Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 24th June 2008, 17:34   #46
BHPian

Congrats!! I think you made a very wise decision keeping your requirements in mind and didnt just follow the heard mentality.
WheelWake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 00:37   #47
BHPian

Thanks guys! Enjoying it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode View Post
Great choice. Try and get the TMP
I did, I now have it under 4 year warranty, with TMP for first two years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
Congrats!! I think you made a very wise decision keeping your requirements in mind and didnt just follow the heard mentality.
Thanks, I realised early that Fusion is not a hot favourite on TBHP
I will post a thread on my decision making and some pics soon!

I just iced the fusion with a budget of about 14.5k - Pioneer 4050 HU + JBL 5" compos in front + JBL 5x7 coaxials at the rear - sounds tremendous. Also got tight fit crush leather seats for another 3.8k. So another 18k to the cost!
Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2008, 09:26   #48
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new car. Wih the way the oil prices are going, diesel does make a lot of sense. What is the deal you got for the Fusion diesel. With the increase in excise on cars with > 1.5 litre engines, the SX4 would now end up costing approx 18 k more than before.
rajneeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2008, 12:48   #49
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Glass! I feel you did the right thing by going by your own evaluation, instead of getting guided by herd mentality. Fusion is a great car, with lots of space and great GC.
Diesel makes sense too. Do post a write up soon,with pics. What was the OTR price, and how much was the TMP?
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2008, 20:17   #50

hi car lovers.... I plan to buy a new car after driving the palio for 6 wonderful years and now I find it difficult to decide between the SX4 and the new Fiesta ZXi ... can some1 help me make up my mind....which of the two are :
1- good to drive in city & highway
2- most fuel effecient
3- cost effective maintance (spares costs and service costs)
4- most comfortable on the road
5- most silent in and out of the car
6- peace of mind
7- most tough on any raods

Ur suggestions will make a big difference for me...also hows the verna xi (petrol) in comparison to this two vechiles

thanks & enjoy ur weekend...
Selson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2008, 10:30   #51
Senior - BHPian

1 - good to drive in city & highway - SX4/Fiesta Zxi
2- most fuel effecient - both SX4/Fiesta Zxi (1.6) equally give similar mileage.
3- cost effective maintance (spares costs and service costs) - definitely SX4
4- most comfortable on the road - Both SX4/Fiesta Zxi, but Fiesta may lead by small margin
5- most silent in and out of the car - Fiesta Zxi
6- peace of mind - SX4 (A.S.S, resale etc)
7- most tough on any raods - SX4

Also, adding some more paramters:
8 - Fun to drive and handling - Fiesta all the way
9 - Value for money - SX4

Quote:
Ur suggestions will make a big difference for me...also hows the verna xi (petrol) in comparison to this two vechiles
I have only driven the Verna CRDi and I find it fun to drive, very addictive to the turbo kick, not very smooth city drive, good NVH, very good mileage, decent but very boring interiors, lookwise, not so much of a fan. I can't comment much on the petrol siblings.. and i think, it only accounts for 20% of the sale of vernas.
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2008, 10:42   #52

thanks fr ur feedback.. but got to hear that the sx4 has:
1- very low milage due to heavy weight & bigger tyres (8-10kml in city )
2- cluch needs constant seetting
3- rough on city roads and can feel the ground texture due to stiff shock'bs
4- tin work poor
5- and lots of plastic noises incabin

is that true?
Selson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2008, 11:25   #53
Senior - BHPian

1. I think from most owners I have come to hear, it gives around 10-11 kmpl constantly in city condition. For me, I get a slightly better mileage approximately 12 kmpl in NCR region (better roads, less red-light). For that matter, an average mileage of 10 kmpl is on a good side considering what you already quoted, the kerb weight and bigger tyres.

2. I dont know what you meant by constant setting. The clutch in earlier batch of SX4 were defective, and there were some replacement programs. Fortunately, i got a latter batch, and so, no defect with the clutch. And now, they are replacing drive shafts and engine mounts to 2 or 3 batch of the earlier lots. Clutch vibration is very minimal now with the new engine mounts.

3. The ride quality in City especially the rear seats are quite bumpy in rough roads, due to the stiff suspension setup (something that it inherited from the AWD hatch). But its enjoyable ride in good roads and highways.

4. tin work poor??? whts that?

5. No rattling at least on my car. Interior plastics are not the best, but I dont have any noise problem with it. But noise from the engine (in higher rpm) and tyres do prostrates into the cabin.

hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selson View Post
4- tin work poor

is that true?
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2008, 13:56   #54
BHPian

Check out my SX4 10000 Km reviews, postives & negatives. Hope it should help you to decide your car.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...km-report.html

Quote:
4- tin work poor

is that true?
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2008, 14:19   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
4- tin work poor

is that true?
Selson, I know arounf a dozen sx4 owners and none of them gts a mileage of 8 km. As It Nerd pointerd out the milege iis 11-12 in citt with AC. It is a 102 BHP car that weighs 1200kg and has 205 mm tyres, and the mileage is pretty good.

The Clutch problems have been blown out of proportion by most people ( most of whom do not own the car and have given their opinion on hearsay).
The suspention is a bit on the stiffer side, but the ride quality is reasonably good. This is a great advantage on broken /rough roads where you can literally drive the car like an MUV without breaking any thing or scraping the undercarriage.

Poor tinwork? what is that? Rattles and sounds: well thi question hads been adeaquately adressed by owners of SX4 cars in a poll o this forum ( you may check that out ( does your SX4 rattle?)

Yes, the plastics can be better .

Every car has some weakpoints and the SX4 is no different. I can point out the following shortcomings in the Honda City, Logan, Fiesta and Aveo.

NHC:1) Underpowered engine. 2) Poor suspention. Scrapes the undercarriage over the speedbreakers when loaded .3) Absolute lack of safety features ( GXI/EXI variants) not ABS or Airbags, skinny tyres. 4) Not too impressive sales and service network. ( accident jobs take too long and cost a bomb)
Positives: 1) Refinement and quality of build ( including interiors) 2) Fuel efficiency

Logan: 1) Poor egronomics and equipment levels. 2) underpowered engine 3) Screams cost cutting from every angle. 4) Service network not very good. 5) "Diesel variants overpriced for a poor mans sedan" 6. The car is not cheap (except 1.4 petrol) but is percieved as cheap.
Positives: 1)Good Suspension and space. 2) Petrol 1.4 reasonably priced.

Aveo 1) Poor gear shift and engine 2) Fuel consumption not all that great 3) Safty features are not there.

Positives: Excellent interiors and exteriors.

Fiesta: 1) Lacks space 2) Poor sales and service 3) Fiesta diesel overpriced 4) Has lacked equipment till now.5) Diesel low on power

Positives: 1) Great drivers car with a high fun to drive factor. ( 1.6),
good engine and gearbox. 2) Great fuel efficiency in TDCI.

You must list down your priorities and decide which is the best car for you. Every car has its plus points. Afterall, it was the SX4 that forced Honda to update the NHC ( alloys on the GXI, Airbags and ABS on the VTEC Plus and other small changes in the EXI)
rajneeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2008, 14:19   #56
BHPian

@Glass. Excellent buy i would say. Looks like it is the first FF+ on the forum.Keep us updated on the new rubbers, ICE etc etc. Pics please.. What was the OTR?
sanjayatarizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2008, 20:42   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayatarizona View Post
@Glass. Excellent buy i would say. Looks like it is the first FF+ on the forum.Keep us updated on the new rubbers, ICE etc etc. Pics please.. What was the OTR?
Thanks Sanjay. I am putting up a thread and will update you. Please bear with me.
Old 30th June 2008, 01:14   #58
BHPian

Default Ownership Review posted

Please see my ownership review here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-duratorq.html (From Fusion to Fusion: My Ford Fusion Diesel Plus (TDCi/DuraTorq))
Old 19th July 2008, 15:40   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I plan to buy a new car after driving the palio for 6 wonderful years. It will be d and now I find it difficult to decide between the SX4 and the new Fiesta ZXi ... can some1 help me make up my mind....which of the two are

1- good to drive in city & highway - Fiesta Zxi
2- most fuel effecient - No comments. Depends on your driving style, traffic situation etc.
3- cost effective maintance (spares costs and service costs) - Probably Maruti
4- most comfortable on the road - Subjective. Fiesta has the edge.
5- most silent in and out of the car - Can't comment on Fiesta. SX4 isn't quiet though.
6- peace of mind - Subjective. I have the SX4 but still no peace of mind.
7- most tough on any raods - Fiesta anyday.

Quote:
but got to hear that the sx4 has: is that true?
1- very low milage due to heavy weight & bigger tyres (8-10kml in city ) - Fiesta should you about the same mileage.

2- cluch needs constant seetting - Who told you that?
3- rough on city roads and can feel the ground texture due to stiff shock'bs - Yes. You got that right.

4- tin work poor - You mean build quality? Yes the build is very poor.

5- and lots of plastic noises incabin - Yes thats true too. Lots of rattles and very poor NVH.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2008, 17:11   #60
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Glass on your new buy. Do post some pics. BTW, howz the A** in hyderabad for Ford vehicles? Spares are anyways costlier than MSIL/Hyundai.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote