Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 18th June 2008, 14:05   #1

Question Old City or Rumoured New City

Hello,

I am looking to buy Honda City, Initially i had decided on Skoda Fabia, but i realized that their were some problems with the Petrol version of Fabia. SO i decided to go for City Instead.

Now New City is rumoured to be here around Diwali, The Old city is available at great discounts should i go in for the Old City or Wait for the New One.

For me Price and Fuel Consumption are the deciding Factors..
mohit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2008, 16:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

wait for the new model if the price is a concern, then the discounts would look tempting but then the resale might just take a great dip so make up your mind before you make your kill.
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2008, 16:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
wait for the new model if the price is a concern, then the discounts would look tempting but then the resale might just take a great dip so make up your mind before you make your kill.
the OHC still commands a better resale value than the NHC. going by that & seeing some of the scoop pics, i would suggest going for the present NHC than waiting for the new one.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2008, 17:29   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Fabia no one has bought so no one knows problems with it.

Wonder who ill-advised you.

Think of it like the old palio. Impeccable quality with unbelieavable weight. Now double each of those factors keeping engine similar

/allegory but hope you get it.
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2008, 18:51   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mohit,

The '09 NHC is just around the corner and is expected to be a distinct step ahead of the current generation. It will be worth the wait.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2008, 19:00   #6
Senior - BHPian

No there are people who have complained about problems with the skoda , not only on this forum , but also the skoda people here and there.
Also I think you should wait for the new honda city , and if you dont like it, the honda people will have a bunch of cars left which you can purchase
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2008, 19:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

Wait for the NNHC. It is not that far as GTO said. You may see it in the showrooms in a few weeks.

I had enquired about a Honda City 5 months back, Yesterday I suddenly got a call from Honda asking me about buying the car, I told them I got a Verna. Must be getting rid of the stocks I feel.

How Much Discounts BTW on the Old Honda City ?
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2008, 19:44   #8
BHPian

dont think the new NHC will launched that soon , there is still some time , honda has just launched the new accord this year , the new NHC will come next year only , the current one is a fine buy , infact one of the best .
skyline gtr r34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2008, 19:47   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
the OHC still commands a better resale value than the NHC. going by that & seeing some of the scoop pics, i would suggest going for the present NHC than waiting for the new one.

well thats because the current city has FroG kind of shape and the new one will have the current civic kind of stying, which is quite stunning so i think the new one will be much better and is worth the wait.

if after the launch of the new one if one still feels the current one is better i am sure a few will be available with one of the dealers right?

PS:no offenses meant but that just my opinion, i think it looks like a frog.
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2008, 20:42   #10
Senior - BHPian

@ Mohit - Wait for the NNHC ! Surely should be worth the wait. It ll be bigger more powerful(hopefully) & better.

OT : Vkochar- Present City discounts around 20-25k with freebies. I guess our member vvvinod is getting that deal on City VTEC Plus.
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2008, 22:28   #11
Senior - BHPian

Karan, Those are good discounts. 20 - 25k is rare for Honda !!!
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2008, 10:57   #12

Exclamation

Thanks alot guys for the replies. i think i'll wait for the New Honda City, if they are planning to compete with SX4 then it has to Be priced in that range So i guess i can wait till Diwali.

Also, as far as Fabia is concerned on my Second visit to Skoda's Showroom, Moti Nagar, Delhi i was surprised to find that they have taken Fabia off display and their are no test cars either. ( Funny how do they expect someone to buy a Fabia then)

Also, as i was walking out i saw a Fabia, Petrol outside, it belonged to someone whu was inside i went in and enquried he dint tell me much about the car for some weird reason but minutes later i saw him fighting with the skoda staff over some problems with Car, this experience kinda zinxed me off Fabia . Although i must say in Build and Interiors it is a Class Apart... But sadly waay to expensive

Last edited by mohit11 : 23rd June 2008 at 11:00.
mohit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2008, 11:26   #13
Senior - BHPian

The G3HC ( Generation 3 Honda City ) is worth a wait. It is expected to be around Diwali this year. 1.3 and 1.5 ltrs. engines are also expected and it will be a huge step forward.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote