Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2008, 23:33   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
ImmortalZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,133
Thanked: 139 Times
Default New Civic 1.8V AT. Questions questions...

Hello fellow BHPians,

I'm from Trivandrum, Kerala and I've been lurking in this forum for a few months now, taking in all the info (damn, there's so much!).

We've been planning to buy a new car for a few months now (previously had a Premier Padmini which we sold in... 1998 I believe) and have zeroes in on the Honda Civic 1.8V AT. It's my dad's investment since I'm finishing up college :P He insists on getting an AT so he may drive it without much ado in bumper to bumper traffic.

I have some plans to mod this car (who doesn't?) as I graduate and have an income to sustain the hobby. I plan to turbo it in the 5-7 PSI range. My question is, will the semi-auto transmission be able to take the extra power? (Assuming I do the other stage one mods as well - air filter, FFE etc. etc.)

Also, I heard O.Z. wheels are now available in India. I've seen some of the replicas in the threads scattered across the forums, but my dad goes "I won't allow no ****ty replica on mah wheels!". So yeah, how much do 16" O.Z. alloys run for? (Particularly the Ultraleggera and Canova designs) and where can I get them?

I've got my hands on the handy dandy upsize chart, so it'll be 16" O.Z. rims shod with 205/55-16 tyres. I'm leaning to Yokohama S-Drives - do those come in that size? If so, where can I get them from in Trivandrum?

I've got a few hundred more questions, but they aren't really worth asking until I get my hands on the car itself, which will be around August if things go as planned.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2008, 00:10   #2
BHPian
 
Veelubai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: B'lore/Trichur
Posts: 287
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Welcome to teambhp.Since you are planning to do some serious mods I would advice you to strictly stick to the manual version.And about the alloys, I dont think there will be wide choice in 16" especially if you want BBS or OZ's.Anyways expect something above 75ooo+ for sure .YEs , I beleive the S drives are available in 205/55 and costs something around Rs6800 I guess.IAm not very familiar with Tvm so better ask Tvm bhpians about shops etc.

By the way which colour are you planning to get?
Veelubai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2008, 03:17   #3
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,972
Thanked: 16,757 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
I'm from Trivandrum, Kerala
Welcome to Team-bhp, Trivandrum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
It's my dad's investment since I'm finishing up college :P
Do you mind mentioning the college and course?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
I plan to turbo it in the 5-7 PSI range
Considering, the car is dad's investment, are you sure you are going to turbo it, in the long run? There could be issues with reliability, but then again, it can be done. However, i remember reading about problems in fixing FFE on the Civic. It has exhaust manifold integrated into the cylinder head!

So, K&N might be the only easy option.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2008, 10:42   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
ImmortalZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,133
Thanked: 139 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelubai View Post
Welcome to teambhp.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelubai View Post
Since you are planning to do some serious mods I would advice you to strictly stick to the manual version.And about the alloys, I dont think there will be wide choice in 16" especially if you want BBS or OZ's.Anyways expect something above 75ooo+ for sure .YEs , I beleive the S drives are available in 205/55 and costs something around Rs6800 I guess.IAm not very familiar with Tvm so better ask Tvm bhpians about shops etc.
I checked O.Z.'s website. There is very little choice for anything under 18". And for any design available under 18", it comes from 15" onwards. Of course, it all depends on which wheels the dealers in India stock doesn't it?

Regarding BBS, are they here officially? I really don't want to deal with grey imports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelubai View Post
By the way which colour are you planning to get?
White.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Welcome to Team-bhp, Trivandrum.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Do you mind mentioning the college and course?
Mohammed Sathak Engineering College, Ramanathapuram (~170KM from Madurai), Tamil Nadu. I'm studying Electronics & Communications Engineering. I've finished college actually. I have a couple arrears left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Considering, the car is dad's investment, are you sure you are going to turbo it, in the long run? There could be issues with reliability, but then again, it can be done. However, i remember reading about problems in fixing FFE on the Civic. It has exhaust manifold integrated into the cylinder head!

So, K&N might be the only easy option.
Well, his attitude is something like "I buy it, you run it.". As soon as I get a job, it becomes entirely "mine" - as in, I pay for everything, he sits in the rear seat and enjoys the ride while I drive :P

Re: the exhaust manifold, I couldn't find anything of that sort while searching on the web, so one of the Gurus will have to clear that one up.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2008, 23:12   #5
BHPian
 
Veelubai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: B'lore/Trichur
Posts: 287
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Immortalz - Sorry for the late reply. For BBS wheels I think its better you get in touch with PJSpeed. He is a dealer of branded wheels and a member of this forum.

Nice choice of colour.A civic has to be either white or black.

I dont what caused you this aversion towards grey improts, taiwan ones etc.Actually they arent bad atall.Infact 90% of the alloys are these stuffs.Never mind , I was just telling.
Veelubai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 08:45   #6
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,760
Thanked: 6,669 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
i remember reading about problems in fixing FFE on the Civic. It has exhaust manifold integrated into the cylinder head!
that isnt a problem. see vikram18s civic. vipers guy did a full ffe for it.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 09:49   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
ImmortalZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,133
Thanked: 139 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelubai View Post
Immortalz - Sorry for the late reply. For BBS wheels I think its better you get in touch with PJSpeed. He is a dealer of branded wheels and a member of this forum.

Nice choice of colour.A civic has to be either white or black.

I dont what caused you this aversion towards grey improts, taiwan ones etc.Actually they arent bad atall.Infact 90% of the alloys are these stuffs.Never mind , I was just telling.
I don't mind alloys that are officially sold here. I dabble in a lot of computers and have been burned more than once on importing hardware. Hence the aversion. I suppose PJSpeed deals in OZ as well? I'll PM him. Thanks for the info!
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brand new ANHC or used Civic to keep for 10 years. Edit: Got a 2007 Honda Civic sumeethaldankar Sedans 117 29th May 2013 10:31
Pre-owned Civic or Brand-new Sedan? EDIT - Bought a Civic arvi86 What Car? 88 25th May 2011 06:29
City gets some Civic sense, Civic gets a new sense. sidindica The Indian Car Scene 469 5th September 2010 12:18
Used(corolla or civic) or new(ONLY CIVIC) hell_raiser Sedans 10 25th November 2007 23:34
New Civic AT or Civic MT suren181 Sedans 13 27th August 2007 17:09


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:26.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks