Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2008, 09:35   #106
BHPian
 
Bimster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 112
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Corolla,if you can get hold of one,for sure is a better choice than all other cars that are mentioned here.
Bimster is offline  
Old 27th March 2008, 19:30   #107
BHPian
 
drkunaldas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Noida
Posts: 137
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Discounts in Delhi for HE- corolla
Dealer Disc = Rs 62,000/-
Insurance disc = Rs 3000/-
Finance disc = 4% (Rs 31,000 on 8 lacs finance)
his deal seems to be good
drkunaldas is offline  
Old 27th March 2008, 20:54   #108
BHPian
 
sj_koova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 600
Thanked: 149 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimster View Post
Corolla,if you can get hold of one,for sure is a better choice than all other cars that are mentioned here.
I would not agree with you on this statement. May be better choice it terms of brand. See this link Indiacar.com - Shoot out By TopGear Tata Indica Xeta, Hyundai Elantra, Toyota Corolla (H1)
This comparison is pretty old but still holds good and true.
I have driven at least 8 cars in this segment and I wasn't very impressed with Corolla.
However it is Inder's choice and so we hope he gets lucky with his decision

Inder,
How are things?
sj_koova is offline  
Old 27th March 2008, 22:03   #109
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,457
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_doctor View Post
but then the verna would score over the verna on mileage grounds.
Maybe you are comparing uphill journeys with downhill ones.
carboy is offline  
Old 27th March 2008, 22:25   #110
BHPian
 
inder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: nagpur
Posts: 284
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
I would not agree with you on this statement. May be better choice it terms of brand. See this link Indiacar.com - Shoot out By TopGear Tata Indica Xeta, Hyundai Elantra, Toyota Corolla (H1)
This comparison is pretty old but still holds good and true.
nice comparison,but does not hold true today as elantra has vanished from the scene,and toyota has reduced the prices of corolla,which makes it attractive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
I have driven at least 8 cars in this segment and I wasn't very impressed with Corolla.
However it is Inder's choice and so we hope he gets lucky with his decision

Inder,
How are things?
silver colour has reached the showroom.will get update on the champagne colour tommorow.if waiting is too long,then will opt for silver

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th March 2008 at 22:57. Reason: Please try to use Capital letters and put spaces after punctuation marks to ease readability. Thanks.
inder is offline  
Old 27th March 2008, 23:03   #111
BHPian
 
sj_koova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 600
Thanked: 149 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
nice comparison,but does not hold true today as elantra has vanished from the scene,and toyota has reduced the prices of corolla,which makes it attractive
Yes the price cut is really attractive. By the way I have booked a Cedia sports. Hoping to have the car in hand by 4th April. Did not consider Corolla as my experience was not that good. If I had not driven Corolla earlier, it would have been my choice too . I would not say corolla is a great car but certainly Toyota is one brand you can put your trust on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
silver colour has reached the showroom.will get update on the champagne colour tommorow.if waiting is too long,then will opt for silver
Thats nice. And at last your wait is being paid off.
sj_koova is offline  
Old 31st March 2008, 19:00   #112
BHPian
 
inder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: nagpur
Posts: 284
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Finally the wait seems to be over.Got a call from the dealer that champagne mica has left from bangalooru to nagpur.Will reach tommorow evening or wednesday morning.Two corollas HE champagne mica are coming,so I get to choose any one.
Can anyone suggest which MP3 HU should I get.I searched the ice section,but got confused.My budget is upto 6-8k for HU.
inder is offline  
Old 31st March 2008, 19:16   #113
BHPian
 
whatcanthisbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: http://www.wandering-online.com
Posts: 501
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Finally the wait seems to be over.Got a call from the dealer that champagne mica has left from bangalooru to nagpur.Will reach tommorow evening or wednesday morning.Two corollas HE champagne mica are coming,so I get to choose any one.
Can anyone suggest which MP3 HU should I get.I searched the ice section,but got confused.My budget is upto 6-8k for HU.
pioneer 5050 - grey 6400 in delhi
ipod / usb / mp3
IMP best bang for the buck currently
whatcanthisbe is offline  
Old 5th April 2008, 10:13   #114
BHPian
 
inder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: nagpur
Posts: 284
Thanked: 33 Times
Default took delivery

