Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 13th February 2008, 23:21   #1

Default fiesta 1.4 zxi or 1.6 sxi

need some help!!
i have finally zeroed on the fiesta 1.4 zxi petrol after much research.
it was just like love at first sight and did not even care to test drive other cars.i am totally convinced that she is the one for me(i damn care about honda city`s and aveo`s of the world)...no offence meant...just that i am so much in love with her.
guys would you please help me decide which version should i go in for :-the 1.4 petrol zxi or the the 1.6 sxi.
i dont se much value in the leather upholstery,leather wrapped steering and the 6 cd changer.

however what i would like to have is the ABS....I think that maybe....someday this might save me from from..you know what

coming to specific queries:-

1.i dont do much of highway...is the ABS,THEN REALY WORTH IT.

2.what is the differnce in the FE between the 1.4 and the 1.6..i do a 50-60 kms each day.

would appreciate your inputs!!
Escape_Velocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 23:27   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Hold on!

Check the new thread about Ford's new ideas!
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2008, 09:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

Yes! Hold on. Something terribly attractive should be on its way. I guess the pricing would change. And maybe you could have the S[e]xi at a very close price as the zxi. If that price comes down by a few thousands and if you can afford that please do go for the sxi. The 1.6 engine is real fun to drive. And i'm sur eyou would love the feature full sxi once you start driving it.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2008, 11:12   #4
BHPian

I heard from the dealer that they have increased prices from Feb. They have done it for the Endeavour but am not sure about Fiesta.
joshdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2008, 12:11   #5
BHPian

I have a fiesta 1.4 ZXI petrol and if you want to mainly drive inside the city, I'd advise you to go for 1.4...The mileage is 1-2 Kmpl better in the city and performancewise also really you'll not feel much diff unless you want to race the car.

Even in the highways with five people and AC on, I never felt any great loss of power even in the 5th gear...

However no doubt that 1.6 is more powerful but thats needed only when you want
to race always.
srinivasr79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2008, 12:26   #6
Senior - BHPian

I have an sxi and would vouch for it. The mileage is only 1 km less than a 1.4 in city driving, but on highways, you may get 3 kms more on a 1.4.
You will never feel underpowered in a 1.6. Floor the pedal and you will find 'Men are back' only at your back.Someone from Hyd in this forum posted an issue with the 1.4's pickup while crossing big humps. Search for it.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2008, 12:28   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape_Velocity View Post
1.i dont do much of highway...is the ABS,THEN REALY WORTH IT.

ABS is useful on both highways & in city. It is a basic safety feature in a car, don't even think about avoiding it.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2008, 12:31   #8
Team-BHP Support

If you have the money, would defintiely recommend the 1.6. Take a look at this thread, should give you an idea of Ford's plans with the Fiesta. Driver side airbags coming as standard now.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-zxi-more.html (Ford India introduces new Fiesta line-up with ABS, DRIVER AIRBAG, 1.6 ZXI and more)
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2008, 12:40   #9
Senior - BHPian

Highways have not much to do with the ABS. If you can afford it, it is definitely worth the money.
vasudeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2008, 12:49   #10

Default new fiesta 1.6 on its way

thanks all!! your inputs really helped.
just checked with the dealer(harpreet ford gurgoan)
ford fiesta would be coming in two versions:1.6 sxi and 1.6 zxi(they are going to phase out the 1.4 zxi)

the 1.6 sxi would now come with the driver seat airbag and chrome on the side moulding and the integrated indicators on the side view mirrors(like they had in the fida edition)apart from the other features like the leather upholstery,leather wrapped steering and 6 cd changer that it already has.

the 1.6 zxi would be sans the fog lamps and the ABS.it would have the features of the 1.4 zxi minus fog lamps.

the dealer tells me that the 1.6 sxi would be priced at approx 6.95(ex showroom delhi).

think that this is good price...say what!!
Old 14th February 2008, 13:16   #11
Senior - BHPian

the only thing would be that they might not offer any discounts. But i guess its still good enough being FULLY LOADED
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2008, 15:39   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks all!! your inputs really helped.
just checked with the dealer(harpreet ford gurgoan)
ford fiesta would be coming in two versions:1.6 sxi and 1.6 zxi(they are going to phase out the 1.4 zxi)

the 1.6 sxi would now come with the driver seat airbag and chrome on the side moulding and the integrated indicators on the side view mirrors(like they had in the fida edition)apart from the other features like the leather upholstery,leather wrapped steering and 6 cd changer that it already has.

the 1.6 zxi would be sans the fog lamps and the ABS.it would have the features of the 1.4 zxi minus fog lamps.

the dealer tells me that the 1.6 sxi would be priced at approx 6.95(ex showroom delhi).

think that this is good price...say what!!
I got mine at Hyd for a showroom price of 7.27 lacs. Looks like the price has fallen. But I'm not sure if Delhi prices were anyways lower than Hyd.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2008, 16:05   #13
BHPian

If mileage is not the issue certainly go for the 1.6 SXi. Ford typically hikes its prices in the month of January and maintains the same through the year until the next price hike..lol..!
nevertheless, it is one gem of a car to drive.
dhaval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2008, 16:13   #14

can you please update me on what is the milege that you get in city driving,with the airon

Mod Edit: u pls is not the kind of language accepted here, corrected
Old 14th February 2008, 16:35   #15
BHPian

Quote:
can you please update me on what is the milege that you get in city driving,with the airon
Never really bothered to check the mileage within the city driving conditions, although the aircon is always on . But on highways it returned a decent figure of around 13.5-14kmpl.
dhaval is offline   Reply With Quote