Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 29th July 2008, 19:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I will agree with all the points in this thread - accent is a step up on all, except the ride quality. It is BAD. Period.
Around a month ago, I was offered ride in a newly acquired Accent. Ride quality was not that bad and its better than Spark for city driving. However, I was driving the car.
I certainly dont know much about the rear. Based on little experience for accent and the roads I have in my locality can bring a hummer H1 to rattles, I found the ride quality to be better than Spark.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2008, 11:25   #17
Team-BHP Support

Along with friends, we had hired an Accent once for a trip. I must say, all other factors aside, getting in and out of the rear seats on the Accent is a pain.

In the current situation, it makes sense retaining the Accent. The Spark can be bought for use as a second car.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2008, 11:42   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
However, I was driving the car.
I certainly dont know much about the rear. Based on little experience for accent and the roads I have in my locality can bring a hummer H1 to rattles, I found the ride quality to be better than Spark.
Boss,
Like I said, between me and a couple other consultants, we ONLY take the NHC or the Innova, or even the Optra. NEVER the Accent. In four months in Hyd, only once was the Accent taken, that too emergency need.

And recently while finalizing purchase, I have taken the Spark offroad at 50-60 kph (complete in slum keechad etyadi. Think of your slums on the bank of Chandola (?) lake in Amdavad and you get the idea). Yes, sitting fully belted in for 5'11 person is slightly cramped for headroom in Spark, but it is better ride quality
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 10:34   #19
BHPian

If hatch is your preference then IMHO a spacious hatch like the UVA/Getz with decent boot may be a better fit.

Last edited by liberal : 1st August 2008 at 10:47.
liberal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 21:13   #20
BHPian

My wife drives a Spark and its a great city car for women, IMO. But I wouldn't recommend you getting rid of your sedan. You need a sedan for those long trips. Take a test drive of Fiesta and Aveo. The latter has a plush ride too.

BH.
BurningHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2008, 08:20   #21
BHPian

Its not the upgrading or downgrading, its your perception which is important while choosing a car. A woman who looks beautiful for someone may look ugly for another. It’s all relative.

No doubt, Spark is a wonderful car in its segment. Its build quality, control, riding comfort and fuel efficiency is excellent and GM is offering 3 years cash free maintenance. Also in a city like Chennai, a compact car gives you better control than a sedan.

I suggest you:
- List out your requirements and expectations
- Visit one Chevrolet Dealer (In Chennai TVS, Mount Road & KLM, Kilpauk)
- Do a test drive and personally experience the car
- Check whether your requirements and expectations are met
- Whatever be the outcome, take a strong decision based on your own experience and belief
- Execute your decision
sunil8089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2008, 11:03   #22
BHPian

Have you tested the Palio MJD? Its got good space, great ride and overall its a good car, although not sure about TATA's service quality and TASS network in Chennai.
AviatoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 08:38   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviatoR View Post
Have you tested the Palio MJD? Its got good space, great ride and overall its a good car, although not sure about TATA's service quality and TASS network in Chennai.
yeah the Fiat MJD is a good option too. It will give you the same sedan feel good mileage and safety.
dude131 is offline   Reply With Quote