Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread
Old 3rd July 2008, 13:01   #1
Default used car to replace Esteem

Hi Guys,

I was driving a Maruthi Esteem MPFI which i sold last week. Now I am on the look out for a used car in the 4 - 5L range.

I was looking for a used car since i will be using this car only for max 2yrs after which i will be shifting from Bangalore.

The car should be a sedan and I dont like the Swift :(

My requirements are as follows:

1> Performance - I was happy with my Esteem's peformance with FFE.
2> Fuel efficiency
3> Maintenance
4> Looks

The cars which i found in my price range (4 -5) are:

1> Baleno - (I can get an almost new one in my budget. Great Performance, I can live with the looks, but i am worried about resale)

2> NHC - (Performance is not good, dont like the looks that much, but good resale and fuel efficiency)

3> Toyota Corolla - (I saw some 2003 models priced around 5.5L, but i am afraid of the maintenance)

Now I am totally confused. Guyz please help me out here.. !!!
Old 3rd July 2008, 13:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

Toretto- I guess N2HC will be deleted from your list if you looking for perfomance. Baleno has been discontinued a year back so i wouldnt really advice you to for it. Corolla would be an awesome deal inspite of it being discontinued. I guess Toyota maintenance wouldnt be that high. Corolla would be the best among the three for perfomance,interiors , Decent FE . Im sure it wont disappoint you.
Old 3rd July 2008, 13:35   #3
Team-BHP Support

Used cars within the 4 - 5 lakh range, as well as the Corolla / Baleno / NHC have been often discussed on Team-BHP. Please search through our archives to find the relevant threads.

This discussion is closed.
Closed Thread