Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2008, 17:13   #46
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Goa
Posts: 417
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Because in India people care more about the Brands then the VFM products
That's a true statement. Looking at the features and the price, I still feel Honda could have done better. Alloys could have been thrown in along with wider tyres instead of the skinny ones given today. I wonder how much a manufacturer would actually lose if they gave 195 profile tyres instead of 175 profile ones. Maybe I'm wrong and it's not just the few hundred quid that they consider but also possibly the wee bit of less mileage with wider tyres ? Another thing that's very irritating nowadays is that you very rarely ever get a car fully loaded inspite of the price you pay. One of the reasons I feel the Ford 1.6S and the SX4 ZXI are value for money, they come with most of what you could ask (Though a Honda engine would be always better).
autoenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 17:24   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
PatienceWins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,159
Thanked: 261 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
My friend, people also felt the same about the 2nd Gen dolphin shaped city (the first iDSI), but it still sold like hotcakes
It sold like hotcakes eventhough people were not happy with it. Honda sells somehow!!
PatienceWins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 18:01   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,226
Thanked: 578 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
That's a true statement. Looking at the features and the price, I still feel Honda could have done better. Alloys could have been thrown in along with wider tyres instead of the skinny ones given today. I wonder how much a manufacturer would actually lose if they gave 195 profile tyres instead of 175 profile ones. Maybe I'm wrong and it's not just the few hundred quid that they consider but also possibly the wee bit of less mileage with wider tyres ? Another thing that's very irritating nowadays is that you very rarely ever get a car fully loaded inspite of the price you pay. One of the reasons I feel the Ford 1.6S and the SX4 ZXI are value for money, they come with most of what you could ask (Though a Honda engine would be always better).
I agree. Though Honda engine mite be better than them still IMO they both remain true VFM products. Like people may go gung ho about Swift Vdi's torque and stuff but IMO Vista still remains best VFM.
It is indeed quiet irritating seeing Manufacturers taking Consumers on a ride by not giving all the desired features when they take the desired money.
harry10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 18:03   #49
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,460 Times
Default

Definitely the new Honda City.

Its much better built and has much better engine and features than the Sx4.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 22:49   #50
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Goa
Posts: 417
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Definitely the new Honda City.

Its much better built and has much better engine and features than the Sx4.
Well I beg to differ my friend, I still feel Honda tightened their purse strings when it comes to giving features and VFM to the buyer. I'm not a SX4 fan (have settled on buying the Fiesta 1.6S) but there are couple of features that the ANHC doesn't have and that the SX4 has.
1. Alloy Wheels.
2. Wider tyres (the ones with the ANHC are a squib).
3. Leather Interiors.
4. CD player (Well for us IT savvy folks a USB port might be a great help, no need to cut CD's anymore, but imagine the poor folks who aren't as IT savvy, I feel this is nothing but a cost cut back) What stopped Honda from giving a CD player with a USB port ? (just cost my friend, just cost).
5. Fog lamps.
6. and there would be a couple more.
7. Door mounted rear speakers in the Honda ? Duh, now why would they do that ? IMHO the best effect would be with the rear speakers in the rear where they should actually be.
8. and there would be a few more, SX4 owners would be able to identify each.
Overall the ANHC would have a delightful engine, but is what they are offering really worth the amount of quid they are gonna drain from your wallet ? In my opinion I don't feel so.
autoenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 22:58   #51
BHPian
 
Path_Finder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 623
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Well I beg to differ my friend, I still feel Honda tightened their purse strings when it comes to giving features and VFM to the buyer. I'm not a SX4 fan (have settled on buying the Fiesta 1.6S) but there are couple of features that the ANHC doesn't have and that the SX4 has.
1. Alloy Wheels.
2. Wider tyres (the ones with the ANHC are a squib).
3. Leather Interiors.
4. CD player (Well for us IT savvy folks a USB port might be a great help, no need to cut CD's anymore, but imagine the poor folks who aren't as IT savvy, I feel this is nothing but a cost cut back) What stopped Honda from giving a CD player with a USB port ? (just cost my friend, just cost).
5. Fog lamps.
6. and there would be a couple more.
7. Door mounted rear speakers in the Honda ? Duh, now why would they do that ? IMHO the best effect would be with the rear speakers in the rear where they should actually be.
8. and there would be a few more, SX4 owners would be able to identify each.
Overall the ANHC would have a delightful engine, but is what they are offering really worth the amount of quid they are gonna drain from your wallet ? In my opinion I don't feel so.
Add the Automatic Climate Control and the Maruti Service - And it all comes at lesser cost.
Path_Finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 23:12   #52
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Goa
Posts: 417
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
Add the Automatic Climate Control and the Maruti Service - And it all comes at lesser cost.
, dunno how I missed that one, and since this is specifically an ANHC v/s SX4 thread, I won't quote the advantages/additional features that the Fiesta 1.6S has over the ANHC
autoenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 12:30   #53
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,763
Thanked: 89,535 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
2. Wider tyres (the ones with the ANHC are a squib).
That's only to maintain high FE numbers; ever wonder why most Marutis come under-tyred? I was pleasantly surprised at the SX4s tyre size. But that is also a contributor to its relatively low FE.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 13:00   #54
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Goa
Posts: 417
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
That's only to maintain high FE numbers; ever wonder why most Marutis come under-tyred? I was pleasantly surprised at the SX4s tyre size. But that is also a contributor to its relatively low FE.
Yes I guessed as much, but cost too would play a role right ?

