Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2008, 14:24   #1
BHPian
 
ritayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Back in Delhi
Posts: 227
Thanked: 29 Times
Question Merc C220K 2006 Is it a good buy

Guys

I Have found this car with the Merc dealer in delhi. Its a 2006 model done about 30K first owner and with complete service history and 2 months of warenty left. The asking price is 21 Lac. Is it a good buy? Let me know gugs .. I am looking for a Merc only and budget around the 20 range strictly.

Some pics of the car below.

Merc C220K 2006 Is it a good buy-image_021.jpg

Merc C220K 2006 Is it a good buy-image_020.jpg
ritayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2008, 14:32   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,108
Thanked: 87 Times
Default

Price for a 2006 kompressor 30k clocked should be 18/19 lacs
scooby05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2008, 14:48   #3
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: delhi/calgary
Posts: 286
Thanked: Once
Default

Its now a old shape Merc so u should knock out at least 10 more % out of the fair value of the car in my opinion ,if my calculation is right it should be it should be 18.5 lacks for manual transmission and 19.5 for a Auto matic nothing more than that ,since you re int rested for Merc only i would not advice you to buy a passat or Camry but if i were you i would either pay 18.5 -19 for this car or buy a passat/Camry rather than paying 21 L for a used car ,secondly i have seen E classes 2004-5 going in for 25 L + and if i have to spend 20s then i will buy those ,u may not like what i said bro as i know i am sounding little critic in reference to this car but it is the best and honest advice i can offer from my experience
And also remember Merc was giving a 1.5 to 2 lacks discount while clearing the stock for this car that brings the ex showroom price to less than 25 now paying 21 for it after two years what did u saved ????

What u re loosing on is warranty in next 2 years 3-4 repairs will cost you equivalent to a new car you can see what Merc repairs cost on this forum only
rubin2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 21st March 2008, 14:52   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,845
Thanked: 375 Times
Default

Is it a manual or an auto ?? 30000 kms in a year seems like a fair bit of mileage. The car looks in good shape though.

Consider this - new car (manual) 25 + Road Tax + Delhi Regn + Insurance = Approx 27 on road

Automatics are another 1.6 Lacs + + + +

Work it out & see if it's worth it. Should be if you intend to keep it for 3-5 years atleast.


Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2008, 14:59   #5
BHPian
 
ritayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Back in Delhi
Posts: 227
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubin2006 View Post
Its now a old shape Merc so u should knock out at least 10 more % out of the fair value of the car in my opinion ,if my calculation is right it should be it should be 18.5 lacks for manual transmission and 19.5 for a Auto matic nothing more than that ,since you re int rested for Merc only i would not advice you to buy a passat or Camry but if i were you i would either pay 18.5 -19 for this car or buy a passat/Camry rather than paying 21 L for a used car ,secondly i have seen E classes 2004-5 going in for 25 L + and if i have to spend 20s then i will buy those ,u may not like what i said bro as i know i am sounding little critic in reference to this car but it is the best and honest advice i can offer from my experience
And also remember Merc was giving a 1.5 to 2 lacks discount while clearing the stock for this car that brings the ex showroom price to less than 25 now paying 21 for it after two years what did u saved ????

What u re loosing on is warranty in next 2 years 3-4 repairs will cost you equivalent to a new car you can see what Merc repairs cost on this forum only
Rubin thanks for the advice, this car is an auto, I know about the high service cost but than this is for my dad and He wants a merc only. I have seen a few E class 2002 models for 22L done 21K only. But then somehow this car apealed to me more. I would have preffered a A4 or Passat but Dad is Merc or no car and only from a authorised dealer. Do you think a deal for 19 if possiable be a fair deal.
ritayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2008, 15:05   #6
BHPian
 
ritayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Back in Delhi
Posts: 227
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Is it a manual or an auto ?? 30000 kms in a year seems like a fair bit of mileage. The car looks in good shape though.

Consider this - new car (manual) 25 + Road Tax + Delhi Regn + Insurance = Approx 27 on road

Automatics are another 1.6 Lacs + + + +

Work it out & see if it's worth it. Should be if you intend to keep it for 3-5 years atleast.


Cheers
The car is an auto and 30 k is ok i guess, my daily drive is also a 06 Mar car and has covered 29K till date. The car should be with us for about 3 years atleast.
ritayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2008, 15:13   #7
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: delhi/calgary
Posts: 286
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritayan View Post
Rubin thanks for the advice, this car is an auto, I know about the high service cost but than this is for my dad and He wants a merc only. I have seen a few E class 2002 models for 22L done 21K only. But then somehow this car apealed to me more. I would have preffered a A4 or Passat but Dad is Merc or no car and only from a authorised dealer. Do you think a deal for 19 if possiable be a fair deal.

If it is auto and from auto rised dealer you can offer another 50 K extra
I.e 20 lacs i think it is very- very reasonable offer and he should not refuse it
The car look kewl though no second though at that point but still there is a price for every car and 20 is on the higher End and the dealer should be considering it
rubin2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2008, 19:10   #8
BHPian
 
VIPER_SRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 432
Thanked: 171 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritayan View Post
The car is an auto and 30 k is ok i guess, my daily drive is also a 06 Mar car and has covered 29K till date. The car should be with us for about 3 years atleast.
If you have the option of buying extended warranty from the dealer then go for it. I'm not sure if its offered though. Since the launch of the new C Class you should be getting a better bargain. The value of the car you mentioned from a dealer in delhi is 19,87,800 (checked it from one of the sites) if you buy from an individual its around 1L more. I dont know why! Dont consider 02 models. Models from 2006 and above are better in quality as other members say in TBHP.
VIPER_SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2008, 20:56   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
ram_hyundai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calicut ,trisur
Posts: 2,019
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

I feel the asking is a bit too much since the new model is already launched.But the car looks perfect and in good shape too.Try scrapping 2 more lakhs from the asking.then it would be a bargain.
ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2008, 23:41   #10
BHPian
 
ritayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Back in Delhi
Posts: 227
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER_SRT View Post
If you have the option of buying extended warranty from the dealer then go for it. I'm not sure if its offered though. Since the launch of the new C Class you should be getting a better bargain. The value of the car you mentioned from a dealer in delhi is 19,87,800 (checked it from one of the sites) if you buy from an individual its around 1L more. I dont know why! Dont consider 02 models. Models from 2006 and above are better in quality as other members say in TBHP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
I feel the asking is a bit too much since the new model is already launched.But the car looks perfect and in good shape too.Try scrapping 2 more lakhs from the asking.then it would be a bargain.
ram
Thanks Ram and STR, I am going to the dealer for negotiation on monday and will update on the final outcome. I hope to close the deal at 19 hopefully.
ritayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2008, 00:43   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

18-19L should be a fair price if she's as clean as you say. Anything above is a waste.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2008, 19:52   #12
BHPian
 
GTO - Touring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 713
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Yup, as most have already commented, this car is way overpriced. A 2 year old C200K should not go for more than 18 lacs, even through the authorised channel. Remember that petrol Merc's are not as easy to sell as their diesel counterparts.

The good news for you is that post-2005 Cs are pretty reliable....most problems were ironed out toward the end of its production run. However, check if the following have been replaced already. If not, be prepared to shell out a packet:

1. Air-con condensor
2. ESP module
GTO - Touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2008, 20:52   #13
BHPian
 
ritayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Back in Delhi
Posts: 227
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Yup, as most have already commented, this car is way overpriced. A 2 year old C200K should not go for more than 18 lacs, even through the authorised channel. Remember that petrol Merc's are not as easy to sell as their diesel counterparts.

The good news for you is that post-2005 Cs are pretty reliable....most problems were ironed out toward the end of its production run. However, check if the following have been replaced already. If not, be prepared to shell out a packet:

1. Air-con condensor
2. ESP module
Thanks GTO, I had the car for a day today. all looks well and i think I will be able to close the deal around 19 with a full 30 K service, the sports grill and complete paper work including trf- transport to calcutta and reg. My dad refuses to let me drive it down . The dealer has agreed to even pay the extra for the 7272 reg my dad wants. One thing the car was blinking Service A due when i had the car. Else everything was perfect. (Then everything drives like butter after my indigo). I will ask on the aircon and ESP, were these replacement across the board. I also saw the papers today its a Aug 2006 reg car.
ritayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2008, 20:56   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
ram_hyundai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calicut ,trisur
Posts: 2,019
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Good deal if you could close the deal for 19L with the service for 30k and additional charges for the number.Post the updates soon buddie.
ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 18:59   #15
BHPian
 
ritayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Back in Delhi
Posts: 227
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Just to update, the sales guy drew a blank on the condencer and ESP module. He is stuck on 19.5 I think it is 50k to 1 lac more expensive than the fair market value as per consensus on this thread. The catch is in my price range after viewing about 4 odd cars this is the best (Love at first sight~ Kind of) Decisions and more Decisions.
ritayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trade Merc SLK350 for Merc SL500? zenzi12 Luxury, Imports & Niche 4 15th June 2012 16:03
Merc E220 or Merc E280 madan009 Luxury, Imports & Niche 27 3rd July 2009 10:53
need help ultra urgent! used zen 2005/2006 model is it a good buy? rider60 Hatchbacks 0 31st December 2007 18:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks