Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 3rd January 2008, 16:35   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Aveo would be better than Accent & Ikon both.

After Sales is not an Issue and GM service in India is quite decent.

Also good discounts available on the Aveo.
Okay. I shall also include Aveo in my list. Your sig. show that you own an Accent, though you are in favour of Aveo. Is it due to Aveo's more contemporary look and more space? Or, are there any other reasons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Just as i mentioned. With an increased budget you get more contemporary cars at your disposal. While at the Aveo, why not look at a Fiesta 1.4 as well?
Budget situation is a bit tight for me at the moment. Anyway, I shall try to have a look at Fiesta also. If there are some price cut due to competition in next few months, that will be great.

Last edited by Zappo : 5th January 2008 at 02:04. Reason: Try and reply at one go rather than in multiple contiguous posts.
crosscap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2008, 17:35   #17
BHPian

I would like to suggest Aveo , Fiesta 1.4 and Getz 1.3 .
Test drive these cars and choose the one that fits your needs.
All the best.
revved_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2008, 18:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

crosscap, i havenot posted any review but you can see other reviews of Aveo's & Optra in the Long Term Ownership Thread, nobody as such has faced any problems.

Aveo is having better space then the Accent, better ride and is VFM for what it offers, interiors are much better then the Accent as well.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2008, 01:07   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
I would like to suggest Aveo , Fiesta 1.4 and Getz 1.3 .
Test drive these cars and choose the one that fits your needs.
All the best.
Hi revved_up, thanks for yur suggestion. Yeah, lately I am also looking at the Getz.

I need one suggestion from the owners and experts : my monthly driving will be around 1000 km. Is it worthwhile to go for diesel? Is the maintenance cost for diesel is higher than petrol? I see lot of people are praising the CRDi engines.
Old 4th January 2008, 11:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it worthwhile to go for diesel? Is the maintenance cost for diesel is higher than petrol? I see lot of people are praising the CRDi engines.
Yes, its worth while going for diesel. Maintenance with the new CRDi engines is not much, almost at petrol car levels.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2008, 11:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscap View Post
Okay. I shall also include Aveo in my list. Your sig. show that you own an Accent, though you are in favour of Aveo. Is it due to Aveo's more contemporary look and more space? Or, are there any other reasons?
Oh No - There are no particular reasons for me suggesting the Aveo over the Accent besides the ' Modern / Ageing Factor '.

Accent is a bit outdated now, nevertheless for that price it is simply the best car money can buy. At 5.3 Lacs OTR in UP - it is a very very good VFM car.

Aveo is more modern and has more features than the Accent as it is only a year old.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2008, 14:25   #22
BHPian

Hi Crosscap, I am from Allahabad.

There is one Baleno available for 5.10 L Ex Showroom in Allahabad with one of the dealer. are you interested?

You can ask me anything about Allahabad since I belong to Allahabad only.
vivek_pinkoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2008, 14:30   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

At 1000 km per months I will not advise a diesel. The best in my opinion will be the Swift ZXi. Accent is almost dead, and as an owner with experience on the Santro, Accent and Swift (my son has one), I will suggest the Swift Petrol any day. You will have change left over for the music system, etc. after getting it. The Alloy 1.3 from Maruti is a treat, as is the car.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2008, 21:58   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_pinkoo View Post
Hi Crosscap, I am from Allahabad.

There is one Baleno available for 5.10 L Ex Showroom in Allahabad with one of the dealer. are you interested?

You can ask me anything about Allahabad since I belong to Allahabad only.
Hi vivek_pinkoo, good to know that you are from Allahabad. Thank you. I haven't yet reached in Allahabad. I am still in Europe. Will be there within a month or so. No, I am not interested in Boleno. This is already discontinued, right? What other models are generally available in Allahabad? How is the road condition now? I was there for 5 years, but 6 years back. If I need any help in buying a car there, I will pm you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
At 1000 km per months I will not advise a diesel. The best in my opinion will be the Swift ZXi. Accent is almost dead, and as an owner with experience on the Santro, Accent and Swift (my son has one), I will suggest the Swift Petrol any day. You will have change left over for the music system, etc. after getting it. The Alloy 1.3 from Maruti is a treat, as is the car.
Hi sgiitk, thanks for your great post. As you have experience with all three cars, I shall keep your advice in mind. Any idea about Getz? Its boot space seems bigger and the 60:40 split of the rear seat seems to be an advantage. However,(probably) it doesn't come with an ABS option. By the way, are you from IITK? It seems so from your userid. I am a scientist. I visit there quite often.

Last edited by Zappo : 5th January 2008 at 02:03. Reason: Reply to everyone at one rather than in parts.
Old 5th January 2008, 02:15   #25
BHPian

Can anybody please explain how OTR price is calculated from the showroom price? What factors are added and what are their percentages? Is there any rule?
Old 5th January 2008, 03:12   #26
Team-BHP Support

OTR mainly has the Registration cost, Lifetime Tax and the Insurance cost added to the showroom price. Of course some other sundry costs (like delivery charges, Temp registration charges etc) get added depending on the state and also the dealer.

There is no common pan-nation formula available to calculate this. Every state (and in some cases even cities in a state) has its charges for each of the component mentioned above. That is why the prices also vary widely across the country. A car that costs you something like 35k to register in a city like Mumbai may cost you around 5k to register in Meghalaya.

So there.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2008, 04:53   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
OTR mainly has the Registration cost, Lifetime Tax and the Insurance cost added to the showroom price. Of course some other sundry costs (like delivery charges, Temp registration charges etc) get added depending on the state and also the dealer.

There is no common pan-nation formula available to calculate this. Every state (and in some cases even cities in a state) has its charges for each of the component mentioned above. That is why the prices also vary widely across the country. A car that costs you something like 35k to register in a city like Mumbai may cost you around 5k to register in Meghalaya.

So there.
Hi Zappo, thank you. Very helpful post for me. So the main part is the registration? I am just trying to guess whether an ex-showroom price like 5.2L would lead to a 6L OTR in big cities. If that's the case then it would be more or less similar in Alld.
Old 5th January 2008, 14:12   #28
BHPian

Quote:
No, I am not interested in Boleno.
May I ask why. Are you interested in comfort functionality and VFM product or what? Any car can be discontinued but main thing is that company will provide service for next 10 years after stopping the production. So no issue on *** part. I have mentioned Baleno because first it is better option than all other car in question and second it is still available in Allahabad being a small place. I thing rather going into this detail you should still Consider Baleno.

Quote:
If I need any help in buying a car there, I will pm you.
No problem. Any time
vivek_pinkoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2008, 13:11   #29
BHPian

Quote:
May I ask why. Are you interested in comfort functionality and VFM product or what? Any car can be discontinued but main thing is that company will provide service for next 10 years after stopping the production. So no issue on *** part. I have mentioned Baleno because first it is better option than all other car in question and second it is still available in Allahabad being a small place. I thing rather going into this detail you should still Consider Baleno.
Well, I am interested in a new model. I know Baleno is a hassle-free car. However, if in that price range if there is a new model available which will not be discontinued in next 4-5 years, I prefer to go for that. Anyway, if that Baleno is still there when I reach in Allahabad, I shall give it a try.

Quote:
No problem. Any time
Thank you.
Old 11th January 2008, 20:09   #30
BHPian

After the launch of Nano, I have become a fan of Tata . I know from the posts in this forum that sometime Tata delaers create some problems. I would like to consider the new Indica and Indica CS for my purchase.

Can somebody give some advice on the maintenance of the Tata car? Let me be more specific : Have most of the Indica owners in this forum, replaced some parts after a 10-20K km of driving? How was the after sales service?