a later stage.
ram

Your best bet would be a Swift Diesel as it is an excellent car with very good resale and service.

BUT are you ready to wait for 4 months ???

Within 6 lacs OTR, you get only 2 diesel cars: Swift and Indica. Since you have ruled out the Indica, Swift is your only option.

The Logan neither offers ABS nor climate control and cheapest diesel(DLE) exceeds your budget by half a lac.

Expected cars:
Seeing the way Maruti are launching cars, they may launch the petrol Splash in second half of 2008, but diesel might be launched a little later(Who knows, might be 2009)

Diesel i10 could be launched???

Indica X1 with Fiat MJD.

Palio with 1.3 MJD (But will they offer ABS???)

okay i just finished seeing the website for the swift ddis and took a closer look this time, there is no climate control for the diesels, but i felt its a overall good package!

actually my dad wanted me to go in for indica turbo diesel but as i already mentioned i am not for the car because of the driver's seating posture it offers!

my cousin has a swift vdi non ABS wants me to go in for the getz crdi but i doubt if it is going to come with an ABS at not at the moment i suppose and if with ABS i think it exceeds my budget by at least 80K, he says the getz engine is more refined and the car has better interiors, fit and finish in comparision, but no i am not keen to spend all that much, it was already hard convincing my dad to forget the idea of indica and with enough difficulty i have pushed him to go for swift diesel!

after buying the car again there is the cost of tyres and alloys upgrade and at least a decent ice setup!

i read recently from the forum there has been many rattling noises and defective gear syncros and clutch plates etc, and some where i read that ecu had trouble too? is this all true? man after reading all that i am praying that doesnt happen to my car atleast, have these been rectified?

so finally say what guys should i put in my bucks for the this car?
should i do the booking with in a week so that i get it asap, you know there is always that waiting for the vdi abs wala car?

rider60 - Go with the Swift, be rest assured there wont be issues, since gear synchros issues are faced by a particular batch only. Also decent damping can prevent rattling all together.

If your budget permits then go for the Getz, but your requirements screem Swift, go fast book one asap, you know Souljah waited around 5 months just for the ABS version.

With your budget and specifications there's only one car........ for now, Swift Diesel. If you can wait, 3-6 months, options would open out. Seeing your posts, maybe you can't wait, Swift D, go for the ABS as many others pointed.

--Ramky

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCEite (Post 671853)
If you are not too keen on Swift and Getz i suggest you wait for Fiat Palio/Punto MJD or the Suzuki Splash DDiS.

Otherwise do take a good look at the Fusion TDCi.

In any case, wait till the Auto Expo!

maruti have categorically ruled out a DDiS engine in the splash for environmental reasons:uncontrol(think i saw that in indian express). they will see the light. soon!

palio punto are bound to be brilliant.

buy the swift D, no regrets there.

the fusion TDCi is going to need some engine mods to keep up with the other diesels.(ford keeps giving us these underpowered cars, dont know why)yeah yeah, I know ROCAM was nice, but their diesels suck

I expect the Swift ZDi with climate control to be launched in the not too distant future. At the moment they are too busy selling the LDi and VDis. However, with the imminent release of the Fabia they will need something to compete a bit higher up. Also, the waiting lists may become smaller fast. Bingo, we should see the Swift ZDi at 6.2 to 6.5L to compete.

Quote:

the fusion TDCi is going to need some engine mods to keep up with the other diesels.(ford keeps giving us these underpowered cars, dont know why)yeah yeah, I know ROCAM was nice, but their diesels suck
I am not pretty sure about that. The Fords diesel engine maybe producing lesser power/torque compared to the competition but when it comes to refinement and NVH the Ford engine is better then even the Swift DDIS