Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 14th March 2008, 07:43   #31
BHPian

Default DOES LPG or DIESEL make sense?

Do you people think that putting extra money for DIESEL or LPG option over petrol is worth? Most of us does not go above 100KM a day right? then why a diesel or cng?
MuzzledMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2008, 20:09   #32
v&v
Senior - BHPian

go for indigo cs. TCIC technology is around here for 5 years. All major issues are now over. i too have indigo ls. around 8 months old. quite satisfied for the price to running cost comparison.
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2008, 14:16   #33
BHPian

Wink swift dzire could be an option

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitindangoria View Post
Hi Friends,

I am looking to upgrade to a sedan and my budget is around 5 Lakhs OTR.

Right now only two sedans, Indigo CS and LPG Logan ( yet to be launched ) qualify.

I need to know from you experienced members your views on these two cars. I am looking at lots of space ( which both offer ), high GC, tough build and very good suspension, reliable service and above all, easy maintenance so that even a road side mechanic can help in case of an emergency.
I think every car owner wants all the features mentioned above in his car.
So, I would like to know from current owners of Indigo and Logan their frank views.
Thanks.
Hi Nitin!

Now that Maruti' new sedan Swift Dzire is being launched, why don't you consider that as well. You have mentioned reliable service, easy maintenance as key deciding factors besides space, tough built etc. And i feel that no other indian car manufacturer is as reliable as Maruti in terms of the service and maintenance. Besides the car will be close to your budget. You will just have to stretch a little bit, i guess.
Nakul Kishan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2008, 17:22   #34
BHPian

Hello Nakul,

Yes, Dzire is going to be launched this month and could be an attractive proposition but there are some mixed reviews about it's looks and overall styling.
As you can see from the inputs our members have given me, a few things stand out. They are : avoid buying a used diesel car, Indigo is good and a sedate vehicle but not a 'flyer' ( which means poor highway overtaking power ) etc.
So I will bide my time and wait for some more newer models to come out and then decide. Please keep me posted as and when you come across a VFM car.
nitindangoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 22:58   #35
BHPian

nitin,

are you still waiting ?
bullboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 12:43   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Indigo CS Petrol doesnt makes any sense to me. A 1.2 litre 65 bhp engine pulling a 1 tonnne + seda puts me off. CS diesel would be your best bet.
Yeah I guess this is a pretty old thread but I thought I would put my thoughts. May be some one gets benefited.

I own a Indigo CS GLS (Petrol). Initially I faced this problem of 65BHP engine pulling a over a tonne car. Guess what I was going with the air pressure recommended in the booklet, 26psi. Then one day I filled 30psi and eureka... the problem of slow pickup and engine power vanished. There was no difference in ride quality also. Indigo CS is real VFM vehicle. I get a consistent 13-14 in city drive in Bangalore with 75% AC on. I guess thats decent. On highways I have driven at 130-135 for long stretches without a problem.

I guess I love my car a lot
ambujlal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 08:13   #37
BHPian

I hate to admit that I'm still waiting for the ultimate VFM sedan to be launched within my budget.
Logan LPG was never launched, CS did not have the MJD which I desired. Hopefully, the new Indigo Vista should be a clincher but our member friends say it's launch has now been postponed to Sept/Oct.
My agony continues....
nitindangoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 10:02   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitindangoria View Post
I hate to admit that I'm still waiting for the ultimate VFM sedan to be launched within my budget.
Logan LPG was never launched, CS did not have the MJD which I desired. Hopefully, the new Indigo Vista should be a clincher but our member friends say it's launch has now been postponed to Sept/Oct.
My agony continues....

Ahhh sorry for my dumb question. what is MJD
Old 21st April 2009, 12:54   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
Ahhh sorry for my dumb question. what is MJD

It stands for Multi Jet Diesel, or the new Quadrajet that power the
1) Linea
2) Indica Vista
3) Grande Punto
and the new
4) All new Indigo Vista.
5) Fiat Palio
6) Maruti Swift.

To say thats the best of Diesel engines we Indians presently have in our hatchbacks.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 14:33   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
It stands for Multi Jet Diesel, or the new Quadrajet that power the
=======
To say thats the best of Diesel engines we Indians presently have in our hatchbacks.
Thanks Pavan. That was informative!
Old 18th October 2009, 19:04   #41
BHPian

The new Indigo coined 'Manza' is launched finally. I hope you have waited for it. Six months wait is more than worth for this VFM product.
HIGHNOON is offline   Reply With Quote