Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:51   #76
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

imo, cedia is more expensive than fiesta 1.6?
If you love to drive, then Fiesta will give 100pct satisfaction as it is called
'Drivers Car'!
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:59   #77
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
imo, cedia is more expensive than fiesta 1.6?
If you love to drive, then Fiesta will give 100pct satisfaction as it is called
'Drivers Car'!
The Cedia costs some 2.5L more than the Fiesta 1.6 If I am not mistaken. There are plenty of comparisons in this very section. Just search some more. Here is a brief summary. Purely my opinion.

Fiesta Positives
- Ride
- Handling
- Reliability
- Power

Cedia Positives
- Ride
- Space
- Reliability
- Power

Fiesta Negatives
- Back seat space
- Perceived A.S.S issues

Cedia Negatives
- Handling (only compared to the Fiesta. Narain K called it a 'boat' during the ACI handling test. Fiesta topped the list.)
- Perceived A.S.S Issues

Except for the space, you get nearly everything else and more in the Fiesta for 2.5L less. The Cedia is best bought second hand @ ~5.5L. It's a great value then.

Both are fantastic cars and it's too bad we don't have too many choices when it comes to driving pleasure.

Last edited by Gilead : 23rd February 2010 at 11:01.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 12:47   #78
Senior - BHPian
 
suman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 257 Times
Default

I would take Narain's comments about bad handling of the Cedia with a pinch of salt.
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 13:24   #79
Senior - BHPian
 
h@r$h@l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GJ1
Posts: 1,433
Thanked: 686 Times
Default

I drive a cedia since March 2008. driven 30k kms till date. Love the ride quality and so far not faced any issues with the handling. Infact last week itself a friend decided to book a cedia after test driving Fiesta 1.6 & ANHC.

After sales? i dont know about other cedia owners in other cities. Autonova, Ahmedabad so far has kept up their commitments and i have found their approach very very proffisional on almost every visit to them. Also the service costs have been reasonable all the way.

Practically i dont feel Fiesta 1.6 & Cedia can be compared. The price, engine, performance, space and completely different in both cars.

Overall I would say i have found Cedia a good VFM.
h@r$h@l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 13:35   #80
BHPian
 
Maibaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 284
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

Cedia handles like a "Boat"? I am no expert but I find Narain's comments too far-fetched.
Maibaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 13:41   #81
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
Cedia handles like a "Boat"? I am no expert but I find Narain's comments too far-fetched.
I should have mentioned that he was comparing it to the Fiesta 1.6S which has a suspension tuned for handling. IMO, the Cedia is much better when it comes to ride and comfort because of the softer suspension, but the Fiesta definitely handles better. Both have their own trade offs and both are fairly competent cars. As far as power is concerned, the Cedia probably has a higher top speed due to the 2L engine, but the Fiesta had the best lap times in the same ACI test.

Last edited by Gilead : 23rd February 2010 at 13:43.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 13:56   #82
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,376
Thanked: 528 Times
Default

Narain and ACI's views on the handling of Cedia was discussed extensively in other threads:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...ght-sx4-3.html (SX4 Zxi or ANHC? EDIT : Bought SX4!)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...ml#post1626728 (City vs Fiesta1.6 vs Fiesta 1.4 vs Swift vdi - brain vs heart problem)

I don't think he used the word 'boat' but commented something suggesting that 'Cedia could not carry speed in to the corners due to soft suspension and somewhat vague steering'.

Last edited by Guna : 23rd February 2010 at 14:09.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 14:23   #83
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 90
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

First of all Cedia and Fiesta are two wnetirely different cars and don't need to be compared. Someone with the budget of 7-8 lakhs won't just walk in to a Mitsubishi showroom and buy a Cedia and the same vice-versa for obvious addictive reasons attached to the Cedia.

As far as Narain Karthikeyan is concerned I don't think he is the best person to be believed. He's just a testimony of (andho me kaana raja). he couldn't even close in on his partner when only four cars (2 from Ferrari) were running for the entire race. Someone who's bought his way into racing is not someone I would believe in. ACI hired him because he hardly has anything to do since no one wants him to drive their cars and hence he was a brand very cheap to obtain. He's by no means a national pride..just a reason to reinforce the biased views of Europeans about us Indians. Mallya on the other hand is someone who's doing good or the nation and Karun Chandhok is a far more promising guy and that too by a million miles compared to Narian.

Regarding the trach thing.one thing I've always noticed is that people always keep talking about track capabilities of a vehicle. How many of us except members from Chennai and Hyderabad have access to a track? And even out of those living in the two above mentioned cities how many of us visit a track often? so is it really practical for someone living in Delhi to buy a vehicle just because some failure said one is good and the other is bad? I don't think so. Rather than believeing every tom dick and harry we need to check things for ourselves and judge accordingly.

Regarding both the cars. well. IMO Cedia certainly has a sopfter setup than Fiesta but not too an extent where the Cedia would get lapped up by a Fiesta. AFAIK a track is a combination of turns and straights and international tracks have a couple of long straights at many venues. Put both these cars at test ad see the result. Cedia isn't so bad in cornering that Fiesta can simply overtake it on any turn with authority. The differnec is there but only to an extent which gets offset when straights come into equation.

On real roads first of all no point in taking about racing (bad practice). But still in terms of driving pleasure both cars are great. cedia however provides more comfort and safety than Fiesta.

With no offence to Fiesta owners all I want to say is that comparing two cars is always good interesting but going by the views of someone incredible isn't a very good thing. Moreover comparing them on grounds whioch very few of us would rarely use is certainly not practical.

P.S. I am totally fida over Fiesta as a driver's car and have mentioned that in some other post made recently but all I wnated to highlight here is that comparisons should be fair and refernces should be taken from at least a bit of credible resources unlike N.K.
lifeonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 14:35   #84
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeonwheels View Post
First of all Cedia and Fiesta are two wnetirely different cars and don't need to be compared. Someone with the budget of 7-8 lakhs won't just walk in to a Mitsubishi showroom and buy a Cedia and the same vice-versa for obvious addictive reasons attached to the Cedia.
The OP posted a specific query related to enthusiats. And an enthusiast with a budget will definitely visit both showrooms. He will visit a Honda showroom as well.

Quote:
As far as Narain Karthikeyan is concerned I don't think he is the best person to be believed. He's just a testimony of (andho me kaana raja). he couldn't even close in on his partner when only four cars (2 from Ferrari) were running for the entire race.
Let's not even get into this debate. He has raced at the sport's highest level and that qualifies him to pass judgement.

Quote:
Regarding the trach thing.one thing I've always noticed is that people always keep talking about track capabilities of a vehicle. How many of us except members from Chennai and Hyderabad have access to a track?
If a car performs well on track, it is bound to perform just as well on the road. I am talking about peformance here, not the ride quality. The Cedia has a better ride without a doubt.

Quote:
Regarding both the cars. well. IMO Cedia certainly has a sopfter setup than Fiesta but not too an extent where the Cedia would get lapped up by a Fiesta. AFAIK a track is a combination of turns and straights and international tracks have a couple of long straights at many venues. Put both these cars at test ad see the result. Cedia isn't so bad in cornering that Fiesta can simply overtake it on any turn with authority. The differnec is there but only to an extent which gets offset when straights come into equation.
So we should take the quote above at face value and not Narain's opinion? lol Let's just stick to facts here and not bring imaginary international track straights into the discussion. Did you test both cars on the straights of an international track by any chance? We are in India and the best anyone can do is test on an Indian track.

Quote:
On real roads first of all no point in taking about racing (bad practice). But still in terms of driving pleasure both cars are great. cedia however provides more comfort and safety than Fiesta.
More comfort, yes. Safety is on par.


Quote:
P.S. I am totally fida over Fiesta as a driver's car and have mentioned that in some other post made recently but all I wnated to highlight here is that comparisons should be fair and refernces should be taken from at least a bit of credible resources unlike N.K.
Who would be a more credible person to comment in your opinion?

I am not sure why this is turning into a 'My dad is greater than your dad' kind of discussion. As mentioned above, both cars have their positives and trade-offs. As a Fiesta owner, I will be the first one to admit the car's shortcomings. If you are a Cedia owner, post about the car's weaknesses as well. Unless, the Cedia has no weaknesses in your opinion.

Last edited by Gilead : 23rd February 2010 at 14:41.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 14:36   #85
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 90
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Oh one more thing...since Narain Karthikeyan said Cedia handles like a "boat", could someone please tell him he drives slower than a snail.
lifeonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 14:56   #86
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 90
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
by Gilead - The OP posted a specific query related to enthusiats. And an enthusiast with a budget will definitely visit both showrooms. He will visit a Honda showroom as well.
When did I talk about visiting showrooms?. I talked about buying cars and only comparing two cars being discussed in this thread. if you want to bring in the third then please include these too:

Maruti
Hyundai
Volkswagen
Chevrolet
Toyota

All of them have cars in the same price segment

Quote:
by Gilead - Let's not even get into this debate. He has raced at the sport's highest level and that qualifies him to pass judgement.
Hmmm..I would still not consider believing someone who bought his way into something. Buying a way into something and earning it and those are as different as the surface of Sun and Earth.


Quote:
by Gilead - If a car performs well on track, it is bound to perform just as well on the road. I am talking about peformance here, not the ride quality. The Cedia has a better ride without a doubt.

Any statistics which prove better or lower performance for any of the two cars? My ears are all open.


Quote:
by Gilead - So we should take the quote above at face value and not Narain's opinion? lol Let's just stick to facts here and not bring imaginary international track straights into the discussion. We are in India and the best anyone can do is test on an Indian track.
Ok so just because a car rolls into the corners and only JUST BECAUSE IT ROLLS IT CAN'T HANDLE OR CORNER WELL. well if that is what you believe then I don't think anything else needs to be said.

Regarding the international tracks. both are internationally sold cars and just passing a verdict based on the Chennai track doesn't do justice considering its design.

P.S. I've raced quite a lot on the Chennai track and hence can say this from my professional experience from a few years back.

Yes certainly Cedia is far more safer than the Fiesta considering the extra money an owner is paying.


Quote:
by Gilead - Who would be a more credible person to comment in your opinion?

I am not sure why this is turning into a 'My dad is greater than your dad' kind of discussion. As mentioned above, both cars have their positives and trade-offs.

A more credible person would be someone who reached a given level based on abilities rather than financial backing.

Wasn;t the daddy thing the case earlier than I posted? I clearly sated that both cars are great and just wanted to clear the "boat" thing so wher does daddy come into the scene? Oh and you yourself said that both cars have their +ves and -ves and I clearly stated the same if my post is read with patience.

Thanks
lifeonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:17   #87
Senior - BHPian
 
gaurav_chopra04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,256
Thanked: 534 Times
Default

Chill it up guys... Both Fiesta and Cedia are great VFM at the price they are offered and it entirely depends on the budget. Please note, Although I myself drive a cedia, I have recommended Fiesta to a lot of friends who wanted a new car and the budget was around 6-7.5 lacs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post

Fiesta Positives
- Ride
I found the ride to be too bumpy on not so good roads and this I am talking about the sxi model which I believe runs on 14 inch rims with bigger tyre walls as compared to the 1.6 S. It was that time I first wondered how 1.6S with 15 inch rims and stiffer suspention behave on not so good roads.

Cedia Negatives
- Handling (only compared to the Fiesta. Narain K called it a 'boat' during the ACI handling test. Fiesta topped the list.)

I totally agree that handling of Fiesta is very good but since the sxi have puny tyres, I never tried to corner hard with it.

Regarding cedia, I can vouch that the body roll is much less than the sxi, cant say about the S. Also, I have cornered on my car on a about 10% to 15% more than 90 degree left turn at about 120 (yes its not a typo, at 120), and it looked all so simple, no problems at all. please note that at this time I was running on stock Bridgestones which had done more than 40k kms. I now have Yokohama S drives 205/55. With these I have certainly cornered at more speed at the very same turn than the stock tyres.

I never wanted to disclose something like this here and I know its very stupid. that was the only reason I didnt reply earlier to this thread. But shouldnt it be good if you test drive the Cedia and then make the same comment about cedia. I would have definately taken your word without any arguments because its not certain that what I like, you will like it as well. No.. I completely agree. But just reading about what Narain said and agreeing to it doesnt make cedia a bad handler, isntit! PLEASE DO NOT TAKE ANY OF MY WORDS AS OFFENCE. DUE RESPECT TO YOU AND FIESTA!

Except for the space, you get nearly everything else and more in the Fiesta for 2.5L less.

I believe more comfort, climate control, double din touch screen music system, momo steering, better looking dash, leather seats, reversing camera, bigger engine (best in class FE) are all to be added.

The Cedia is best bought second hand @ ~5.5L. It's a great value then.

Certainly, but its hard to find a pre-owned in best condition.

Both are fantastic cars and it's too bad we don't have too many choices when it comes to driving pleasure.

I think we think alike.. then whats wrong!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
If a car performs well on track, it is bound to perform just as well on the road. I am talking about peformance here, not the ride quality. The Cedia has a better ride without a doubt.

Please Test Drive the Cedia Sirjee.. Handling isnt that bad, just that the car stands higher for more GC and hence a bit of body roll is noticable..

As a Fiesta owner, I will be the first one to admit the car's shortcomings. If you are a Cedia owner, post about the car's weaknesses as well. Unless, the Cedia has no weaknesses in your opinion.

If you compare it to civic, the cedia will look just OK and if you compare the interiors, the cedia's interiors come no where close to it. But then you pay 3 to 4 lac extra for all that stuff. The altis again is good but I would love my dad going around in it. its the same difference as between the 5 series and the E class..

Most Cedia owners wont even want to prove that their car is better..we are better off driving it than just praising it!! The same I believe is for Fiesta as well.. havent seen a single owner go Ga Ga without a reason!

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 23rd February 2010 at 16:26.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:37   #88
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 90
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Most Cedia owners wont even want to prove that their car is better..we are better off driving it than just praising it!! The same I believe is for Fiesta as well.. havent seen a single owner go Ga Ga without a reason!
@Gaurav..completely agree with this statement. it holds true for both Cedia dn Fiesta since both are amazing cars to drive (some of my earlier posts in the "what car" section prove my respect for the Fiesta")..Just that they are a little too different to be compared directly and all I wnated to clarify was the "boat" thing which I'm sure isn't true considering whose mouth it came from.

P.S. I drove the Fiesta a couple of weeks ago and would completely agree on the suspension softness part and was completely floored by Fiesta's capabilities but still heart won and I bought a Cedia.
lifeonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 18:11   #89
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 96
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Its not just Cedia Vs Fiesta. Say, if I had the budget which one should I buy from a drivers perspective? Obviously, if Fiesta is as good as Cedia, nobody will buy the latter (though it has more power).

On Narain K.
Lets not bring his view on this. I guess he is over qualified to comment!!!
cuttingcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 18:36   #90
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 90
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

cuttingcrew..TD both the cars and make sure you do an exhaustive one for both cars and you'll have the result in front of you. we'll love to know your opinions on both cars.

Regarding Narain Karthikeyan's qualification to comment or not. well let's just leave that sideways. statistics and facts speak for themselves.
lifeonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cedia Spirit relaunched as cedia sports basic at Rs. 9,30,000 sidindica The Indian Car Scene 42 4th August 2010 00:16
Need help - Cedia, SX4, Optra or ANHC ? EDIT : The Cedia it is! kartho Sedans 59 23rd November 2009 13:59
Please help me decide: Fiesta S or Fiesta ZXi? EDIT: Booked Fiesta S! Pics on pg5. frankmehta Sedans 108 18th August 2009 13:43
Mitsubishi Cedia, Ford Fiesta and Suzuki Swift to enter Indian Rallying!! suman Indian Motorsport 26 22nd April 2006 00:22


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks