Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 22nd June 2008, 00:38   #16
Team-BHP Support

Go ahead. With that interior space, you can probably contruct a few apartments as well!
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 00:10   #17

Welcome on board Zblue. My first car is a Logan 1.4GLX. I took nearly 1yr to make up my mind on the car that I wanted. Thanks to Team BHP; I actually learnt a lot from this forum too. My inital idea of getting a car was for style and later towards the end after reading through the forum I realized there is a lot that needs to be taken into consideration to own a car. Logan is VFM. To know more about this vehicle actually you can visit this link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...5-000-kms.html
This was one link that helped me to make my final decision on the car. Even though it is a WIDE BODY car, it is really easy to control even in city traffic. Budget of 5L to 6L this car should do justice.
Fuzzylogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 22:30   #18
BHPian

Default Test Drove Logan Today

Well actually i "test sat" in the passenger seat for the most part while a friend was TD'ing a Logan GLX 1.4.. i did drive it for a short stretch and here's what i could make out :

1) space - lots of it..as expected
2) AC - very effective
3) suspension - well done.. i could tell the difference from my training vehicle which is a wagon R
4) interiors - spartan .. as expected.. i prefer calling it "utilitarian"
5) pick up - my friend says its a li'l slow on pickup.. my very limited driving experience prevents me from having an opinion on this
6) overall ride comfort - very comfortable , good visibility from driver's seat
7) driver's seat legroom - this was my biggest concern and turns out this was where i was in for a slight surprise.. in the wagon R i am comfortably seated with the steering wheel well above my knees.. here i found i actually had to spread my upper legs wide because the steering actually was between them .. of course there was lots of space between my knees and the dashboard.. but still it wasn't something i was prepared for having driven the wagon R

Will probably do a longer TD soon .. overall.. the car meets 85% of what expectations i had from it ..
ZBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 23:12   #19
BHPian

Go ahead with Logan. However I would recommend GLX over GLS for those extra but important features like the fog lamps (very usefull on highways) and the computer.

Last edited by adheesh : 26th June 2008 at 23:15.
adheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 23:13   #20
BHPian

Sorry I had not finished yet. Also since you are a newbie at driving please take into consideration Logan's royal dimentions which are very much greater than other cars of that segment.
Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar

Last edited by adheesh : 26th June 2008 at 23:17.
adheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008, 18:25   #21
BHPian

I took a test drive of the Logan Diesel this weekend and boy was I surprised! The ride quality is very good and the acceleration was not sluggish at all. They didn't have the 1.4 for TD so didn't get a chance on that. Overall it seems to be a very good car. If your mind is made up, go ahead and take the plunge! One thing I noticed is that my shoe (size 10) kept getting stuck in the Clutch lever - it has a curve (inverted "J" shaped) where it kept getting stuck whenever i released the clutch - i had to consciously keep adjusting my feet so that it did not happen. Apart from that I really do not have any negative points about the car! Watch out for it if you too have large feet and wear shoes most of the time.

But being a newbie, you may have issues with parking, reversing etc. Why not start with a hatch? If you are buying Logan, ensure that you have reverse sensors fitted in your car to make it easier.
hsejars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2008, 03:27   #22
BHPian

There is a "Limited edition" Logan expected to be launched in August, you may want to wait for that. As others have pointed out, you may want to evaluate few other Sedans / Hatches as well. True - Logan has tonnes of space, but you need to be sure if you will be utilizing it, that too when your daily usage is going to be just about 15-20 KMs?
chitbhanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 19:53   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBlue View Post
i prefer sedans over hatchbacks and cannot afford a SUV right now .. this along with a budget of <6L leaves me with the Logan and the Indigo (cant wait 5-6mths for the DZire).
Why not a Mahindra Bolero? It should be in your reach! One in black looks stunning with silver alloys good enought to catch a lot of attention and you wouldnt be single for long...
AirWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 21:51   #24
BHPian

Default booked Logan 1.4 GLX

well.. after much deliberation.. ive booked a logan 1.4 glx .. black .. thanks for all the inputs everybody.. next time i'll probably turn up in the "modifications" forum !
ZBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2008, 01:29   #25
Senior - BHPian

congrats man! do let the fellow members know if you have any queries.

mods can modify the thread title now!

Last edited by ashutoshb : 23rd July 2008 at 01:31.
ashutoshb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 02:00   #26

Default Havent heard much of the LOGAN

Hii...
Well i havent heard much of the LOGAN as such...but the best is to take a test drive.. I have driven the Indigo TDI & found it pretty good... But yeah if you can fit the Ford Fiesta into your budget....nothing like it!!! The Verna has classy looks but is not the best of cars while handling on highways at high speeds.

All the best!!

Cheers...
Peets.
Peets is offline   Reply With Quote