Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 8th March 2008, 12:53   #16
Senior - BHPian

Between your couple of choices, the verna scores over many issues like A**, Spares, Gear Box, low maintenance cost etc.

But for your running, I would suggest you to look into the diesels. With Swift Dzire coming in, you will have the option of ABS+Airbags+climate control etc plus its diesel. Yes, i'am talking about Swift Dzire ZDi.

Take TD of all the vehicles you have shortlisted and then decide. Do update us on your buy. We would be glad to know.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008, 15:37   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Between your couple of choices, the verna scores over many issues like A**, Spares, Gear Box, low maintenance cost etc.

But for your running, I would suggest you to look into the diesels. With Swift Dzire coming in, you will have the option of ABS+Airbags+climate control etc plus its diesel. Yes, i'am talking about Swift Dzire ZDi.

Take TD of all the vehicles you have shortlisted and then decide. Do update us on your buy. We would be glad to know.
I second this buddie.But this if you got enough time to wait for the dzire.Else verna is a better option.

ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008, 15:44   #18
Team-BHP Support

My opinion:

1- If you can wait, just have a look at the Swift Dzire thats due ot be launched. A zdi will be in your budget and will give you all that you want.

2- If you cant wait, at least consider the SX4.

3- Else, buy a Verna.

The only reason I am limiting to a Maruti / Hyundai is that they will provide a relatively better A.S.S. experience than a GM would. GM is still to get its act together in India with its flip flop over pricing and discounts n all.

Edit: Even if it comes at a premium of 50k, the City will also be a good map to your requirements. But its due to be replaced by the new model around Diwali.

Last edited by Eddy : 8th March 2008 at 15:45.
Eddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008, 15:56   #19
BHPian

since you are keen on buying either the aveo or the verna only, IMO the verna is the better option.
ishotmydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008, 16:41   #20
BHPian

I test drove SX4, Verna & Aveo and felt Aveo to be best of the lot. Test drive both the cars and I am sure you will like Aveo.
Car-Agey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008, 20:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

Aveo has better interiors than the sx4 or the verna-subjective though.Some people like the verna interiors also.Else verna is a better option than aveo and sx4 is better than the verna as its a bigger car with bigger everything,lol.
ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008, 21:20   #22
BHPian

after sales service depends on city and dealer to an extent. I own aveo gearshift is not concern as it has been worked upon to an extent. mileage will be competitive to verna. handling better then verna. interiors better then verna. Yeah getting power in a sudden is not good as verna that is for sure.

cost of ownership will be better if you opt for service package. but still fellow bhpians prefer verna. however i have driven verna once so cant comment on verna with much confidence. hope this helps you.
kamy450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2008, 00:02   #23
aks316

hi, if you live in delhi then gm sevice isnt bad its quite good and if i were you i will prefer the chevrolet aveo over sx4 and verna.. i know lot of people will say
sx4 or verna is better than aveo but i think as a overall
package aveo is on par with verna and sx4 if not better..
aveo is the best looking car and has the best interiors in
the c segment.. the only reason you dont see much aveos
on the road is because it doesnt come in diesel and people
have a perception that gm cars have high maintenance but
it isnt so now and it comes with 3yr/100000km warranty.. gm has inproved the gearshift and the
throttle response of the car so its better now and after
sales service is quite good and if you adjust the seat
properly your knee wont hit the console.. it has more
space than sx4 and on par with verna and driving pleasure
and performance is good its on par with verna and
sx4 if not better whereas aveos handling is better than verna.. the only cars with better performance are verna crdi, fiesta1.6 and city vtec.. so according to me aveo
is a very good well built car which you wont regret..
Old 9th March 2008, 01:43   #24
BHPian

GM is not as bad as it is projected to be, more so around NCR where there are five dealers in total.

Yet keeping your requirements in mind, i would suggest you ceck out both the Sx4-Zxi and the Honda City before you make the decision.
girishg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2008, 08:14   #25
BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks316 View Post
hi, if you live in delhi then gm sevice isnt bad its quite good and if i were you i will prefer the chevrolet aveo over sx4 and verna.. i know lot of people will say
sx4 or verna is better than aveo but i think as a overall
package aveo is on par with verna and sx4 if not better..
aveo is the best looking car and has the best interiors in
the c segment.. the only reason you dont see much aveos
on the road is because it doesnt come in diesel and people
have a perception that gm cars have high maintenance but
it isnt so now and it comes with 3yr/100000km warranty.. gm has inproved the gearshift and the
throttle response of the car so its better now and after
sales service is quite good and if you adjust the seat
properly your knee wont hit the console.. it has more
space than sx4 and on par with verna and driving pleasure
and performance is good its on par with verna and
sx4 if not better whereas aveos handling is better than verna.. the only cars with better performance are verna crdi, fiesta1.6 and city vtec.. so according to me aveo
is a very good well built car which you wont regret..
Hi, Thanks for the suggestion - lot of things are going in Aveo's favor - definately good looks and premium interiors, a fantastic low maintanence plan. I have test driven 2 different cars for almost 30 KMS. I am ok with the engine response and driving position. The only thing still bothering is the gear - which is not even as good as my 5 year old zen.
Lets see - need to drive verna once again.

Just to add: the response from GM dealers has been fantastic - Hyundai does not seem to bother too much. Seems like they are selling too many I10s and are content with it.
an10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2008, 01:45   #26
aks316

Quote:
Originally Posted by an10 View Post
Hi, Thanks for the suggestion - lot of things are going in Aveo's favor - definately good looks and premium interiors, a fantastic low maintanence plan. I have test driven 2 different cars for almost 30 KMS. I am ok with the engine response and driving position. The only thing still bothering is the gear - which is not even as good as my 5 year old zen.
Lets see - need to drive verna once again.

Just to add: the response from GM dealers has been fantastic - Hyundai does not seem to bother too much. Seems like they are selling too many I10s and are content with it.
hi.. about the gearshift it will get better after some time or you will get use to it and besides every car has negatives and positives.. aveo comes with the chevrolet promise so the maintanence is also quite low.. i think apart from the gearshift there is nothing wrong with the aveo and i think you should go for it you wont regret it.. and about the verna petrol i dont think it has anything special though its a good car but ya verna crdi is awesome.. buy the aveo bro its a very good car..
Old 10th March 2008, 08:13   #27
Senior - BHPian

go for verna, the future of the aveo is not too bright, they have brought in the u-va already and we dont know what next.

you wanted to stay away from the ford for bad A$$ right, well what if the car's future is uncertain? and the spare parts availability then?

go for verna or get a sx4 loaded with the features.
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2008, 11:15   #28
Senior - BHPian

I really like the verna but sadly at that price I'd recommend the Aveo Top End as its features are really good - ABS, Airbags, Alloys, Leather Seats etc etc.

If you are keen on the Verna Petrol then I'd highly recommed o tyou the base model costing around 6.4 OTR ( after discounts ). You can get aftermarket alloys for 20 k or so. Do not go for the high end as it only has Alloys, Climate Control & Music System & ORVM electricaally operated - and you pay over 90k extra.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2008, 12:08   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
the future of the aveo is not too bright, they have brought in the u-va already and we dont know what next.
Really?
Aveo was launched just 2 years back to replace the Corsa series, it is one of the new-gen sedans in the C segment.

And for your kind info, UVA is the hatch version of Aveo!

My vote is for: Aveo 1.6 with ABS & Airbags.
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2008, 12:22   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I really like the verna but sadly at that price I'd recommend the Aveo Top End as its features are really good - ABS, Airbags, Alloys, Leather Seats etc etc.

If you are keen on the Verna Petrol then I'd highly recommed o tyou the base model costing around 6.4 OTR ( after discounts ). You can get aftermarket alloys for 20 k or so. Do not go for the high end as it only has Alloys, Climate Control & Music System & ORVM electricaally operated - and you pay over 90k extra.
I second that view. Aveo 1.6 LT will sure be a good buy, with a good blend of performance, looks and safety features. If you are more of a driving enthusiast, get the verna xxi.
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote