Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 7th November 2008, 18:39   #151
BHPian

Hey Congrats Glenn and Karan for your new car.
Guys i have one doubt,our serivce engineer mention that 0-100 will be less than 11sec for Fiesta S.Is it true?
jerish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2008, 18:59   #152
Senior - BHPian

question: is the new ford fiesta blue the exact same blue as the subaru? one quick glance of the new color makes it look like the subaru! nice ride though. congrats!
9thsphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2008, 19:33   #153
BHPian

I am actually amused to see this All New Honda City vs Fiesta thread fully turning out to be a "All New Fiesta Owners" thread. Way to go guys!!

Congrats all - Sathee46, Ssriram, Sachu, Jerish666, karan_parkash, JRD, Glenn, autoenthusiast (Did I miss someone?)cheers: And who is next?
Path_Finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2008, 20:38   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
I am actually amused to see this All New Honda City vs Fiesta thread fully turning out to be a "All New Fiesta Owners" thread. Way to go guys!!

Congrats all - Sathee46, Ssriram, Sachu, Jerish666, karan_parkash, JRD, Glenn, autoenthusiast (Did I miss someone?)cheers: And who is next?
actually yes you are right.All New Fiesta Owners especially Fiesta S.
Guys welcome to the Fiesta Club.
Karan please post your balck fiesta S pictures.Once again congrats to all.
jerish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2008, 22:32   #155

Smile

Well jerish congrats to you too & all the proud owners of the S. Regarding the 0-100 time maybe they could be right because I feel the car looks faster than what the figures indicate so will test & note the same soon.

Yes 9thsphinx on close comparison the Subaru & the S share the same colour but under different names as Blue Mica for the Subaru & Aquarius for the S.

Yep pathfinder,jerish I guess a brand new thread is desperately needed because we will always have so much to say.cheers:

Guys I just have 1 picture at the moment but will put up a few very soon.
Attached Thumbnails
New Honda City or Ford Fiesta 1.6S-dsc09169.jpg  

karan_parkash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 13:06   #156
BHPian

Hi All,

I own a Santro for the past 7 years and was planning for a Sedan for quite sometime now. I was doing Lots of Research, reading Lots of Threads, Reviews, etc., etc., and have Test Driven Fiesta 1.6S, Fiesta 1.6SXI, Suzuki SX4 and Aveo 1.6LT. To be honest, I am also one among the many to have waited for AHNC and got disappointed with it (Both price as well as features) and decided against Honda for the time being.

My Dad didnt like the Rear Seat comfort of 1.6S and Hence compromised on 1.6SXI for the Leather seat comfort. SX4 and Aveo didnt matched the Driving comfort or Interiors of Fiesta. External apperance also, Fiesta Looks much better for me. Though some of you may disagree with me :-)

After All the discounts and Bargains, All these cars are available between 7.8L (SXI) to 8.0L (SX4) Range OTR.

Hoping to take a decision on Monday(10/11/2008) mostly in favour of Fiesta.
SX4 guys are offering Mapmyindia Navigator Free. Planning to push the same with Fiesta people and Close the Deal with them.

Am really thankful to lots of you for all your reviews, feedbacks, comments etc.,

Will Keep posted on the developments. Thanks once again.
dskumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 14:02   #157
Senior - BHPian

dskumar--wish you all the best. I agree with your dad's views on the rear seat of the Fiesta S vis-a-vis the sxi.
...And welcome to the Fiesta 1.6 club!
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 17:17   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Guys, I went for the pre-delivery check today. Checked the car at the dealers stockyard. All seemed good. The dealer's started the RTO registration process and I should get delivery tomorrow.

Here are the first few pictures of the car, since I took them from my cellphone the picture quality won't be very high.
Nice Color and it looks good on a Fiesta. You should consider adding a side scratch bar (or whatever it's called) on the doors, without that, the side profile looks rather blunt in my opinion. I always liked those bars and thought they kind of broke the monotony and added a character to the side view.
nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2008, 12:56   #159
BHPian

This has been a very useful thread for me. I am also in the same dilemma with respect to ANHC vs Ford vs SX4 vs Optra. Atleast the point about the VFM criteria not being met by the ANHC is clear to me. Thanks.
raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2008, 17:21   #160
BHPian

Quote:
me toooooo! a very happy 2 week old SXi owner..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskumar View Post
My Dad didnt like the Rear Seat comfort of 1.6S and Hence compromised on 1.6SXI for the Leather seat comfort. ............
i dont think its a compromise...
S is great due to its exterior looks..
SXi is better due to feel & comfort of interiors..
fit alloys to the SXi and it Rocks!
libocta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2008, 21:27   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libocta View Post
One to you too libocta! And you too dskumar!

Quote:
yes it is no compromise. It would have been good if Fiesta has brought out something combining the best of both S & SXi but they are afraid of the added cost that might take the vehicle out the VFM bracket.
Path_Finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2008, 12:14   #162
oss
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats all - Sathee46, Ssriram, Sachu, Jerish666, karan_parkash, JRD, Glenn, autoenthusiast (Did I miss someone?) And who is next?
Well, i too have dropped ANHC from the shortlist. I am looking at Fiesta SXi and am seriously considering a used Corolla H2

If i could get a 2 yr old Corolla that has done less than 20k kms, in about 7-8 lakh range, then i will go for it; else Fiesta SXi for me.

What say you guys?
oss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2008, 13:21   #163
BHPian

Fiesta SXi's interiors looks and feels great but I'm not convinced most of us can keep the biege interiors clean for long. There will be stains and leather would absorb any liquid stain and will be a bit tough to maintain. and I don't like the dark fake wood trim either.

We can always add a seat cover to the S and ford has leather option for around 11K, After market should be cheaper and we can also look up art leather or leather feel cloth seat covers.

The side strip costs 7K with that chrome strip and I have asked for the strip with out the strip @ 3.5K

Fiesta either way seems to be the car to go for in the segment regardless of SXI or S

Hopefully I will get the S in a couple of weeks time.
marlinspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2008, 14:21   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskumar View Post
Hi All,

I own a Santro for the past 7 years and was planning for a Sedan for quite sometime now. I was doing Lots of Research, reading Lots of Threads, Reviews, etc., etc., and have Test Driven Fiesta 1.6S, Fiesta 1.6SXI, Suzuki SX4 and Aveo 1.6LT. To be honest, I am also one among the many to have waited for AHNC and got disappointed with it (Both price as well as features) and decided against Honda for the time being.

My Dad didnt like the Rear Seat comfort of 1.6S and Hence compromised on 1.6SXI for the Leather seat comfort. SX4 and Aveo didnt matched the Driving comfort or Interiors of Fiesta. External apperance also, Fiesta Looks much better for me. Though some of you may disagree with me :-)

After All the discounts and Bargains, All these cars are available between 7.8L (SXI) to 8.0L (SX4) Range OTR.

Hoping to take a decision on Monday(10/11/2008) mostly in favour of Fiesta.
SX4 guys are offering Mapmyindia Navigator Free. Planning to push the same with Fiesta people and Close the Deal with them.

Am really thankful to lots of you for all your reviews, feedbacks, comments etc.,

Will Keep posted on the developments. Thanks once again.
Well, I have finally Decided and Booked a Fiesta 1.6SXI (Platinum color).

Taking Delivery on 27th of this Month.

Thanks to all who directly or indirectly supported me in making this decision.
Old 11th November 2008, 14:22   #165
BHPian

Quote:

That is true libocta.
Am planning to change to Alloys, after taking delivery.

Would be needing forumers advice in buying good Alloys.