Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 28th April 2008, 01:29   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscap View Post
Tomorrow the sales agent will come with those numbers and in return I shall hand over the draft. If some problem turns up, I shall get back the full refund: the sales manager promised.
Going by your previous experience, can you get this in written form from them?? Would help immensely if there is a repeat problem.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 11:56   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Going by your previous experience, can you get this in written form from them?? Would help immensely if there is a repeat problem.
Okay, I will do that. I shall call the agent in the afternoon to find whether they are telling lie this time also.
crosscap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2008, 18:15   #93
BHPian

Smile Good News

I was out of town for few days last weekend. The local Tata dealer in Allahabad promised me that they will give me the engine and chassis numbers on Monday last. I promised them to hand over the DD only after they give me in writing that this money will be refundable in case something goes wrong. I called the sales agent on Monday only to find that they still do not have it. They said the area sales manager at Lucknow is personally following up my case. Once they get any news from him, they will immediately let me know. That fellow was so ashamed that he didn't even raise the question of getting the DD from me. Being frustrated, I called up another person in the dealer's office. This time I got the shocking news : the sales manager got transferred to Lucknow. I was totally upset since all along he was fully aware of this deal. The person sitting next to the sales manager was polite and promised me full support so that I will never feel the absence of the sales manager.

At this point, I was very upset and frustrated . I thought that before I wask for the refund from the dealer, I must tell the authorities in Tata motors about this development. I called the 1-800 toll-free number. The lady on the other side of the phone told me that Allahabad is out of their jurisdiction. I must contact the Lucknow regional office. She gave me Lucknow's number. I immediately called up that number. This time a polite guy picked up the phone. I started telling him my story. He was listening carefully and was asking some crucial questions. I was impressed. Somehow his voice seems to be familiar to me. He promised me that he will personally look into this matter and will tell the dealer to take the necessary action. At this point, I asked him his name. He told his name and Bingo!!!! It's the area sales manager himself from Lucknow! Now if you have read my earlier experience, you will remember that this fellow along with the sales manager and his team personally came to my home to promote Fiat Palio and Indigo CS. I immediately gave that reference. He was honest. He also recognized me. Then I narrated the rest of the story what the dealer told me at the end : my file is actually with him; there is some problem putting the money from the dealer to Tata Motors(this part I didn't understand). Moreover, I also told him that my DD is ready, the bank has sanctioned the loan and I am incurring interest. So it's there duty to make up for that interest through some decent offer. He was apologetic and promised me to look after that once the car reaches Allahabad. He promised me that he will definitely call me on May 1st with some definite news about my car.

Today being May 1st, I was eagerly waiting for his call. Around 1 PM, when I was having lunch, he called me. He said that they have arranged for the money after the car with that particular colour is available. The car will reach within 8-10 days in Allahabad. To be sure, I asked him about the chassis and engine numbers. He said it takes some time to get these numbers. Once he gets hold of this piece of information, he will let me know at once.

I think, now I can relax. Throughout the whole process, I found, they never behaved in a rude way with me, though I bashed them a lot; the area sales manager was also not spared. I know it's there salesmanship. Somehow, I felt they are honest, so I trusted them, though they lied once or twice. When I asked him why there was so much delay, whether it's monetary problem etc., he said that the top end petrol model with scarlet red was not available at that time. I don't know whether they are telling me the truth.

I feel my patience is going to be paid off finally. Many people advised me to close deal, ask for refund and buy some other car. Somehow I fell in love with that car. I thought that I made a decision, so let's stick to it.
Old 2nd May 2008, 02:18   #94
BHPian

Man, Kudos to you for so much patience
Im sure i wudve taken a refund and bought another car and complained to Tata about this.

Guess all that physics relaxes your mind
I pray that you do not have to go through any more trouble and everything just effortlessly falls into place and that you enjoy your car to the fullest.
Xehaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2008, 09:32   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Man, Kudos to you for so much patience
Im sure i wudve taken a refund and bought another car and complained to Tata about this.

Guess all that physics relaxes your mind
I pray that you do not have to go through any more trouble and everything just effortlessly falls into place and that you enjoy your car to the fullest.
Xehaust, thanks for your support. Yes, ding research in physics relaxed me a lot. I had a publication last week .

There is another reason : somehow my subconscious wants a sedan. As my budget was tight than earlier, I could not find a suitable sedan in this range. The only option left was dzire and accent. I could have stretched my budget a little bit if the front part of dzire were somewhat slim. I didn't go for accent as I heard that it's going to be phased out soon.
Old 2nd May 2008, 12:11   #96
BHPian

Smile Got the Chassis Numbers

Hurray! I have got the chassis numbers today

The dealer called me today. Two red Indigo CS GLS had been sent to Allahabad from Tata's Pune factory. Their chassis numbers are :

1. 601631DRZP*****
2. 601631DRZP*****

So it means, they have been manufactured in April, 2008 at Pune. I still do not know how to read the first 6 digits. It carries the information about the model. Any help in this regard is welcome.
Old 11th May 2008, 21:18   #97
Senior - BHPian

crosscap, any updates ?
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 07:40   #98
Senior - BHPian

the first 6 digits are for model code. I guess they stand for Indigo CS GLS
Old 12th May 2008, 21:34   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
crosscap, any updates ?
Today I checked with the dealer. The cars are reaching Lucknow first either by tomorrow or day after. Next, it will be brought here in Allahabad by Friday. Let's see whether they can keep their promise this time.

Quote:
the first 6 digits are for model code. I guess they stand for Indigo CS GLS
Yeah, that's for sure. However, how will you distinguish between GLE and GLS form the first 6 digits? Do you know how to crack it?

Last edited by crosscap : 12th May 2008 at 21:36.
Old 13th May 2008, 06:44   #100
BHPian

Man, it's been a long wait. Pray with all my heart that you get your car and in mint condition too. No more hassles.
Old 13th May 2008, 17:43   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Man, it's been a long wait. Pray with all my heart that you get your car and in mint condition too. No more hassles.
Me too. I am eagerly waiting for their phone call. Thanks Xehaust. Thanks a bunch for your support.
Old 13th May 2008, 19:38   #102
BHPian

Hey, congratulate yourself man, you are the one who has done all the work and the waiting and faced all the problems head on. All i did was just a little moral support
And Greenhorn more so than me.
Old 13th May 2008, 21:04   #103
BHPian

Quote:
And Greenhorn more so than me.
Oh yes! Greenhorn had helped me a lot. Thanks to greenhorn too. I wish I could meet you guys someday.
Old 13th May 2008, 21:21   #104
Senior - BHPian

Just glad to help. You can reserve the thanks until after you get the car. Any ideas about the ICE
Old 13th May 2008, 23:27   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Just glad to help. You can reserve the thanks until after you get the car. Any ideas about the ICE
I am going for a basic HU and speakers from Blaupunkt. The HU will be either Mumbai mp26 or london mp27. The HU should be ipod compatible. I will not go for sub-woofers.

Do you have any suggestion? Should I do it from the dealer or 3rd party? I will only get blaupunkt since it is approved by tata.