Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2008, 09:04   #1
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 258
Thanked: 48 Times
Default How much is this used Civic worth?

Hi Guys
I saw a Civic 1.8 White colour up for sale. It had clocked 12000 Kms and was in showroom condition. The owner is asking for Rs 9 lacs. The car has completed 2 years in June 08.
Is it ok to buy it for 9 lacs or should i negotiate?
How much do you guys think is a fair deal for the car.?
Please advice.
zoom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2008, 13:17   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,713
Thanked: 89,077 Times
Default

If the cars condition is indeed excellent, 8.5 lakhs is a reasonable price. The seller has asked for 9 lacs; it shouldn't be too difficult to get him down by 5 - 6%.

Last edited by GTO : 9th June 2008 at 13:19.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2008, 13:29   #3
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Which model? AT/ MT?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2008, 10:51   #4
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 258
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Hi JK
Its a Manual Transmission one.
zoom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2008, 15:02   #5
BHPian
 
mav2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 567
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Looks good man, one of my collegues just sold his 1 year old civic auto for around 11, with 15k done. So this looks like a good price to me.
mav2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2008, 15:21   #6
BHPian
 
a4_attitude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 442
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

if its S model and good condition than its a good deal u can try or some negotiaion, dealer normally purchase this at 8.5
a4_attitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2008, 15:26   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
karanraheja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,915
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Carwale s quoting 8-8.5 l for it. I had heard Civic MT S has been discontinued. So surely there will be good demand for it in 2nd hand market. 8.5 l sounds perfect for this car.
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2008, 15:38   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
ram_hyundai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calicut ,trisur
Posts: 2,019
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Yes 8.5 looks OK for me and since the warranty period is over check out if you can get it extended in case of a situation.
ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 13:20   #9
BHPian
 
appuchan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bangy
Posts: 641
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

I too am in the market for a used Civic Automatic.

Got info about one 1.8V Auto model which has run less than 3000 kms and is just about 7 months old. Please let me know what is a good price to ask for this car considering that it is well maintained and in complete stock condition. As of now the seller is expecting 12.5 lacs.

I have never bought a used car before and hence would like to know if any expert T-Bhpians in the SE belt of Bangalore (Between Marathhalli and HSR Layout) would be able to accompany me for inspecting the car this weekend.

Last edited by appuchan : 27th November 2008 at 13:23.
appuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 15:04   #10
BHPian
 
AirWind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 808
Thanked: 75 Times
Default

Cheta - Buying used is okay as long as you were considering a car that's 3 years old but not this where you wouldnt get a good deal. Consider things like Altis is new to the market and is competitively priced so you would get a better discount on a new Civic, EMI for a used car is atleast 15% expensive than a new car. A used car however well kept, cant really replace something that's new and fresh!

If you decide to go for this, it will be one year old (model wise) in a months time. Strangely, why would some one be selling a car that's just 7 months old? Is the seller the owner? does the insurance has any claims? was this car confiscated by the financing company?

Suggest you take it to a Honda pre-owned outlet and get a through checkup done, you may have to pay but that will be a complete evaluation and will ensure peace of mind.

All the best and keep us posted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
I too am in the market for a used Civic Automatic.

Got info about one 1.8V Auto model which has run less than 3000 kms and is just about 7 months old. Please let me know what is a good price to ask for this car considering that it is well maintained and in complete stock condition. As of now the seller is expecting 12.5 lacs.

I have never bought a used car before and hence would like to know if any expert T-Bhpians in the SE belt of Bangalore (Between Marathhalli and HSR Layout) would be able to accompany me for inspecting the car this weekend.

Last edited by AirWind : 27th November 2008 at 15:05.
AirWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 15:48   #11
BHPian
 
nemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 167
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

good points from AirWind.

How much are you saving by purchasing a used car for 12.5 lacks? If it's not substantial why not up the budget little bit and purchase a brand new car. If stretching budget is not a option why not settle for a lower version of a new car, in your case MT instead of AT.
nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 16:12   #12
BHPian
 
appuchan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bangy
Posts: 641
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post
good points from AirWind.

How much are you saving by purchasing a used car for 12.5 lacks? If it's not substantial why not up the budget little bit and purchase a brand new car. If stretching budget is not a option why not settle for a lower version of a new car, in your case MT instead of AT.
I have budget constraints and cannot upgrade. I am not interested in MT car anyway. The only option for AT is ANHC, which looks disproportionately priced for what it comes with. Hence I thought its better to look for "barely used" Civic AT which I could get in similar price range.

A new Civic 1.8V AT costs 15.8 lacs on road as on Oct '08 in Bangalore. As per the recent news of price hike, this may go up soon by another 10-25k.

I thought if I can get a car which is run only 3000 kms and 6 months old in excellent condition for a discount of Rs 3-4 lacs, its not so bad. The owner is going abroad on long term and wants to sell the car asap.
appuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 16:37   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
ST7677's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,045
Thanked: 45 Times
Default

2nd hand prices also vary heavily from state to state depending on the road tax.
A used car in Bangalore is much more expensive than say a used car in Delhi.

IMO, typical depreciation for a well maintained used Honda car would be
15% 1st year
10% 2nd year
and 5% a year subsequently
...on the present On road price.

Quote:
I thought if I can get a car which is run only 3000 kms and 6 months old in excellent condition for a discount of Rs 3-4 lacs, its not so bad. The owner is going abroad on long term and wants to sell the car asap.
Sounds very good deal to me, provided you know the owner and this going abroad is not a story to sell the car

Always inspect the car and take it with 'As is where is' assumption - you own the full risk/reward...
ST7677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 16:40   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
aseem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,737
Thanked: 416 Times
Default

This thread is kinda giving mixed inputs as the prices for cars vary from state to state as the on road price difference between delhi and bangie is almost 1.5 lakhs for civic. Anything over 8 lakhs is not good imho as car is nearly 3 years old next month (years calculated based on year of purchase not month). Secondaly for 8.5 lakh the ANHC becomes an interesting proposition since its brand new.
aseem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 17:08   #15
BHPian
 
AirWind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 808
Thanked: 75 Times
Default

Jeez, a brand new Sonata Embera with Leather AT option is cheaper than the Civic V AT

In the preowned car market, you get many choices, there is a 15k run 2007 Sonata Embera Leather AT up for sale in carwale.com quoting 10 lakhs, I'm sure you can haggle hard to bring it to 9.xx lakhs... Now, that's what I call a steal! If you are inclined on a Civic, there are plenty listed on Carwale.com. A pre-owned Civic beyond 10 lakhs is never VFM! And I say this again, preowned is VFM for a 3+ year old car.

Consider this, my company lease offers EMI for a new car at 3.5k/lakh while it is 4k/lakh for used. Assuming you buy the used Civic at 12.5, that translates to funding a new car of 14.3Lakhs which means, you just save 1.5 lakhs of capital investment... which you could easily salvage while you sell the car (first hand fetches better value than second hand)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
I have budget constraints and cannot upgrade. I am not interested in MT car anyway. The only option for AT is ANHC, which looks disproportionately priced for what it comes with. Hence I thought its better to look for "barely used" Civic AT which I could get in similar price range.

A new Civic 1.8V AT costs 15.8 lacs on road as on Oct '08 in Bangalore. As per the recent news of price hike, this may go up soon by another 10-25k.

I thought if I can get a car which is run only 3000 kms and 6 months old in excellent condition for a discount of Rs 3-4 lacs, its not so bad. The owner is going abroad on long term and wants to sell the car asap.

Last edited by AirWind : 27th November 2008 at 17:10.
AirWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How much is a 15 month old Swift worth? nemo Hatchbacks 26 11th August 2011 17:26
1945 Willy's? Is it original? How much is it worth? navial 4x4 Vehicles 11 4th January 2010 16:04
How much is a used Pulsar 180 DTS-i worth? lynx Motorbikes 18 6th March 2009 14:46
How much do you commute every day? And how much time does it take? sbasak Shifting gears 89 18th February 2009 11:44


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:36.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks