Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 16th March 2005, 21:04   #31
BHPian

congratulations vishal. keep the thread updated with your new car's pics
gamerno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2005, 23:16   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
he does not have my choice of color in XS. So he said he had placed factory order on Monday and expected to get it on 28th (monday) abt. 1 week time.
But today whn I went to dealer to chk the status, I was told that Hyundai has stopped shipment of all cars till Budget is out. Offcourse I was not happy as it is going to delay delivery for me. But he was defending himself and telling me "This is first time Hyundai has stopped supplying cars during budget time and they did not have any clue abt. this, hence coud not inform me earlier".
Quote:
But have another problem, according to dealer he has received my Santro in his stock but he has not received Invoice for the car(from Hyundai)

If this was a Fiat dealer we would all be shouting ourselves hoarse on how bad the company is and how they deserve to shut shop. Wonder why we are responding so softly when it's a maruti or hyundai or tata dealer/company that goofs up big time?
Anyway, congrats on your purchase. I hope you have a comfortable time in the car considering the non-existent ergonomics in the Santro.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2005, 23:39   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
I hope you have a comfortable time in the car considering the non-existent ergonomics in the Santro.

those narrow seats of wagonr with nonexistent thigh support sucks.. same with santro, hard and uncomfortable for long drives...
man, atleast Indica is comfortable on long drives.. hell who cares about acceleration..
DCEite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2005, 13:28   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerno1
congratulations vishal. keep the thread updated with your new car's pics
Thx ! I will upload snaps this weekend.
vishaltanksale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2005, 13:34   #35
Team-BHP Support

Tata diesel is okay. Stay away from indigo petrol. As for VFM accent 1.6 is the best bet.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2005, 14:33   #36
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
If this was a Fiat dealer we would all be shouting ourselves hoarse on how bad the company is and how they deserve to shut shop.
Anyway, congrats on your purchase. I hope you have a comfortable time in the car considering the non-existent ergonomics in the Santro.
with you fully Amit. Admittedly, Fiat's case would have been lambasted in this situation. & as far as the ergonomics...the accelerator pedal really hurts & I had a first hand experience of this 2 weeks back. Man, it really hurt me...I'd to stop for sometime to relieve the pain in my foot. Other than that rest of the things are ok.
RJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2005, 14:40   #37
Senior - BHPian

Not to demean any car/company here, but let me tell you one recent incident.

My friend who bought new Santro Xing XS 6 months back, took a test ride of my Petra. He said he was simply blown away by the car. Handling, acceleration, comfort, steering response, you name it. Except the lack of headrest on the rear seat, he loved everything, and wished he had explored more options before buying the car. Probably, his reaction/experience summarizes typical indian customer's mindset.

Again, everyone will have different opinion. So happy buying, congrats!
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2005, 15:07   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjkulkarni
with you fully Amit. Admittedly, Fiat's case would have been lambasted in this situation.
Guys although I am new to cars and by no means expert to comment on anything.
But here is my take on differnt car manufacturere and their dealers:

First of all nobody (alteast based on my experience with Maruti, Hyundai, Tata, Fiat, Ford) are no way near professional as far as sales and A/S/S is concerned.
So even if you rate them they are still not yet on par with any kind of standards.
Yes car industry is booming now days we have new launches every month but thats alone is not sufficient.
Infact whn you visit most of these dealers (mentioned above) its like visting some govt office.
I am trying comparing them with IT industry, I am working for (not sure how correct it is to compare these two).
The difference between them is sky high. these dealers and their sales team and service engineer dont even know how to treat their customers.
Infact I doubt how many of them are actually well qualified to take up job like sales person or skilled service engg.

2 give you small e.g. In IT, when we send any quotation / proposal to customer we proactively mention penalty incase we are late in delivering to customer .
And here...sales person after giving sales speech don't even hesitate in saying like 'Dealer is not responsible for any delay in delivey' or 'cannot commit in written on delivery date'

So my take, whenver you buy car, A/S/S shud be last in ur priority list. coz no matter whtever your expecations are, this industry is yet to come to terms with international standars (or call it some basic standards)

This is just my personal experience / opinion and don't mean to hurt any fans of any kind of car manufacturere or their dealers.

Am happy with the Santro that I got after long wait..regardless of service I will get from HIML...So Cheers !!!
Old 17th March 2005, 15:13   #39
BHPian

Sorry, used wrong thread for this kind of discussion.
Old 17th March 2005, 15:26   #40

Talking Bill Gates Anyone??

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaltanksale
Guys although
I am trying comparing them with IT industry, I am working for (not sure how correct it is to compare these two).

Dont ever do that. Last time when Bill Gates used this simili, it erupted whole loads of Jokes from the GM and Chevy folks on Microsoft.

FYI,
The Top 10 ways things would be different if Microsoft built cars
http://www.thymos.com/computer/jokes.html
askulkarni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2005, 15:29   #41
Senior - BHPian

I agree...most dealers are highly unprofessional in their workings. But the problem is even though they are pathetic in service....cars are still selling...so what reason does the company have to change their ways?

Drifter
drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2005, 15:34   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by askulkarni
Dont ever do that. Last time when Bill Gates used this simili, it erupted whole loads of Jokes from the GM and Chevy folks on Microsoft.
I feel comparison between Indian IT and Bill gates MS is not right.
Indian IT is way to ahead of Bill gates MS, in terms of quality and not $$ (infact we are almost their to take him donw in terms of $$)
Old 17th March 2005, 15:37   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter
I agree...most dealers are highly unprofessional in their workings. But the problem is even though they are pathetic in service....cars are still selling...so what reason does the company have to change their ways? Drifter
All because we afford and need cars in this fast life.
If I may compare again to IT, there was time whn IT was also w'out QUALITY but that big slag some years back..IT learned it hard way..who knows same can happen with this also.
Old 14th December 2005, 00:41   #44

Question Scarlet Sage

[SIZE=2]
Hi,

I am currently in US and will be coming back in Mid-Jan; my wife is planning to book a car back home and she wants me to finalise the color.
We have shortlisted 2 colors for the Santro xing. Aqua Tint and Scarlet Sage. I think Aqua Tint is becoming too common.

Please guide me about Scarlet Sage ?? Is it good . will it be good choice ?? I have not yet seen this color in actual and the look on web looks nice but could be deceptive.

Thanks,
Sameer
[/SIZE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaltanksale
Thanks Guys for all the help in selection process.
I have booked Santro Xing XS and expecting delivery in next 4-5 days.

Based on my requirement and budget decided to go for Santro and use it for next 2-3 years.

btw, I have selected Scarlet Sage color

Thanks again !!
sam_ideas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2005, 00:53   #45
Senior - BHPian

I would advise you to get white. Easiest to maintain, different from the regular silver and black.
Scarlet sage is a deep red colour and looks quite good but like black and silver, it looks as though there is something missing in the car as it doesn't complement the design (w/o the spoiler at least) and it looks awkward from the side.
lamborghini is offline   Reply With Quote