Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2008, 14:56   #31
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 23
Thanked: 0 Times
Default What is it thats special in the engine of the Vista

Hi GTO.
Thanks for your suggestion. I am a little sceptical about the Indica Vista since it has a Fiat engine. Fiat engines are known for their poor mileage though they are robust. Moreover, i would like to know if the new engine technically justifies any drastic difference in performance as compared to the normal TDI engine of the Indigo.

JustStarted,
I agree with you. The prices seem to be all over the place on the website. But if you look at it in the real sense, it seems pointless if the Indigo CS & the Indigo LS are priced equal. I would definitely assume the CS to be cheaper.

Look forward to hearing everyone`s opinions on the Indica Vista!

Cheers.
Peets.
Peets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 15:08   #32
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,749
Thanked: 89,404 Times
Default

Quote:
Thanks for your suggestion. I am a little sceptical about the Indica Vista since it has a Fiat engine. Fiat engines are known for their poor mileage though they are robust. Moreover, i would like to know if the new engine technically justifies any drastic difference in performance as compared to the normal TDI engine of the Indigo.
Hi Peets, this Fiat engine is the same that made the Swift diesel so popular. It is perfect for a hatchback and is, in fact, amongst the best small diesels in the world. Yes, it is very fuel efficient too.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 15:12   #33
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bangalore / Madras
Posts: 1,980
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Wonder how the heavier Vista will perform with the same engine compared to a lighter Swift.
hrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 15:15   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,838
Thanked: 1,318 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peets View Post
Hi GTO.
Thanks for your suggestion. I am a little sceptical about the Indica Vista since it has a Fiat engine. Fiat engines are known for their poor mileage though they are robust. Moreover, i would like to know if the new engine technically justifies any drastic difference in performance as compared to the normal TDI engine of the Indigo.
Thats the first time I've heard anyone say that ! the MJD engine give 20~25kmpl on the swift, far better than any tata engine...
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 12:26   #35
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,749
Thanked: 89,404 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Wonder how the heavier Vista will perform with the same engine compared to a lighter Swift.
Expectedly, not as sprightly since the Vista tips the scales at a full 200 kilos+. But Tata has given the Vista lower gearing for in-city performance. The initial reviews have been encouraging.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Confusion between Swift Diesel LDI and VDI Models rreddy18 Hatchbacks 42 28th August 2011 09:57
Why car cos come up with CNG models in contrast to LPG models ? mithun The Indian Car Scene 20 3rd September 2006 14:55
Confusion v/s Confusion geek Sedans 32 7th July 2006 19:23


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:53.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks