Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 28th October 2008, 13:52   #46

I really don't think It makes sense to buy a car in this segment now without airbags. The new City has it, the Fiesta S has it, maybe a few months ago when we didn't have choice on this, Verna would be a contender but now with ANHC and Fiesta S both with airbags and Linea expected soon, some versions with 6 airbags, Verna ceases to be a contender without airbags. This is not a feature, its essential. Safety first.
raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2008, 16:11   #47

this is coming from an owner of an vtec plus .i got it last year as soon as it was launched
i had issues with the brakes from day 1 ( thats a different story though and in a different thread)..but overall satisfied with everything else .
i have smoked many cars in the past 1 year( including some in a higher class)
but yesterday i drove a car which i feel could easily smoke mine ( haven't had a oppurtunity to go head to head with it yet)
its the brand new verna crdi of my pal
man what awesome power .
not only was the pull from 0-100 great(does anyone know the time)it kept on pulling beyond 120-130 also ..
and the brakes are fab .dead on stop.
i'll report back after a drag with it ..but has anyone tried this experiment ..anyone ,shrey,sameel ?is verna crdi clearly more powerful than vtec
( i know the petrol verna is not as i had TD it last yeaR)
Nik9912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 12:02   #48
Default ANHC Vs verna

hey Nik9912,

Thanks for your thoughts... now we have established that verna crdi is faster than NHC vtech .. now the next question is ... is Verna Crdi .. faster than the ANHC .. i have got ..contrasting reviews... anyone please let me know the conparision between the two
gouravsinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 15:28   #49
Senior - BHPian

They both have around 110BHP. The Verna will feel faster due to it having the diesel torque pull. They both have okayish interiors. Hyundai will always be better VFM than Honda. If you want a diesel, get a Verna. If you want petrol, get a ANHC.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 15:33   #50
Senior - BHPian

I will admit I havent read through this thread completely... here's my 0.02 paise : I dont like the gearing of Verna for daily city driving (I used it on a daily basis for less than a week).

Have no experience with the NHC so cant comment.
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 15:54   #51

the picture will be like this 0-100kmph the verna and ANHC will be a close call. in most probablty the ANHC will be better this is the speculation ! not yet established.
but yes from my personel experience. i have seen all the hondas moving like crazy from start ( obviuosly they are petrol engine powered - read high reving and will reach hundred faster and besides i NEVER RIP my verna in first gear had a bad experience due to the torque pull my head went and banged the head rest. so i have stopped that foolish stunt now.) once i am in second gear and floor the acc pedal. all i can see is my car gaining on the so called hondas like crazy!! by the time i engage fourth gear i am already on the dangerous side of 110kmph . and way ahead of the opposition!! and yes i never bother to slow down although the other guy is way behind me. i keep it safe and sane at around 180-200kmph!

not interested in pushing my luck anyways.
the toughest competetion has been from the OHC Vtec and 1.5 guys they never learn!! ( read lack of rear discs and ABS!!)
after 100kmph i have smoked a city OHC VTEC ( i say this because i over-taked him at around 110kmph in third gear!!) i didnt bother to slow down went to a 180kmph! thing is he was visible in my rear view mirror till 140kmph or so i guess. then either he gave up or i was too fast for him. by the time i was at 180kmph his car was a little small dot on the rear view mirror

this was like a month ago if i rememeber right.
sameel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 17:14   #52
Senior - BHPian

jjeezzzzz 180 - 200 kmph thats over 100 mph. do take care and thats a nice tone for reply
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote