Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 7th May 2008, 14:13   #46
BHPian

If you are open to an used car, buy a Cedia - can fit in your budget or stretch it by a little and you should be able to buy it new.
AirWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 16:12   #47
BHPian

Hi Guys

I've been stuck with the same confusion as mohit on this thread. I drive a 2001 accent and I want a driver's car upto 8 lacs. My daily run is 25kms max but I like to go out on the highway once in a while(once in three months). I have narrowed down on the palio 1.6 and the fiesta 1.6

I want a car that I will keep and cherish for many years because I like to take care of my machine and I think it's a lot of fun to drive a through different phases of a car's life cycle. By driving an old accent I have learnt a lot about cars in general.

I almost booked the palio but the only thing that stopped me is that it doesn't have safety features like airbags or abs. The downside with fiesta is that I don't need the boot I mostly drive in the city and I mostly drive alone.

Should I spend the extra money and go for fiesta because of abs and airbags or should i buy a palio and save the remaining money for fuel and A.S.S.?

Please give me some advise that will help me decide. I'm utterly confused.
zuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 17:02   #48

Default dude

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 8th May 2008 at 13:24.
mabhi10 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 7th May 2008, 17:33   #49
BHPian

I would go for a Fiesta over a Palio because of ABS/Airbags and also coz Palio interiors are really really dated now.
ethanhunt123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 18:40   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabhi10 View Post
plz mention how many time you go on the trip outside city ...
Throughout last one year I've had only two road trips outside the city but that's because my car's become unreliable now, I guess if I have a newer, more reliable car that would increase to say a trip every 3 months.
Old 8th May 2008, 03:16   #51
BHPian

I would suggest Fiesta 1.6. If you can stretch your budget then it is Cedia or Magnum.
Torque123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2008, 14:23   #52
BHPian

I'm inclined towards going for a sedan now since we already have a santro so I'm not thinking about the palio for that and other reasons(interiors! and safety!). And I can't stretch my bugdet beyond 8 at the moment...

I currently drive an accent and I've found the low ground clearance to be a hinderance many times on bad roads. Can anyone suggest how the fiesta fares in terms of ground clearance and handling bad roads?

So now I'm also considering the sx4 as well since it's good VFM and I LOVE the high ground clearance factor. I am planning a trip to Leh later this year (in my new car ) and the ground clearance would be quite a boon I think.

I'm confused again.
Old 8th May 2008, 15:02   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuch View Post
I'm inclined towards going for a sedan now since we already have a santro so I'm not thinking about the palio for that and other reasons(interiors! and safety!). And I can't stretch my bugdet beyond 8 at the moment...

I currently drive an accent and I've found the low ground clearance to be a hinderance many times on bad roads. Can anyone suggest how the fiesta fares in terms of ground clearance and handling bad roads?

So now I'm also considering the sx4 as well since it's good VFM and I LOVE the high ground clearance factor. I am planning a trip to Leh later this year (in my new car ) and the ground clearance would be quite a boon I think.

I'm confused again.

looking at your requirements, teh car that fits your needs, IMO, is the Ford Fusion +- it is a hoot to drive, has all teh safety features reintroduced now, comes for under 8L, has 195 mm of ground clearance (a scorpio has 180!)- what more do u need?....and yes, it has better build quality than an SX4....spares will be expensive though.

Also, it is as spacious as any sedan but is shorter, so easier to drive in teh city
himanshugoswami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 11:34   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
looking at your requirements, teh car that fits your needs, IMO, is the Ford Fusion +- it is a hoot to drive, has all teh safety features reintroduced now, comes for under 8L, has 195 mm of ground clearance (a scorpio has 180!)- what more do u need?....and yes, it has better build quality than an SX4....spares will be expensive though.
Thank himanshu that seems like a good idea but i'm a little skeptical about the spares cost. Do you think the spares of the fusion be more expensive than the fiesta?
Old 9th May 2008, 12:45   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuch View Post
Thank himanshu that seems like a good idea but i'm a little skeptical about the spares cost. Do you think the spares of the fusion be more expensive than the fiesta?

Logically it should be the same as a fiesta since the dusion is based on the fiesta.....but fusion owners ont eh forum can shed more light on this.
himanshugoswami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 13:23   #56
Team-BHP Support

Fusion is really not a hit car either in petrol or diesel. I feel they lost out due to the odd shape ( IMO) and wrong pricing. Buying this car just for its GC is not a great decision. Compared to this car, SX4 would be a better choice due to its complete VFM package.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 14:36   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuch
I'm inclined towards going for a sedan now. And I can't stretch my bugdet beyond 8 at the moment... I currently drive an accent and I've found the low ground clearance to be a hinderance ..... So now I'm also considering the sx4 as well since it's good VFM
At a budget of 8lacs, with a requirement of high GC and needing a sedan, the SX4 looks like a good choice. Lots of goodies for the money and ofcourse all safety features.

Only con I see is the lower FE due to its 1.2 ton weight and higher power. But, if you look at other comparable petrols in that segment, only the NHC would be giving you considerably higher FE. But the NHC, for the price you pay for it, is not really comparable to the loaded-to-the-gills SX4 in terms of features.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 9th May 2008 at 14:40.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 15:05   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Fusion is really not a hit car either in petrol or diesel. I feel they lost out due to the odd shape ( IMO) and wrong pricing. Buying this car just for its GC is not a great decision. Compared to this car, SX4 would be a better choice due to its complete VFM package.
I agree with you my final choice is between the sx4 and the fiesta(more inclined towards the fiesta at the moment). And between the fiesta and fusion I somehow like the interiors of the fiesta more.
Old 11th May 2008, 22:08   #59
BHPian

Just an update from my side. After reading hundreds of pages of the discussions and various ownership reviews on team-bhp I have almost decided to go for the fiesta 1.6 sxi. I will be booking the car in a day or two...

I have a couple of questions regarding though

1. Any indications on ford's future plans for the fiesta. Will this model be replaced in the near future?
2. Almost every forum about fiesta including the Team-BHP review (http://www.team-bhp.com/web/index.php?categoryid=3&p114_action=displaylisting)
talks about replacing the stock tyres. What's the reason for that? Is the tyre quality bad or are they not of appropriate size or something else?
Old 12th May 2008, 10:02   #60
BHPian

Sorry I pasted the incorrect link in the previous post. It should point to the test drives section
Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Test Drives
(I couldn't get a permanent link to the ford fiesta test drive so you will have to select that car from the drop down on the left)