| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|20th July 2008, 12:32||#46|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Mar 2005
Thanked: 1,642 Times
Talking about Elantras, I believe another blue CRDi will be joining the Bangalore group today?
One more torque machine, waiting for Pete's and Green Cotton.
|21st July 2008, 16:05||#47|
I should be getting the car this week.
I am not planning any major upgrade for the ICE at the moment. I have JBL GTO 607 components on my Palio. Would it be wise to salvage it and replace the front speakers and tweeter on the Elantra with the GTO. I have no clue as to what size are the speakers on the Elantra. Can any one help. I will post a separate thread for this in the ICE section later.
|21st July 2008, 22:27||#48|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: May 2007
Thanked: 284 Times
|25th July 2008, 08:28||#49|
Got my white angel
Mods sorry for the long post.
Got my Elantra yesterday. First Choice guys delivered it as promised. Initial impression as follows.
1. The car looks spick and span on the outside, with a very nice polishing job done.
2. Interiors look good too, but can look better with some detailing. Have to get the 3M detailing done.
3. The music system is ok, but cant compare with my simple setup that I had in the Palio. Also, there is no CD changer and the deck plays only audio CDs. I am adjusting with an FM transmitter and a USB memory stick. Plan is to upgrade to a touchscreen 7" 2-din HU, better speakers, in that order.
4. The power train looks ok. The power delivery is awesome. The engine does make the CRDi cluttering sound. I will get it checked by the same mechanic who test drove initially.
5. The brakes are great too. First hard braking on the way back from the showroom almost startled me. All 4 discs, do stop a car better.
6. The dealer could not get the tires as promised. So I am now running on new Appollo accelere in the front and almost worn out MRF ZVTS in the back. Need to upgrade all of that. Will have to wait for some time for this though, to arrange for the moolah. Because the tires were not given, alingment is also pending. I might get it done this weekend, whether the tires arrive or not.
Did a tank full on my way back from the dealership, it guzzled up 59 litres of diesel. I was surprised as the tank capacity was 55lts only. Should be the pipes and tubes that lead to the tank that is holding the extra fuel.
I am taking it on a long drive today and should have a better understanding of the car by monday.
Thankyou all for cautioning me about buying a used Elantra. With the help of you guys I have now taken a calculated risk. Hope it all works out fine in the long run.
Will start a new thread in the long term ownership section in a few weeks.
Mods: Please lock this thread, as I have made my purchase.
Last edited by basilmabraham : 25th July 2008 at 08:31. Reason: Few more words
|27th July 2008, 10:50||#54|
Join Date: Dec 2006
Thanked: 7,242 Times
|29th July 2008, 00:20||#55|
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Delhi
Thanked: 6 Times
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Elantra GT vs Elantra Crdi(Was skoda vs elantra)||azifali||Sedans||39||17th August 2006 12:56|
|elantra crdi gtd vs elantra crdi (leather pack)||super_700a||Sedans||3||10th August 2006 07:38|
|Elantra CRDi v/s Used Elantra CRDi v/s New Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi||lamborghini||Sedans||36||30th January 2006 00:03|