Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 3rd June 2008, 05:34   #31
BHPian

hey varun congrats, i have been driving verna for around 18 months, i brought it just wen it was launched, u have made a great choice,well if u drive well and have good control of your car u can do with out ABS, well i think brakes on non ABS cars are very good, but do upgrade your tyres, i did put 195/55/16 with alloys, and now iam taking delivery of my 2nd verna VGT for my family, that one is also without ABS. SO enjoy your beauty , drive safe, and best of luck.
jeetu4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 05:45   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Ok - Seems like everyone wants ABS . BUT I had to take a decision then & there. Also I could not spare even one more penny on my already exceeded budget. I opted for the White Base w/o ABS.
Congrats on your purchase.

Well I too under-rated ABS earlier, untill I had accidents with my Indica during monsoon due to locking of tyres while braking, where I could have harmed life of others (2 wheelers coming in wrongly in one way lane in low visibility conditions / kids running in lanes).

Just Last week I avoided a idiot driver, who turned his parked car swiftly on to the road without showing indicator lights. ABS on Corolla helped me avoid the crash (received ABS jitters).

Anyways was unsuccessful in convincing a relative my self to choose ABS option in i10 as he was too on a budget.

Last edited by liberal : 3rd June 2008 at 05:52.
liberal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 10:25   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
All verna's these days come with stock 185/60R14 Bridgestone or MRF. Mine came with 185 Bridgestone, but i still got ot upsized to Bridgestone 195/60R14 Potenza GIII
I have have to check this out Sajands - thanks for the Info. If it is 185, I may stick to stock for a few months

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetu4444 View Post
hey varun congrats, i have been driving verna for around 18 months, i brought it just wen it was launched, u have made a great choice,well if u drive well and have good control of your car u can do with out ABS, well i think brakes on non ABS cars are very good, but do upgrade your tyres, i did put 195/55/16 with alloys
Thanks Jeetu, Your red Verna looks killer in those alloys. What make are those ?
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 16:23   #34
BHPian

GOod choice go for the ABS version as this vehicle is fast and little bit on shakier side on high speeds and the four discs ABS version helps in a lot

Anyways if you don't get the ABS version it still has a good brakes and you are getting a very good deal
S_budhiraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 17:28   #35
Awaiting Email Confirmation

@vkochar- nice to know you've changed your mind.
like I said- its not just the ABS, its the stiffer suspension and the all round discs.
its a qauntum leap in braking performance.

Last edited by rippergeo : 3rd June 2008 at 17:30.
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 21:50   #36
BHPian

Guys just took delivery of my verna VGT today , but it is sad to know wen i brought my verna VGT wen it was just lauched it has more stuff, my new car does not have wheel caps, no asstray, no silver finish gear level, no lighter. Stock tyres are 175 on ABS cars they are 185. well the quality is better , engine sounds better.
Old 3rd June 2008, 23:28   #37
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm . No ashtray too... That is really greedy of Hyundai. I knew about the wheel caps though. Well, I would get mine hopefully this week sometime.
Old 4th June 2008, 02:23   #38
BHPian

Guys, noticed one more thing is missing, this one is really irritating, the power windows on driver side has only one light in it. did not notice the passenger side, will check that too. varun wen is your car due.
Old 4th June 2008, 08:58   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, noticed one more thing is missing, this one is really irritating, the power windows on driver side has only one light in it. did not notice the passenger side, will check that too. varun wen is your car due.
Hey Jeetu, What light are you talking about here man!??

Quote:
Guys just took delivery of my verna VGT today , but it is sad to know wen i brought my verna VGT wen it was just lauched it has more stuff, my new car does not have wheel caps, no asstray, no silver finish gear level, no lighter. Stock tyres are 175 on ABS cars they are 185. well the quality is better , engine sounds better.

Wheel caps was a known thing to me. But no asstray and cigarette lighter is funny! It has the 12V outlet right? Am not too bothered about tyres. I hope bridgestone?

What colour did you get? I have real earth booking. But it seems it will take sometime to come.
barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 09:34   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know about this. Hyundai wants more people to go in for the SX variant than the Base one - But paying 60,000 extra for that car with that horrible ICE in it !!! If not for that Kenwood Double Din HU in it, I would have opted for the top variant.

My Car should be arriving tommorrow in Gurgaon. Might go and pick it up on Friday / Sunday.

Also waiting for Loan papers to be completed by tommorrow.

Tell me one thing Jeetu - What Discounts did you get ? Please be exact. I am getting 20k Dealer Discount + 10k Loyalty = 30K. Add a few freebies worth 5-6k or so.
Old 4th June 2008, 10:09   #41
BHPian

So tell us finally. Is it ABS or w/o ABS as its still a mystery, unless I overlooked

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I know about this. Hyundai wants more people to go in for the SX variant than the Base one - But paying 60,000 extra for that car with that horrible ICE in it !!! If not for that Kenwood Double Din HU in it, I would have opted for the top variant.

My Car should be arriving tommorrow in Gurgaon. Might go and pick it up on Friday / Sunday.

Also waiting for Loan papers to be completed by tommorrow.

Tell me one thing Jeetu - What Discounts did you get ? Please be exact. I am getting 20k Dealer Discount + 10k Loyalty = 30K. Add a few freebies worth 5-6k or so.
SumitB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 11:27   #42
Senior - BHPian

Sumit Bhai - w/o ABS. Hard Luck.
Old 4th June 2008, 11:29   #43
BHPian

Do post lots of pictures once you get her home. Drive safe.
Old 4th June 2008, 11:35   #44
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Sumit - I know a lot of Verna Owners are going to Bash me for my Decision on taking no ABS ( as I had earlier asked for this from the dealer ).

But really speaking I have never driven a ABS loaded car before in my life and it's been fine. Hope it stays the same with the verna. I am more of a Slow driver now than a speed freak. The only reason I am buying this car is because of the low Diesel running costs and this way I can go to Punjab, Rajasthan and even Mumbai / Goa via car - which I could have never done on my Accent.
Old 4th June 2008, 11:44   #45
BHPian

Diesel will be the fuel of choice for any enthusiast who loves driving in the coming future for the cost factor.