Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 19th July 2008, 18:04   #61
BHPian

Post Edited by the Team-BHP Support : Abusive language is STRICTLY prohibited on this community, even if used indirectly (*****). Do NOT use inappropriate words on Team-BHP. A clean protocol is absolutely imperative keeping our varied audience in mind.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Congrats Glass on your new buy. Do post some pics. BTW, howz the A** in hyderabad for Ford vehicles? Spares are anyways costlier than MSIL/Hyundai.
Thanks snaronikar. Pics are on page 1 of the ownership review thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-duratorq.html (From Fusion to Fusion: My Ford Fusion Diesel Plus (TDCi/DuraTorq))

I am told by several of my friends who own Fords that a.s.s. at both dealers in Hyderabad is decent enough - but I know the spares are costlier, especially for Fusion, for which indiginisation is a tad lower. I am on a 2 year TMP though.
And btw, some idiot scraped my car's rear with his car in the parking lot at Lifestyle building at Begumpet yesterday night while I was enjoying dinner at Haveli, probably to give me a taste of the a.s.s. in Hyderabad.
I left my car today morning at the dealer and so far they seemed fair enough. Will update in a couple of days.

Last edited by GTO : 21st July 2008 at 10:58.
Glass is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 21st July 2008, 17:48   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post

1- very low milage due to heavy weight & bigger tyres (8-10kml in city ) - Fiesta should you about the same mileage.

2- cluch needs constant seetting - Who told you that?
3- rough on city roads and can feel the ground texture due to stiff shock'bs - Yes. You got that right.

4- tin work poor - You mean build quality? Yes the build is very poor.

5- and lots of plastic noises incabin - Yes thats true too. Lots of rattles and very poor NVH.
I get 11-12 if I drive in certian rpm range, a bit spirited driving drops it to 10.5

Build quality is as good as of any other car in it segment.

No rattle sound in my after 3500 KM.
rkbharat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2008, 18:28   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post

I have been racking my brains on this for a while and hope to get some opinions that will help stop the balance from swinging.

Thanks.
Hi
I own Fusion plus and did consider switching to SX4 when it was launched but decided against because of following reasons:
  1. Only 2 people can sit comfortably in SX4 back seat
  2. doesnt offer the flexibility of folding the seats to extend the cargo area
  3. performance is simillar to fusion, may be little lower.
  4. doesnt really offer any extra benefits other than a larger boot but you loose on the compactness/ease of parking-reaversing a hatch like fusion offers
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2008, 21:59   #64
BHPian

Hi Guna, I have bought a FF+ (diesel though) a month back
Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 18:42   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
Hi Guna, I have bought a FF+ (diesel though) a month back
Congrats
Sorry I seem to have missed that post and did not realise it.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote