Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

View Poll Results: Doew buying accent (5.1 lacs on road) make sense?
Yes, its a true VFM car 35 77.78%
VFM my foot, the car can be phased out any time 9 20.00%
I am too confused to vote 1 2.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21st May 2009, 17:35   #46
Senior - BHPian

they are simply milking the brand for what it is worth - Hyundai Accent may not be a highly inspiring vehicle or a highly aspirational one for some people, but undoubtedly it offers phenomenal space, comfort, value for money, ease of maintenance, reliability, Fuel efficiency and quite a lot of toys at the price it comes at. For many people it is the ideal family car. (frankly its low stance and low seating position is the only drawback with that car - especially when it comes to older people) otherwise it is bang on target - and the price is well worth it.

I mean, if Maruti can continue milking the dear old 800 for what it is worth even after so many years, then why should Hyundai not do the same?
Similarly Ford Ikon - 1.3 Flair or whatever avatar it is sold in, nowadays - is doing exactly the same thing.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 22:53   #47
Senior - BHPian

So if you want a trouble free car for the price then i am sure accent will do her duty.If you have other things in mind i dont know about how much she would deliver.Overall accent is very good IMHO.

ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 23:45   #48
BHPian

Unfortunately the poll is closed, otherwise I would have voted against the Hyundai Accident. It handles sloppily, has an underpowered engine (I doubt if it produces 94 Bhp firstly) and a flimsy chassis.
The Ikon is also terribly outdated, but at least it excels in handling and spaciousness and feels well built.
thermalpaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 00:54   #49
BHPian

Me & my brother both have an Accent, the 1.5 GLS both December 2000 bought on the same day (9th year in the running).

I've done 1,04,139 kms as of today! his is retrofitted CNG since 60,000 kms, Has run roughly 1,25,000 kms. Both still look pretty good

PRO's
Superb A/C, Ride(Comfort), easy on the wallet + 2nd largest service network, decent mileage 11-13 (city) 14-16 (highway), enough power for the city decent cruiser, features, resale, Good family car.

CON's
low back seat, lack of ABS n Airbags (even as options), not for the enthusiast.
maglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 13:05   #50
Senior - BHPian

Handling depends a lot on the drivers style and sense of driving. Even in terms of power, I have driven the car upto 145 on NH8 Gurgaon with absolutely no trouble or vibration at all. I could have easily gone for more, but did not want to do something foolish.

The chassis is also of sound build quality and so is the NVH levels. I agree it is not tomb like quite, but pretty good none the less.

I agree with Maglev, the car should have had ABS
thedreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 14:26   #51
BHPian

Default the Vibes

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Handling depends a lot on the drivers style and sense of driving. Even in terms of power, I have driven the car upto 145 on NH8 Gurgaon with absolutely no trouble or vibration at all. I could have easily gone for more, but did not want to do something foolish.
The chassis is also of sound build quality and so is the NVH levels. I agree it is not tomb like quite, but pretty good none the less.
I agree with Maglev, the car should have had ABS
Didn't face vibration uptill 160kmph, beyond that it did vibrate on the stock rubber. So got myself 15 inch Maxxis MA Z1
NVH levels are best in class, its any day a quieter car in comparison to the iKON, Dezire. Also the Interior is Rattle Free even
after so many years & a lac+ odometer reading.
maglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2009, 01:01   #52
BHPian

IMO accent is a clear winner in its segment (accent, ikon, Dzire,logan)

the only thing can go ahead is fiesta with price cut.

the only con of accent is its so called low FE (9-10 in city, AC on).
loving_alaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 15:12   #53
BHPian

Does the Accent Executive make more sense or Accent Executive Eco (FF LPG) ? The petrol FE is 9. Any pointers to the LPG FE? Will it be same?
p'arth is offline   Reply With Quote