GTO, based on your experience any idea what's the normal difference/variation in mileage from one width of tyres to the next ? Maybe 175 to 185 to 195 ?
autoenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 13:08   #55
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,460 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
, dunno how I missed that one, and since this is specifically an ANHC v/s SX4 thread, I won't quote the advantages/additional features that the Fiesta 1.6S has over the ANHC

In past 3 years there are 2 facelifts and changes the Fiesta has undergone.

There are news even furthermore changes in the Fiesta in the near future.

that Fiesta has a good engine with a great FE, but still it's better not to buy something thats getting obsolete.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 13:43   #56
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Goa
Posts: 417
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
In past 3 years there are 2 facelifts and changes the Fiesta has undergone.

There are news even furthermore changes in the Fiesta in the near future.

that Fiesta has a good engine with a great FE, but still it's better not to buy something thats getting obsolete.
Folks, my apologies I know this one is out of topic, but couldn't resist.

Pavan, who told you that the Fiesta is going to undergo more changes in the near future ? They just had a face lift in June this year. Do you have concrete information or you are just following a rumor ?

Secondly the car is anything but "getting obsolete", it was just launched in Y2006. Newly launched cars don't get obsolete in 2 - 3 years.
autoenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 14:25   #57
BHPian
 
Path_Finder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 623
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
In past 3 years there are 2 facelifts and changes the Fiesta has undergone.

There are news even furthermore changes in the Fiesta in the near future.

that Fiesta has a good engine with a great FE, but still it's better not to buy something thats getting obsolete.
Would you not think that the City will have facelifts going forward. With so many obvious features missing, the City is a perfect candicate for ongoing facelifts. Honda is just cashing on the initial europhia with present versions and they know lot of blind faith persons will fall for it. When the sales drop they will also bring facelifts.
Path_Finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 14:33   #58
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Goa
Posts: 417
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
Would you not think that the City will have facelifts going forward. With so many obvious features missing, the City is a perfect candicate for ongoing facelifts. Honda is just cashing on the initial europhia with present versions and they know lot of blind faith persons will fall for it. When the sales drop they will also bring facelifts.
I agree, and that's what Honda also did on the model that's on it's way out. They first had the refreshed look launched which looked better and more digestible than the dolphin shape and later they also launched the 10th anniversary edition.
I'm sure Honda's going to do the same with the ANHC too, though it might not be immediate, but definitely in 2 years time, otherwise they just won't be able to keep up with the competition.

Secondly if we all delay our purchase on buying a new vehicle cos of these reasons we'll never end up buying a car.
autoenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2008, 20:31   #59
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 113
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayaksudhir View Post
Hi Guys,

This weekend I went to Ace Honda in Noida to see the ANHC. I must say the excitement was not worth it. The car has just been re-invented as far as the exteriors are concerned. The interiors are a let down, both in terms of quality and space. The honda philisophy os 'MMMM' (Man Maximum Machine Minimum) is not visible anywhere in the car. Some observations:
  1. The rear seat is totally cramped and knee room is minimal. Plus the foot space under the front seat is sloped which can be good for a person with japanese dimensions, however a 6 footer has no space to park his feet while in the rear seat.
    One unusual thing I noticed is the knee room which is not more than 6 inches. This is still ok, but when I opened the engine hood I was shocked to see almost 1 foot free space between the engine and the radiator/bumper! ! ! Can honda please explain this? One small dog can easily sleep in this space!
    I am unable to understand why 6 inches knee room for rear passanger and 1 foot free space under the hood. BHPians must have a look at this aspect and enlighten us
  2. The rear seats do not split fold as in the thai version.
  3. The finish quality, especially in hidden places (boot closing lines, fender welding) reeks of mediocrity not expected in a 9 lac rupee car. Your comments on this please...
Apart from this standard observations (lack of alloys, Low GC) etc I dont want to include here but the car overall was a damp squib.

Sudhir
hi,
only one point, please recommend a better car in this class without any of the defects you have so nicely pointed out. there will be none which is why Honda sells cars at a premium and gets away with it.
regards,
f50xj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2008, 14:06   #60
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,763
Thanked: 89,535 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
GTO, based on your experience any idea what's the normal difference/variation in mileage from one width of tyres to the next ? Maybe 175 to 185 to 195 ?
Pretty significant, I'd say. Most of us who have upsized +1 / more have seen our FE drop by anywhere between .5 - .75 kpl. In fact, some have even reported an FE loss of 1 kpl with rubber that 20mm (or more) thicker. I have always insisted that the new Honda City will NOT be as fuel-efficient as the NHC. The latest OD report seems to reflect that...the difference between the SX4s & ANHCs mileage was only about .6 in the city. Now consider that the SX4 is riding on much fatter rubber....

Last edited by GTO : 25th October 2008 at 14:08.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New SX4 VXi vs. 2005 Honda City GXi ?? - SX4 NPV is higher!! complexroots Sedans 13 10th November 2008 20:58
honda city v-tec plus (june 2008 launch) or new honda city (Oct 2008 launch)? nnandi Sedans 16 28th October 2008 17:03
2008 New Honda City karanraheja The Indian Car Scene 139 18th July 2008 17:03
My new Honda City ZX CVT 2008 jacobgeorge Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 22 18th January 2008 15:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:10.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks