Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 4th January 2011, 11:04   #106
BHPian

Default Re: Ford Fiesta S or Cedia Sports?

Guys, the OP is asking our opinion about a pre-owned Fiesta and Cedia. Lets not get into a debate on availability of new Fiestas.

If we are talking abt availability of spares, I dont think they should be a problem for some more years to come for either of the cars.
Maibaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 11:05   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
that kenwood touchscreen is awesome...
The 2007 models under consideration will not have this nor the momo steering, oz wheels etc.
shuvc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 12:56   #108
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Absolutely not true. The S is still available and I can confirm this since I visited the dealer in Thane in the last week of Dec. I also saw a Sea grey S on display. The rumours of Fiesta S being discountinued is an hoax. I think the dealer in your city might not have the S in stock, hence the information.
Good to know that. The Fiesta S is a great car. IMO the real successor to the OHC.
Live To Jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 13:24   #109
BHPian

I am also sorely tempted to postpone the decision. As such, cedia's resale is so low, I wonder if it will make a difference if it is discontinued. As for the Ford Fiesta, there is definitely a new one around the corner and that will definitely make an older one cheaper by at least Rs. 50-75,000 six months down the line.

I am really confused. Cedia is nicer car for the family but Fiesta is the right size for Bangalore's streets ! Cedia has better brakes (all discs) than the Fiesta and that surely counts for something.

AFAIK, fuel efficiency should be close - a 2.0 litre japanese engine vs a 1.6 screamer. Build quality is close.

Good ghost - the only good part in this decision is that with passing time, prices are certain to drop (I've already seen that- one week of pause and 25k off already)
varadha_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 12:46   #110
BANNED

If you look for the interiors and features.... where you actually spend your time,,, then there is no way cedia can be overlooked, a clear winner ....
ruchirtnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 14:35   #111
Senior - BHPian

If you want a driver's car - handling, safety, cornering, braking, acceleration etc. - shortlist Fiesta and Cedia. Look at your budget.
If you have enough money, buy Cedia, else by Fiesta.
Cedia and Fiesta can be compared only from the point of view of driving pleasure.
Cedia is sure one league ahead of Fiesta in built, handling and braking.
Only Cedia has rear Multi link suspension and all wheel disc brakes. The Multi Link is by far more advanced independent suspension system catering to sporty driving as well as comfort. Fiesta has twist-beam with coil springs & dampers, like any other normal city car.
With respect to handling, on Chennai Bangalore highway, (driving alone) I have shown the car's handling capabilities to a few Skoda Lauras, Fiestas and Vernas and even occasional Scorpios. Its ability to corner at high speeds and fantastic braking gives me the edge over other cars. (Of course it also depends on driving skills of those drivers).
w.r.t. NK's comments, it was obviously biased. Ask the same to Gaurav Gill and he will tell you about Cedia's handling.

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 6th January 2011 at 14:49.
RajaTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 14:55   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varadha_r View Post
I am really confused. Cedia is nicer car for the family but Fiesta is the right size for Bangalore's streets ! Cedia has better brakes (all discs) than the Fiesta and that surely counts for something.
As far as size is concerned, I found it so convenient to drive in city.
Length: (F) 4282 - (C)4595 = 312 mm
Width:(F)1686 - (C)1695 = 9 mm (say equal)
Wheel base: (F) 2486 - (C)2600 = 114 mm (F-Fiesta, C-Cedia)
Turning Radius: 4.9 m - 4.9 m.
The turning radius with same width gives you the same degree of freedom while turning or "U" turning. IMO there is no difference in city driving between Cedia and Fiesta though Cedia is slightly bigger car.
RajaTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 15:24   #113
VMG
BHPian

I agree with Raja. Cedia is the great car and I am enjoying for the past 3 years. If you are going to keep 5-6 years close your eyes and buy Cedia. resale also will not be an issue if you going to keep long term.
VMG is offline   Reply With Quote