Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

View Poll Results: Which has a better driving experience especially above 120 kmph+ and on Bad roads..
Hyundai Accent CRDi 2 4.44%
Mahindra Scorpio 2.2 mHawk 2 4.44%
Tata Safari 2.2 Dicor 18 40.00%
Mahindra Logan 3 6.67%
Ford Fiesta 1.4TDCi 8 17.78%
Hyundai Elantra CRDi.. 12 26.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21st February 2008, 23:13   #91
Team-BHP Support

i think you will like the performance of the getz. It will push yot back into your seat. How about a tata tl or a xenon for the dirty work.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2008, 23:23   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
*** is After Sales Service - somehow it does not appear!!
A.S.S appears. Since ***s is not a word to be posted it gets automatically censored when posting.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2008, 23:57   #93
BHPian

have never driven the getz but been a passenger in the car and it sure as hell impressed me. dont be fooled by the compact size, its got amazing performance with lots of power.
ishotmydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2008, 08:29   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
How about a tata tl or a xenon for the dirty work.
Whats that ? pls elaborate
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2008, 10:09   #95
Team-BHP Support

both are double cab pick ups. Search on tbhp and youll get enough info.
Old 22nd February 2008, 12:56   #96
Senior - BHPian

just read about the tata tl and the xenon..they still have the same 3.0 dicor engines..will try a TD soon..
Old 2nd March 2008, 17:26   #97
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys, Checked out the 2.2 VTT today. The engine was pretty silent by tata standards.. The NVH was great. Good insulation.

Starting the car, it settles into a good idle and we take off. Power delivery is linear but the car does not surge ahead. Gear shift pretty tata like just like the old safaris longish throws..brakes good but body dive present. Couldnt push for speed as had a very very short TD. Hence requested for a 30km ish TD to decide. Atttractive price though

What really shocked was the quality of the PS - the irritating whine present in my 02 Indica and my 04 Indigo stays in the 08 safari. A definite PS failure at 10K+ kms going by previous record.

The vehicle also had 2 trip meters, but not DTE etc and no FE online monitoring. But is a DOHC 16V engine which means it should be rev happy.

Will post more after a detailed TD.
Old 7th March 2008, 14:27   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Whoa, vikram, did not know that you were looking out for a new car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234
How about a tata tl or a xenon for the dirty work.
What I also had in mind. But then, while it is all butch, has road presence and would do the part of carrying stuff around, I am not sure it would meet the need-for-speed that our offroader has.

For that matter, from my experience on the highways, neither can the Safari or Scorpio give you that, as many pointed out correctly. More so because you know the hi-speed fun that a capable sedan provides. Ofcourse, add stability to the picture and these do not remain in the race IMO.

I would think the Swift VDi or ZDi (if that is available - given your speeds, airbags are a must) seems the best bet. Good handling, lovely mileage, good fun (especially if Peted) and cheap on the pocket, and its a Fiat engine which you prefer.

But then, where will you keep that barrel of oil ?
Well, just remove the rear seat and dump it in that auto-parts room of yours, and you have a luggage compartment ready.

Or, if you need to keep the rear seat, wait for the Dzire (Swift with a boot) and check out the boot space. ram_hyundai could give more details.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 7th March 2008 at 14:29.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2008, 10:31   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Whoa, vikram, did not know that you were looking out for a new car.

What I also had in mind. But then, while it is all butch, has road presence and would do the part of carrying stuff around, I am not sure it would meet the need-for-speed that our offroader has.

For that matter, from my experience on the highways, neither can the Safari or Scorpio give you that, as many pointed out correctly. More so because you know the hi-speed fun that a capable sedan provides. Ofcourse, add stability to the picture and these do not remain in the race IMO.
Hey SB,

Well..thats exactly the problem..my current car cruises comfortably at 140 - 160 and still returns 17 kpl..I'm unable to find a proper replacement that gives me as much fun on the road especially when it comes to accelaration.

The Swift D is a good bet but i doubt it would give me or my family the comfort of a sedan..It is a good vehicle for the track because of the hard suspension!

Maybe the Toyota will come with a Diesel Sedan in 09 and will grab that..Until then Hyundai your way to glory!
Old 10th March 2008, 13:05   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers
Well..thats exactly the problem..my current car cruises comfortably at 140 - 160 and still returns 17 kpl..I'm unable to find a proper replacement that gives me as much fun on the road especially when it comes to accelaration.
This reminds me of something I forgot to ask in my previous post. Why do you need a replacement at all ?

I mean, your car is only 49K kms old (not sure of age, but maybe 3-4 years old), thrills you with acceleration and top speeds. To top it all, it also gives an FE that is awesome, more so due to diesel being cheaper. Why would you need to look at another car then ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers
Until then Hyundai your way to glory!
Yes, looks like the best bet for you, in the current scenario.
Old 10th March 2008, 15:27   #101
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
This reminds me of something I forgot to ask in my previous post. Why do you need a replacement at all ?

I mean, your car is only 49K kms old (not sure of age, but maybe 3-4 years old), thrills you with acceleration and top speeds. To top it all, it also gives an FE that is awesome, more so due to diesel being cheaper. Why would you need to look at another car then ?

makes sense.. just pete it.
Old 10th March 2008, 18:57   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234
just pete it.
Actually a nice idea, but I think vikram mentioned somewhere that he prefers to keep his car stock, while all mods go on the other car (actually Jeep/Gypsy).

BTW, looks like you came up with an innovative tag line for Petes
Just Pete it
Old 11th March 2008, 00:18   #103
Senior - BHPian

Vikram - What do I have to do to get you to TD the Getz?? Send Nitrous to sit on you kya??
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2008, 08:22   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Vikram - What do I have to do to get you to TD the Getz?? Send Nitrous to sit on you kya??
LOL.. will do the TD soon. havent found the time honestly!

Imagine Nitrous sitting on anyone - spare me
Old 11th March 2008, 09:11   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Not sure any dealer has got the guts to give his car to vikram for a test drive to see if there is enough juice after 140kmph & also to carry a barrel of oil.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote