| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|14th March 2008, 18:52||#1|
Join Date: Oct 2006
Thanked: 16 Times
Car @ 12.00 lacs
I am switching jobs and in the new assignment (to be on board by early Apr) I am entitled for a 12.00 lac car. The budget can be stretched, just that I need to pay the balance from my pocket (and the car will be in co's name).
Been trying to identify one from the options below:
1. Corolla - Not in favour as the new one is round the corner, but with no firm launch dates. The date I heard from Nandi Toyota is Sept 2008. Can't wait till then.
2. Octavia Ambiente - Age old design and horror stories of A.S.S in Bangalore. Donít want to stretch till Laura
3. Optra TDi - Donít like the looks. Moreover my office would be 5kms from home and hence does not warrant a diesel car.
4. Civic MT S/V - Head over heels with its looks and is willing to foot the extra bill. Infact wanted to buy one in Dec 2006 (when I bought my NHC VTEC) but refrained as my boss didnít like my idea...!
Thus my current shortlist is Civic. Seek your inputs on below:
1. Is there any options that I have missed out in my above list
2. If Civic, should I opt for S or V - Though I like the fully loaded V, I can get the leather seats & fog lamps done at 40-50K instead of paying 85K to Honda. Also, I am not sure if turn indicators in side mirror is a good idea on Bangalore traffic.
3. I am aware of the low ground clearance issue. With 4/5 passengers up my NHC scrapes a good number of Bangalore's 'Himalayan' speed breakers. I can live with that. Would it be any worse. Existing owners pls comment
4. Whats the typical mileage I can expect
5. Dakshin Honda is offering me 30K discount (2008 model). Anybody aware of higher discount in Bangalore, pls let me know.
|14th March 2008, 18:59||#2|
Join Date: Dec 2006
Thanked: 6,670 Times
the corolla and optra dont make sense since theyre pretty old now. but the octy ambiente only if you want the 150bhp. otherwise the civic is a good choice. its not the stretching for the v. the mt is available in the s. also if you want an suv the grand vitara is there.
|14th March 2008, 19:07||#3|
Distinguished - BHPian
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mid West
Thanked: 2,492 Times
These cars have been discussed extensively before.
Here are a few relevant threads:
CiviC AT or MT
Civic V or S
Skoda Octavia Rider D A/X-Civic A/X-Corolla A/X? Which Auto?
You can Search for More.
You can also look at some of the ownership experiences posted by members here
Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Test Drives
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Need Advice: Diesel Car around 20 lacs - 22 Lacs||Nitrous Power||Luxury, Imports & Niche||27||24th June 2013 11:00|
|Getz your CRDi @ Rs 5.09 lacs ex-showroom Delhi (EDIT @Rs 4.99 lacs ex-sh Chennai)||sidindica||The Indian Car Scene||206||17th October 2010 19:48|