Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 11th November 2008, 14:37   #166
BHPian

Congratulations Dskumar. Great choice. The Fiesta 1.6 petrol is an awesome car (whether SXI or Sport). I went in for the Sport.
The cars got exceptional handling and an amazing engine.
autoenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2008, 14:49   #167
BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Congratulations Dskumar. Great choice. The Fiesta 1.6 petrol is an awesome car (whether SXI or Sport). I went in for the Sport.
The cars got exceptional handling and an amazing engine.
spreading the good word already i see did you get your delivery - where are the pics
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2008, 15:26   #168
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Its flooded with Fiesta Bookings!! What happened to New City?? This thread may be renamed to Fiesta S vs Fiesta SXI the way its going right now.

OT :
What happens to SX4 now?
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2008, 17:37   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
spreading the good word already i see did you get your delivery - where are the pics
Hey Jassi, yes I got my delivery on Friday evening. Pictures shall be posted soon (been too busy driving the beauty ), have first got to charge my camera battery, gonna do it now.

The 1.6S is an awesome car, read my initial review in the below link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...esta-1-6s.html (Finally my new Fiesta 1.6S)
Old 11th November 2008, 19:54   #170
BHPian

Default Do we merge/create a consolidate 1.6S owners thread ?

Edit - Oops read the above as "consolidated"

Hey Guys,

Here's the count as of now.

Current T-bhp 1.6S owners:
1. Sathee46
2. Ssriram
3. Sachu
4. Jerish666
5. Autoenthusiast

Since each one of us has opened an ownership thread on the 1.6S or on the way to open one, I was wondering if it would make sense to open a consolidated thread for "Ownership Reviews Fiesta 1.6S".
(Mods might need your help on this one) --> We can then either post (Our individual reviews) or merge our existing threads(With the Mods help) into this consolidated thread.
This would be a single source for all 1.6S related ownership reviews. What do you feel ?

Last edited by autoenthusiast : 11th November 2008 at 19:55. Reason: Highlighted the spelling mistake
Old 11th November 2008, 19:59   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Edit - Oops read the above as "consolidated"

Hey Guys,

Here's the count as of now.

Current T-bhp 1.6S owners:
1. Sathee46
2. Ssriram
3. Sachu
4. Jerish666
5. Autoenthusiast

Since each one of us has opened an ownership thread on the 1.6S or on the way to open one, I was wondering if it would make sense to open a consolidated thread for "Ownership Reviews Fiesta 1.6S".
(Mods might need your help on this one) --> We can then either post (Our individual reviews) or merge our existing threads(With the Mods help) into this consolidated thread.
This would be a single source for all 1.6S related ownership reviews. What do you feel ?
Mods i think its a good idea.So all the Fiesta S will be on a single thread.
jerish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2008, 20:05   #172
BHPian

Quote:
I was wondering if it would make sense to open a consolidated thread for "Ownership Reviews Fiesta 1.6S".
Oh and btw, to rephrase the above, that was something that Jerish and I were wondering when we spoke earlier today.

Last edited by autoenthusiast : 11th November 2008 at 20:09.
Old 11th November 2008, 21:57   #173
BHPian

The side strips may not protect from scratches. In fact in Bangalore I see scratches and dents at the oddest of places.

I really feel that not having side strips gives the car a very sporty look whereas the stripes give a more executive sort of look. So the choice should be personal.
ssriram75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2008, 21:59   #174
BHPian

Sounds like a great idea. I am planning to post a 2000Km drive report. Good mix of lovely highway drives (BLR-Chennai, ECR, BLR-Mysore stretches). And poor pothole ridden slow city traffic in BLR.
ssriram75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 00:18   #175
BHPian

Quote:
One consolidated thread please... else you guys will hijack every other thread
Path_Finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 13:22   #176
BHPian

Yes a consolidated thread would be better
sathee46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 14:42   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
I read a Fiesta S Vs ANHC comparo in TopGear. TopGear says though ANHC has a higher power, it is slow-revving and does not have a 'soul'

Fiesta, with almost twenty horses down won the comparo. I think ANHC will face the same fate as Civic - Will sell great for some time and sales will come down (like Civic sales down now) [I know Civic was launched 3 years ago, and was selling like hot cakes till very recently]

I think guys who switched to Fiesta S from ANHC (…) should be very happy souls
One more to you guys.. Ahead of the curve!

Last edited by Path_Finder : 12th November 2008 at 14:43.
Old 12th November 2008, 14:49   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
One more to you guys.. Ahead of the curve!
Thats really nice.Fiesta S has a revvy engine.
Guys please someone confirm 0-100 of fiesta S.I dont think so it is 11.43 sec,most probably it is less than that.
jerish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 14:58   #179
BHPian

Mods pls change the thread name to New Ford Fiesta 1.6S a friend who wanted to know what tbhp had to say in a sort of comparison. Gave me a call and said that we better change the thread name cause he didn't find it useful but thought it had a lot of valuable info on the Fiesta.

Last edited by johnda : 12th November 2008 at 15:00.
johnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 15:12   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
Mods pls change the thread name to New Ford Fiesta 1.6S a friend who wanted to know what tbhp had to say in a sort of comparison. Gave me a call and said that we better change the thread name cause he didn't find it useful but thought it had a lot of valuable info on the Fiesta.
No. This is still a comparison thread. Initialy it was ANHC thrill. Now Fiesta rules. But as ANHC actual TD reports and user reviews start coming in, things can change.