Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 23rd August 2008, 12:10   #46

Default Cedia alpg

I suggest that you look at Cedia ALPG . The dealers are offering a hugh discount and its a great car to drive at very low costs...it gives the exclusive kick too ....:-)
ajay sarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 09:21   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by team suzuki View Post
The clucth problem in sx4 i guess is now rectified by suzuki india which was there in the first lot of sx4's i don't know of other sx4's but i do not face that problem in my car
I own SX4 2.5 months old clutch is very smooth and atleast at 110KM i cannot hear cabin noise. Gear are stiff. Plastic is horrible. Dash board plastic is good but grey color floor plastic is very cheap.It is stable. A type pillar is a problem which I faced when i was descending from hill especially at hair pin bends
aka_iitd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2008, 20:51   #48
BHPian

I have been driving Santro Automatic for 6 years now and wanted to try out a bigger car with manual transmission. I test drove both SX4 and Fiesta today back-to-back. And here are my thoughts:

- SX4 seemed easy to change gears, use of clutch et al (remember I am a newbie when it comes to manual transmission).
- Fiesta was clearly more noisy whereas SX4 was smooth and quiet
- Fiesta had better visibility
- Dont go by SX4's exterior size. Legrooms were comparable but thigh support was definitely better in SX4. I go on long drives and thigh support (seat length) is important
- Plastics and finish in SX4 is poor and Fiesta is definitely a class above
- May be I am wrong but there was no automatic door lock in Fiesta when the car is in motion. My 2003 Santro has that and I personally feel it is very very important. Even the sales person confirmed this.
- Fiesta SXi does not come with Alloy wheels. I feel Fiesta's new sport variant is better deal overall.
- No dead-pedal in Fiesta so legroom seems a little cramped

Overall I feel SX4 is better value for money.
ssriram75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 11:58   #49
BHPian

look at the negatives first:

Fiesta: bad resale, infamous Ford A*S*S, costly maintenance, poor FE.

SX4: poor quality plastics, issues with visibility (rear and A-pillars), possible rattling, poor FE.

i'd say go for Honda City either the current one or wait for the "New" version with paddle shift.

Linea is also a mouthwatering possibility.
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 12:59   #50
BHPian

Go for the Fiesta and wait for the 1.6 diesel or the Chevy optra magnum if you can stretch your budget. Fiat Linea also sounds good if and when it arrives.
wolg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2008, 13:20   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Rear space is non-existent in a Fiesta. So please rule that out. Wait for the new city, I would recommend
I dont agree with at all. I have a Fiesta and it has ample space for 2 big adults.... And u have a arm rest too.
pramod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2008, 20:00   #52
BHPian

Default Awesome Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramod View Post
I dont agree with at all. I have a Fiesta and it has ample space for 2 big adults.... And u have a arm rest too.

The fiesta has got a great handling. I have seen this on the ECR from Pondicherry to Mahabalipuram in my cousin's car. At every corner I had to put a light brake on my XETA and I see the Fiesta infront of me does not need any braking at 80-90kmph. Thats jus superb. Compare a Verna here, it jus hops and hops on bad roads, a very bumpy ride it has got.
anup7649 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2008, 20:50   #53
Senior - BHPian

Petertheo, I would also suggest that you should wait a little for the new launches in this segment, namely the Linea, the new Honda City, the new Cedia and the new Indigo.

Just incase its not feasible to hold off on the purchase, would suggest considering the Logan Edge. Its exremely good VFM, and you get safety features such as ABS, EBD, Airbags etc... for a steal. Couple that with excellent ride quality for those dirt roads, and you've got a winner.
Lalvaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2008, 16:59   #54
BHPian

Hi

dunno if you have already purchased ....I was in a similar situation a few months back and I ultimately went with the heart

The subject line of your thread says it ....you have done the analysis etc so basically its time to take the plunge.

the reason I went with the heart ie fiesta petrol was the sheer driving pleasure - infact its one of those rare instances when a company has got its tag line correct.

and regarding repairs , A.S.S. etc ....the way I look at is that given the traffic conditions after 3 years one will be lucky to have a car in mint condition ...and anyways who knows the future ...god forbid someone bangs into the car while its parked while one is buying samosa's etc

so I took the decision looking at today and todays enjoyment ...

cheers
ta1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2008, 17:23   #55
Senior - BHPian

Well, you now have a 3rd option - the ANHC with an attractive ex-showroom price! Has ABS & Airbags so should suit you just fine. On-road price will be above the 9 lacs that you've mentioned for the 1.5S but I would think it may be worth your while to check it out.

No alloys or leather though............

Last edited by suman : 25th September 2008 at 17:26.
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2008, 01:41   #56
BHPian

Quote:
The fiesta has got a great handling. I have seen this on the ECR from Pondicherry to Mahabalipuram in my cousin's car. At every corner I had to put a light brake on my XETA and I see the Fiesta infront of me does not need any braking at 80-90kmph. Thats jus superb.
i agree. if the road is clear with no vehicle ahead, its simply cruising with ease at corners.
benkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2008, 18:07   #57
BHPian

Hi Folks, I need your help here.
Somehow I am in the same predicament, my heart says Fiesta 1.6S, my Wife says SX4.
I took lady love for the test drive of the ford fiesta and the SX4, I flipped on the 1.6S especially the smooth engine. Today wifey and I both TD'ed the SX4 and wifey somehow likes the SX4 better.
Now somehow I hate the quality of the plastic interiors in the SX4, but I guess I can always redo the door paddings and get it leather covered (though a hit on the wallet).
I'm fine with a car as long as it gives me a minimum of 10kmpl in city, a lot of fiesta owners on the forum have mentioned they get atleast that much, but a lot of SX4 owners complain of mileage lower than 10kmpl. I wonder what it actually is.
The Fiesta also seems great to drive, the SX4 isn't as inspiring. Maruti has got an excellent A**, I used to own a maruti once upon a time. I'm wondering how the Ford A** is in Pune and also the maintenance costs of the Fiesta v/s the SX4.
Please feel free to pass your comments. Thanks.
autoenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2008, 18:22   #58
Senior - BHPian

well bro, Fiesta S is an awesome car and is a pleasure to drive. Sx4 hmm well it just doesnt do it for me.
Maruti A.S.S is great as we all know and their spareparts would be cheaper than any other vehicle no doubts.
I own a ford (2 ikons actually ) and a lot of fellow owners dont find it all that bad.
Some owners,Speculators and ppl who have known people who have known people owning fords think so otherwise

I would say convince the wifey (cant really say go and get it without her approval ) and get the Fiesta
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2008, 18:29   #59
BHPian

Autoenthusiast, I have always been an admirer of the muscular SX4 looks and the commanding seat position. But after taking a few TDs and some feedback from friends , I decided against this because
a) The car was a bit of a pain to drive in traffic because of poor low end grunt.
b) The interiors & plastics are average at best. For eg, feel the plastic lever used for seat adjustment. It doesn't have a C segment feel inside.

The Fiesta is a pleasure to drive in comparison. Hence it was Fiesta for me. And the mileage is around 10km which is ok.
Do check out on After Sales in Pune with forum members here.
sridharps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2008, 18:45   #60
BHPian

I'm fine with a car as long as it gives me a minimum of 10kmpl in city, a lot of fiesta owners on the forum have mentioned they get atleast that much, but a lot of SX4 owners complain of mileage lower than 10kmpl. I wonder what it actually is.
The Fiesta also seems great to drive, the SX4 isn't as inspiring. Maruti has got an excellent A**, I used to own a maruti once upon a time. I'm wondering how the Ford A** is in Pune and also the maintenance costs of the Fiesta v/s the SX4.
Please feel free to pass your comments. Thanks.[/quote]

The SX4 is indeed a very good looking car and comes packed with features, specially the ZXI version, excellent service back up as well.

Fiesta on the other hand is an excellent handler, amazing road behavior and will gratify the driver in you for a long time to come, I would say follow your heart go for the S. Go Fida.
honda.sanjay is offline   Reply With Quote