Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread

Old 9th June 2008, 10:32   #1
BHPian

Default Used Skoda/New SX4/New Accent/NHC

Hello friends,

In connection to my thread posted in technical stuff,I am posting this to get your help.I am planning to sell off my SWIFT-VXI and go for a sedan.Now my travelling has increased from 800 kms to 1600 kms.p.m.and fuel efficiency is the main criteria.After that comes price,safety,comfort,luxory.I will be driving mainly in city area (which is crowded always) and my wife will also drive it sometimes.Her height is 5.0 feet.

So,I need a car which can best suit us.

Regards,

Rajendra
Old 9th June 2008, 11:03   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raja748 View Post
In connection to my thread posted in technical stuff,I am posting this to get your help.I am planning to sell off my SWIFT-VXI and go for a sedan.Now my travelling has increased from 800 kms to 1600 kms.p.m.and fuel efficiency is the main criteria.After that comes price,safety,comfort,luxory.I will be driving mainly in city area (which is crowded always) and my wife will also drive it sometimes.Her height is 5.0 feet.
So,I need a car which can best suit us.
Your main criteria is fuel efficiency, and you have shortlisted three petrols?

Why not any of the new generation diesels?
Old 9th June 2008, 11:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Out of the above options anyday i would have choosed between New SX4 and NHC,rather than buying a Used car.Accent is also a good option but its dated now.

Regarding the FE i think out of the 4-options the NHC is VFM.

OT:CRDi Hyunday Verna is also a good buy if you are looking something for Diesel variant.

Ramie
Old 9th June 2008, 11:06   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Your main criteria is fuel efficiency, and you have shortlisted three petrols?

Why not any of the new generation diesels?
I mean SKoda diesel.Which other diesel option you can suggest me?
Old 9th June 2008, 11:17   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I mean SKoda diesel.Which other diesel option you can suggest me?
Among the petrols, NHC would be a good choice, but the new one is expected to be launched in a few months. SX4 would be a good choice with its high seating position, since you have mentioned your wife's height. But FE is not its USP.

Skoda diesel might be on the expensive side regarding maintainence. If that is not a problem, its a fantastic car. Why not Fiesta TDCi/ DZire DDiS/ Verna CRDi and the likes? Have you considered them?
Old 9th June 2008, 11:23   #6
Senior - BHPian

For FE and for most of everything, NHC remains the best bet. Used Skoda may be cheaper but search this forum for maintenance costs. I found NHC (77 bhp one) to be very light and nimble in traffic, but not so good at highway speeds >90 kmph.
Old 9th June 2008, 11:29   #7
BHPian

Can anyone let me know what can be the appx.maintenance cost of SKODA diesel?
Old 9th June 2008, 12:53   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone let me know what can be the appx.maintenance cost of SKODA diesel?
Mate... Used Skoda is an White elephant, any skoda can also confirm the same.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...intenance+cost (The Definitive discussion. Is a Skoda more expensive to own than the rest?)

However, as mileage and diesel is you main constraint why not Used Accent CRDI. It will be light on your pocket mileage wise as well as maintenance wise. And yes, it will available in market in hundred no.s

Cheers
Old 9th June 2008, 13:28   #9
Senior - BHPian

NHC seems to be a decent buy as it has good mileage , A**, interiors
and excellent for city driving. But for 1600 km p.m. Diesel would be a better option. Why dont you opt for the Fiesta 1.4TDCI ( Expected facelifted Fiesta by 20th June).

Reasons for not suggesting other cars:-

Accent - Dated model . Petrol Model only available
SX4- Question over quality levels. No diesel
Skoda- Excellent car but only A** is the drawback
Old 9th June 2008, 13:46   #10
Senior - BHPian

I think look for something between SX4 and NHC. There are lots of thread to find out the comparison between two so I will not repeat them here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...arison-12.html (NHC Variants vs. SX4 - A definitive Comparison)
Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
SX4- Question over quality levels. No diesel
Sorry for OT, but what question?. and it gives 12KM/Ltr in city with 100% AC and I think its decent for the that size.

Last edited by rkbharat : 9th June 2008 at 13:48.
Old 9th June 2008, 14:04   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
SX4- Question over quality levels.
I think the question has been answered in the thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...t=SX4+rattling (Does your SX4 rattle ?)

The posts suggest SX4 does not have rattiling issues as such.
Old 9th June 2008, 14:34   #12
BHPian

Go for Verna Diesel, Ford Fiesta (Diesel), Any specific reason you going for Sedan only? If you dont sell you current hatch then you can also think about Swift DDIS? If you can afford as much as Honda City then I would Advice you never buy a second hand.

Why are you considering Honda City. It will give you same Mileage as your Swift Vxi. Or best and cheapest soultion would be Get CNG installed in your current Hatch or buy a new hatch which has CNG option available. (Without selling you current car.)
Old 9th June 2008, 14:40   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
Go for Verna Diesel, Ford Fiesta (Diesel), Any specific reason you going for Sedan only? If you dont sell you current hatch then you can also think about Swift DDIS? If you can afford as much as Honda City then I would Advice you never buy a second hand.

Why are you considering Honda City. It will give you same Mileage as your Swift Vxi. Or best and cheapest soultion would be Get CNG installed in your current Hatch or buy a new hatch which has CNG option available. (Without selling you current car.)
Actually,I have been driving a hatchback for more than a year now.This is my first car and now I wish to upgrade.This is the reason I am looking for a sedan.Unfortunately,suddenly my daily driving is increased and so I was considering a diesel version.Also,I don't wish to maintain two hatchbacks or else I would have opted for i10 ..may be.
Old 9th June 2008, 15:50   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Actually,I have been driving a hatchback for more than a year now.This is my first car and now I wish to upgrade.This is the reason I am looking for a sedan.Unfortunately,suddenly my daily driving is increased and so I was considering a diesel version.Also,I don't wish to maintain two hatchbacks or else I would have opted for i10 ..may be.
Hmm. Then I would suggest you to test drive both FiestaD and VernaD and see which one you like more.
Old 9th June 2008, 16:16   #15
Senior - BHPian

Skoda cars offer decent FE and nice ride. But they have the immense potential to upset your balance sheet in case of any accidents/failures. VernaD, FiestaD, NHC can be good candidates for test driving.
Closed Thread