Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 12th November 2008, 17:35   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
No. This is still a comparison thread. Initialy it was ANHC thrill. Now Fiesta rules. But as ANHC actual TD reports and user reviews start coming in, things can change.
well I guess then eventually it'll be the decider thread. like maybe in march next year after user reviews for the 3GHC also come in. well we'll wait and see huh?.
johnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2008, 10:12   #182
BHPian

I read the latest November issue of Top Gear. This is the first time I ever picked the mag (usually used to opt for AC/OD), mainly becos I saw the comparison being featured on the cover page.

They have pitted the ANHC and the Fiesta 1.6S against each other, and the 1.6S is the one that they have clearly voted for.
They also feel the Honda City engine runs out of breath and goes chicken on you flapping it's wings and squawking hysterically after 3500 rpm, whereas as per them the Fiesta 1.6S is a gem of an engine, a truly free spirited tourquey little monster.
Also the Fiesta is supposed to be a pure drivers cars with awesome handling when compared to the ANHC, they feel that the suspension changes in the 1.6S have worked wonders for the cars handling.
Both cars have their pros and cons, but the 1.6S seems to have a definite edge over the ANHC.
Guys, pick the Nov issue of the TG mag up and read the review, it seemed to be pretty neutral and unbiased. Would definitely help a lot of you decide between these 2 cars.

Kudos to the Top Gear team.

Last edited by autoenthusiast : 13th November 2008 at 10:13. Reason: spelling
autoenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2008, 23:35   #183
BHPian

The new fiesta 1.6s is a truly amazing car.The stock engine revving sound is addictive.it really performs and handles well too.though its got a rear torsion bar suspension.It smoked civic,cedia,swift and palio 1.6 in the chennai race track(As per Autocar anniversary edition).Wow beating a civic i'am sure it can take on th new honda city on track.
Baleno_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 19:47   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baleno_boy View Post
The new fiesta 1.6s is a truly amazing car.The stock engine revving sound is addictive.it really performs and handles well too.though its got a rear torsion bar suspension.It smoked civic,cedia,swift and palio 1.6 in the chennai race track(As per Autocar anniversary edition).Wow beating a civic i'am sure it can take on th new honda city on track.
^^ Reality Check. How many of us drive on tracks? Our daily drive is on roads that cant be even considered to be called roads in most countries. What one needs is comfort, mileage, boot space, leg room, thigh support, automatic trans (if possible) and enough power on the tap for the occasional adrenaline rush one might have from time to time. ANHC is more than capable in all these aspects.

Dont let the automakers take you for a ride by providing the same old car with same old engine, suspension etc. with new interiors and bumper and an "S" badge and good advertising. There is nothing NEW about Fiesta S that Fiesta 1.6 didnt have.

Last edited by aseem : 14th November 2008 at 19:51.
aseem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 20:37   #185
BHPian

The race track report quoted by Baleno_boy has no real meaning. It looks like a brought out report or something is seriously wrong in the process followed. Obviously so because it does not correlate with any of the experience by others.
@aseem, having said the above it is not about driving on the tracks. The key point about ANHC is that it does not convey a sense of VFM the way it is packaged. No alloys, leather, ACC, CD player, fog lamps etc. – all these are basic expectations at the level it is positioned. Add to it cheap interiors, poor back seating etc. I am still reserving my comments on performance and FE which is yet to be proven, but there are hopes.
Path_Finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 20:47   #186
BHPian

Not Sure whether someone has mentioned this earlier. In AHNC, The rear Speakers are mounted on the Read doors. Not on a Panel behind your head-rest, like in other cars. Definitely not expected this in a 9.5Lakhs car.
dskumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 21:27   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskumar View Post
Not Sure whether someone has mentioned this earlier. In AHNC, The rear Speakers are mounted on the Read doors. Not on a Panel behind your head-rest, like in other cars. Definitely not expected this in a 9.5Lakhs car.
Look at the positives – you can put additional speakers in rear panel also plus sub etc. and make it into a whole 9 speaker system. LOL!! Honda has not given leather in the 9.5L car, but that gives you the option of having your own design and color for the leather. For the CD, Honda gives you at 10K as an option. And the fogs at some 25K. You can upgrade to alloys at bout 30K. You also may want to get the skinny tires changed. Only problem is that the 9.5L City then treads into the Civic territory.
Old 14th November 2008, 21:46   #188
BHPian

Hai path_finder..i told about the track issue just to prove fiesta's handling characteristics(it beat better accelerating cars on track)..i Dont know if its just a made up story.because it came on autocar and Narain karthikeyan was the driver..the fiesta is got a stiffer suspension than the new city.so it might be a better fun to drive car than the city even in the streets because you can take corners pretty hard.
Old 14th November 2008, 22:14   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baleno_boy View Post
Hai path_finder..i told about the track issue just to prove fiesta's handling characteristics(it beat better accelerating cars on track)..i Dont know if its just a made up story.because it came on autocar and Narain karthikeyan was the driver..the fiesta is got a stiffer suspension than the new city.so it might be a better fun to drive car than the city even in the streets because you can take corners pretty hard.
My point is that Fiesta’s handling is good, but not above all the cars quoted in the report. That is my experience and I am sure many others will agree. So somehow the report (or the testing done) does seem to lack something.
Old 14th November 2008, 22:21   #190
BHPian

Quote:
My point is that Fiesta’s handling is good, but not above all the cars quoted in the report. That is my experience and I am sure many others will agree. So somehow the report (or the testing done) does seem to lack something.
I totally agree man.i was SHOCKED myself to read that report.i know civic and cedia are class apart from the fiesta..But you have to understand that in a track lot of things matter man.trust me even the least bit of things matter a lot.
Old 16th November 2008, 21:58   #191

Fiesta 1.6 / SXI @ 7.6 OTR ; Fiesta 1.6 ZXI @ 6.83 OTR ( with 2 din player , incl exchange bonus etc) ; City driving 1k pm ; which car makes sense and VFM proposition ?
ajay sarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2008, 10:03   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay sarin View Post
Fiesta 1.6 / SXI @ 7.6 OTR ; Fiesta 1.6 ZXI @ 6.83 OTR ( with 2 din player , incl exchange bonus etc) ; City driving 1k pm ; which car makes sense and VFM proposition ?
Hey Ajay, Are you looking to decide between the Fiesta and the ANHC (this thread is for that discussion) ? Or between the Fiesta SXI and ZXI ? If it's the latter, then it's totally upto you based on your budget.
Old 17th November 2008, 12:40   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...... I am still reserving my comments on performance and FE which is yet to be proven, but there are hopes.
Well, the Top Gear comparision between a Fiesta 1.6 S and the ANHC reported better F.E. for the ANHC, though it preferred the Fiesta on other counts like handling, free-revving, et al.
But let us await reviews from owners. I've always taken reports from any magazine with a pinch of salt.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2008, 13:14   #194
Team-BHP Support

If i had short-listed down my choice to these two cars. It would be clearly a 1.6S that i would choose mainly due to the reason of its extremely sporty looks, great engine and fantastic handling ability. Ford A.S.S is something i would have compromised on with a heavy heart.

Also, the Fiesta 1.6S in that new blue color is simply mind-blowing
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2008, 13:17   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Also, the Fiesta 1.6S in that new blue color is simply mind-blowing
Yes I agree, I picked the 1.6S Aquarius. Not just me, but all my friends freaked out on the colour. It's simply mind-blowing like you put it.

Also in terms of driving and handling the car is just marvelous.