Guys finally I have bought home the Toyota corolla.cheers:It feels so powerful and effortless.Maybe because I am used to a santro.The service guy mentioned there is no run in period as such.Any comments from you guys?? Also if there is none,is there any precaution to take for the first n ?? km and what sort of precaution should it be???
inder is offline  
Old 5th April 2008, 18:12   #115
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2,175
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

No precautions necessary. However, get used to the fact that it accelerates fast (absolutely and relatively compared with the Santro) and you may be quickly kissing the rear of a slow moving car. This is only for a day or two.
vasudeva is offline  
Old 5th April 2008, 18:16   #116
BHPian
 
Xehaust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 845
Thanked: 74 Times
Default

No run in period??? i dint know that Indian cars were sold already run in.

(The only cars ive heard are sports cars wherein the company sells them already run in - case in point - Nissan & Ferrari)
Xehaust is offline  
Old 5th April 2008, 19:03   #117
BHPian
 
susan3004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kapurthala
Posts: 345
Thanked: 120 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Guys finally I have bought home the Toyota corolla.cheers:It feels so powerful and effortless.Maybe because I am used to a santro.The service guy mentioned there is no run in period as such.Any comments from you guys?? Also if there is none,is there any precaution to take for the first n ?? km and what sort of precaution should it be???
Congrats!
That is the car you had to buy and believe me you will love it, in city and on highways, especially roads radiating out of Nagpur.

There is no run in period for that car. Just take it out of the showroom and you are ready to rock.
susan3004 is offline  
Old 7th April 2008, 14:43   #118
BHPian
 
sj_koova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 600
Thanked: 149 Times
Default

Hey..congrats Inder
Wish you Happy and safe ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Guys finally I have bought home the Toyota corolla.cheers:It feels so powerful and effortless.Maybe because I am used to a santro.The service guy mentioned there is no run in period as such.Any comments from you guys?? Also if there is none,is there any precaution to take for the first n ?? km and what sort of precaution should it be???
sj_koova is offline  
Old 7th April 2008, 17:38   #119
BHPian
 
inder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: nagpur
Posts: 284
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Thanks guys.No run in as all of you said.Still after reading the manual carefully it says no hard braking or acceleration till first 300km which is no big deal.
I have a problem changing gears.I have got used to santro's gear shift time and accelerator pressure.Hence it becomes difficult to put it in 4th gear,because there is still so much power left.In santro i used to put 4th at 40,but the corresponding feeling I get at 50-55 in corolla. Should I put it in 4th at 40???
Also I am not able to find mud flaps and trunk matting for corolla in nagpur,the dealer din't provide me ,rather he is charging 2100 extra for it,whereas I have heard it is available for around 400 in metros.If anyone from bangalore or hyderabad can help me in this,it would be very helpful.
inder is offline  
Old 7th April 2008, 20:23   #120
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Technocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mid West
Posts: 14,900
Thanked: 2,490 Times
Exclamation Thread Closed

Congrats for you new Car.

Please post a initial review in the Ownership Review section & you can also post your queries there or in an existing Corolla thread.

Thread Closed
Technocrat is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
To buy or not to buy a T Jet+. NOW BOUGHT. sandeepmohan Sedans 160 1st January 2012 21:47
Getz your CRDi @ Rs 5.09 lacs ex-showroom Delhi (EDIT @Rs 4.99 lacs ex-sh Chennai) sidindica The Indian Car Scene 206 17th October 2010 19:48
Safari Common Rail Engine Launch? EDIT 010805 Now driven. Edit 190805 Now BOUGHT!!! Steeroid The Indian Car Scene 277 13th July 2009 23:14
Budget 5 lacs for used car. Edit: Hyundai Elantra CRDi, now bought! maverick030581 Sedans 13 9th February 2009 00:14
EDIT: NOW LAUNCHED :Coming up next : Fusion 1.4 Diesel at 6.49 lacs ex-showroom Delhi navdeep The Indian Car Scene 224 10th October 2007 19:44


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:42.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks