Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread

Old 22nd March 2008, 12:32   #76
Senior - BHPian

March 2005 baleno is available for 2.9 lakhs in kerela.Thats not a huge resale at all.In one year it will go another 50 k more to the south.
i am not saying that baleno isn't a good vehicle.Its a dream car like the OHC.
ram
Old 22nd March 2008, 13:32   #77
Senior - BHPian

The same March 2005 Baleno will set you back atleast by 4 - 4.5 lac's here in bangy.
Old 22nd March 2008, 14:28   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
My Priorities are as follow

I like to drive a lot - 2005 Indica already done 82000 kms on ODO.
I like comfort and like to drive with AC on.

I am more interested in Baleno as then it would be a sedan over a hatch and we already have an hatch. But I know one thing my next car in 2 yrs time would be a Safari.

If I buy Baleno then I sell it when I buy Safari - or if I buy swift VDI, I will sell my indica when I buy Safari.

Please suggest now
kailash, if you plan to keep the car for 5 years, go for the Swift. Like you said, the Safari is coming along in 2 years. Untill then the VDI is more than capable work horse.
Old 22nd March 2008, 17:25   #79
Senior - BHPian

OT-Hey riju ,thats unbelievable.Why not start a trading there for the balenos.I am having 2 of them here.
In 2005 you could have got a new one for 5.25 lakhs.
ram
Old 22nd March 2008, 23:26   #80
Senior - BHPian

not sure about that figure - in the 2005 i was in the market for a baleno and remember popular - cochin offering LXI at over 5.75 on road
and Vxi was a little over 6

took one for a test drive and was totally zapped by the car but finally had to go for a OHC bcos i was not comfortable with the baleno looks..

i dont think there is much difference between KERALA and bLORE resale values - they are almost on par../
Old 23rd March 2008, 09:56   #81
Senior - BHPian

Yes narayan and there was a discount of 50k and then exchange offer ,corporate etc would add another 20k too.I am having a 2005 march baleno at my TV and the car is there for 20 days now.If the price i told was low why is it not been grabed by some one.It has alloys ,mp3 player and is in a wonderfull condition and that too black.
So i feel the resale of baleno has gone down a bit riju if the exchange rates in bangy and kerela is the same.
ram
Old 23rd March 2008, 21:21   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
i dont think there is much difference between KERALA and bLORE resale values - they are almost on par../
Well thats what you think and it ain't so. How long ago was this ? Kerala has been cheaper than bangy anyday for cars (used).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
OT-Hey riju ,thats unbelievable.Why not start a trading there for the balenos.I am having 2 of them here.
Thanks for the offer and I ain't interested .

Dude's narayan and ram , I am re-iterating " its not what you think the prices are " . Instead of sitting where you chaps are come over and do a price check if you cant believe what I said.A decently maintained car will cost you what I have quoted or even more.

I gave up my v-tec hunt and started to lookout for a baleno for my younger bro'. His mind was all set on the v-tec. But with the exorbitant prices quoted and not being able to find a decent v-tec he changed his mind to buying a baleno.

Being in baleno country here in bangy , I thought it would be an easy task to find a well maintained one under 4 lacs. Apparently this is yet to materialize.
Old 23rd March 2008, 22:38   #83
Senior - BHPian

well at the cost of going OT - have done enough car hunting while being down south...

and if u read my post correctly, when i said, used car prices are almost similar in kerala and bangalore, what i meant was cars are as expensive in kerala as they are in blore...
and not the other way as u seem to have interpreted it to be...
Old 24th March 2008, 10:50   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan
not sure about that figure - in the 2005 i was in the market for a baleno and remember popular - cochin offering LXI at over 5.75 on road and Vxi was a little over 6
You are right. Mine is a 2005 Baleno and after all discounts, the Lxi was 5.8 and vxi was 6.4 or something. Prices would have been a wee bit cheaper in Kerala bcos road tax was less there (then - not anymore) compared to TN

I dont know about current Kerala prices, but one thing I know is that prices were not as low a few years ago as Ram mentioned. I remember a time when there were guys who came down to Chennai, bought cars here to sell in Kerala. Which means, used cars were costlier in Kerala than TN. And Blore is costlier than TN.

Kailash, if your Indica is going to do the runarounds, while you keep your car only for your use, Baleno makes sense, especially because you like the comfort, space, boot etc.

But if you are going to do lots of running around (like with the Indica), get the Swift-D.

I personally would take a new car as compared to a used one, even if it means a segment lower (ie. if cash were to be an issue).
Old 25th March 2008, 02:37   #85
BHPian

[quote=rjstyles69;768546]Well thats what you think and it ain't so. How long ago was this ? Kerala has been cheaper than bangy anyday for cars (used).

i agree any where is cheaper than banagalore
the 2nd market is on fire over here
a well maintained 05 baleno can be found for 4 lacs easily
and vtec.....just forget about them

very hard to find and even if you do you'll be shocked by the price
5lac for a 2001-02 car thats insane
Old 25th March 2008, 02:55   #86
BHPian

A comparison of KL, TN and bangy 2nd handcar prices..
Done for a '99 Zen in 2005
Finally bought from KL -dad's

TN Hosur (shady dealer):- 2.0L
TN Chennai (shady dealer) :- 1.75!!!!!!!! Coulld not prove chennai residency. so could not but it
Bangy True value :- 3.0L
Bangy shady dealer :- 2.5
KL True value ;-2.5
KL shady dealer :- 2.0
KL - buy from dad :- 2.0
Old 25th March 2008, 16:24   #87
BHPian

Agree with Riju, Baleno resale in Blr is a bit higher at present 4-4.5 for 2005 models. BTW picked up a VTEC @ 7.5 for a friend, year old car the Insurance expired on the day we cracked the deal in end Jan 08;
Old 25th March 2008, 23:25   #88
BHPian

OK Guys

I have decided which Car I need to buy.

I was torn between Baleno and Swift VDi. Finally I gave in to what my heart said and not the mind. For once I have followed my heart. I have finally decided on the Baleno and have already paid the amount to the guy. Delivery would be on Saturday.

By the way I closed the deal at 3.45lacs finally for the Oct 2006 Baleno.

I should actually thank "BlackPearl" for helping me take this decision. I read his review 40000 kms and felt so pleased. That is one review that I have read which is straight from the heart and after reading his review I had to go where my heart was. I may be sounding very emotional but that is what I felt when I read the review.

I would like to replicate the same kind of luv and affection that he is having for his car. (My baleno is also Black)

Let see when I start the mod thread for her.

Black Pearl - Can you suggest the first mod that I need to get on the baleno when I get her.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 25th March 2008, 23:37   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
OK Guys

By the way I closed the deal at 3.45lacs finally for the Oct 2006 Baleno.
Congrats on the purchase and thats a steal deal compared to the prices here in my town. Should be a BS III aint it ?LXI or VXI ?
Old 25th March 2008, 23:45   #90
BHPian

That's great news kailash!! welcome to the Baleno owners club! You've got yourself a good deal and a great car! happy revving!
Closed Thread