Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 15th October 2008, 17:32   #61
BHPian

Today again i TD Fiesta S .Its a fantastic car it revs upto 7000rmp.I am fallen in love with S and i decided to buy blue colour.IMO its a VFM car.A.S.S here in Trivandrum is not bad.
jerish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2008, 18:50   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
i would think of the sx4 if they launched the sport variant here
Suzuki Auto
Suzuki Auto
besides i am not quite sure if it handles like the cedia or fiesta, given the high ground clearance (derived from a station wagon i believe??)
The SX4 handles quite well; in fact I found the EPS very responsive within its limits but limited by its higher turning radius. It is loaded with features too, but the cheap interiors spoil the party. Unfortunately even the Fiesta, especially the S version, they have compromised on the interiors. SX4 also comes with an OEM MGA body kit (~25K I assume) that will add front, rear and side skirting plus spoiler – I think in the sports variant mentioned in your link also the only difference is on some styling like that. May be you should check out these options too.
However if you can go for the Cedia, my vote is with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Doesn't the ANHC pricing/features put it in direct competition with the Cedia? Has the Cedia been considered? Apart from the lousy A.S.S in certain parts of the country, it's a very good car.
Agree – Cedia is rather the most under-rated car in its category.
Path_Finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2008, 19:06   #63
BHPian

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
The SX4 handles quite well; in fact I found the EPS very responsive within its limits but limited by its higher turning radius. It is loaded with features too, but the cheap interiors spoil the party. Unfortunately even the Fiesta, especially the S version, they have compromised on the interiors. SX4 also comes with an OEM MGA body kit (~25K I assume) that will add front, rear and side skirting plus spoiler – I think in the sports variant mentioned in your link also the only difference is on some styling like that. May be you should check out these options too.
However if you can go for the Cedia, my vote is with you.

Agree – Cedia is rather the most under-rated car in its category.
So if it were SX4 vs fiesta 1.6s which one would be better in terms of handling and performance (not to mention the option to do mods some day )

SOmehow cedia new look (the ugly front grill) is a turn off
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2008, 19:41   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
So if it were SX4 vs fiesta 1.6s which one would be better in terms of handling and performance (not to mention the option to do mods some day )

SOmehow cedia new look (the ugly front grill) is a turn off
There is lot of individuality when one talks of “better on handling” – you should try it yourself in your own style rather than taking someone else’s word. Better if you can do it on 2 different vehicles.
To me handing is more on easy on steering, responsive steering, responsive engine, quick acceleration, ability to navigate ahead of the heard in city traffic, ability to handle sharp turnings, cornering at high speeds, overtaking on highways, etc. What I mean is order and priority could be different for different people. Different gear ratios suit different styles and so on.
For example: I felt the SX4 better to handle on most forward turnings, but for a sharp U turn and reverse parking the Fiesta scores. Overall both are good cars, but between the two, my vote is for SX4.

BTW, I chose the Cedia sports 2 months back! Again here do not put off a decision just based on the grille! Do not conclude based on the poor brochure photo you saw on this forum. A couple of my friends who saw the model in showroom were happy about the grille after seeing it. And grille is one of the easiest things to modify and can do it even for 2-5K!
Path_Finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2008, 08:00   #65
JRD
BHPian

@ autoenthusiast: I did a similar difference calculation in the thread about the ANHC.

@ jerish and Autoenthu: I say looking from the point of performance and features you get for the money. The Fiesta S looks like a better deal. All you pretty much need to do after you get your car is window tints and license plate thats it. All the must have "MODS" are already there. What more could you want from a 8Lac car. Dealers are also offering 20k cash discount and 20k sparkling offer thing till oct end. Performance wise the fiesta S will outperform any car under 10 lacs. Add to that the planted road dynamics of the car and solid build as compared to Japanese cars. Only doubt is the FE which from many fiesta 1.6 owners is very decent for a 1.6 100hp engine.(Am I right Fiesta GANG?) Don't expect phenomenon FE figures from the ANHC. It will be a tad lower then the NHC.

So my verdict is if you want to buy a car right now it would be the Fiesta. (I know i would)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachu View Post
I think the bottomline is you should like the car you want to buy. All other factors are secondary. Cheers. Sachu
WELL SAID!!
if you really want a car then go for it. the honest fact is that all these cars are excellent machines, at the end of the day you have to choose whats important to you and what makes sense(both financially and emotionally)

Last edited by GTO : 16th October 2008 at 11:51. Reason: Please use the EDIT button instead of typing one post after another!
JRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 21:42   #66
BHPian

Finally i booked my Fiesta S Aquarius blue today.They offered 20,000/-Rs discount +15000 worth of accessories free.Hopefully by next week they will deliver the car.
Old 22nd October 2008, 22:29   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
Finally i booked my Fiesta S Aquarius blue today.They offered 20,000/-Rs discount +15000 worth of accessories free.Hopefully by next week they will deliver the car.
Hello Jerish, wow this is great, congratulations on your new purchase.
autoenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 08:03   #68
JRD
BHPian

Congrats jerish.. You made a wise decision. do post detailed pictures of the car.
JRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 08:19   #69
BHPian

Thanks autoenthusiast and JRD.I will post pictures of the car.
Old 23rd October 2008, 09:01   #70
BHPian

Congrats Jerish, You would love the car!!! welcome to the 1.6S club
sathee46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 14:41   #71
BHPian

Default help needed

Hi!
Going to check my Car today evening before its sent for registration...
what all shud i check?
( beyond the checklist on team-bhp)

the guy has got me really suspicoius after he has revised my inspection time thrice from today morning

morning he told there is no driver to drive it from workshop to showroom.
then he told me the pre delivery inspection has not happened
when i probed him more, he tells the keys were left behind @ showroom and hence inspection cud not be done in workshop.

now his manager calls me and asks me to provide him the documents so he can initiate the registration process and tells me he wont register the car if its not upto my expectation post my pre-registration inspection.

These developments have got me a little anxious.
It was supposed to have been delivered to me by now. was infact supposed to go for reg today . but this wud happen now tomorrow.

~Anupam

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd October 2008 at 14:54. Reason: Removed Extra line spaces between Paragraphs
libocta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 20:52   #72
BHPian

Default Pre delivery inspection

saw my black SXi today evening
the mere sight of it was a "wow" feeling..
my preliminary inspection didnt tell me anything was out of place..
but then am no Auto-Pro. so considering my anxiousness quotient till evening, i think it was OK!
will need to wait till tomorrow before the car is registered and delivered (hopefully).
will come back with pics....

by the way, i had to drop the idea of adding non-FORD alloys to SXi..
as per email from Ford, non OEM alloys will null the warranty.
the FORD OEM alloys looked really sad with just one option.
Since my dealer was not willing to give in writing that non-Ford brand alloys wont affect warranty, didnt have any option left.

but i still want the alloys and dont want to affect the warranty either. What to do?
libocta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 21:13   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libocta View Post
but then am no Auto-Pro. so considering my anxiousness quotient till evening, i think it was OK!
will need to wait till tomorrow before the car is registered and delivered (hopefully).

Since my dealer was not willing to give in writing that non-Ford brand alloys wont affect warranty, didnt have any option left.

but i still want the alloys and dont want to affect the warranty either. What to do?

Get the Ford alloys then!

I like the ones that come with the new ones (1.6 and 1.4 diesel.)

Jerry at last! Congrats!
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 21:20   #74
BHPian

Quote:

Hey Libocta, I had enquired with the Planet Ford dealer in Pune about this sometime back and the ones that are available on the Fiesta 1.6S are also available. The standard Ford alloys cost around 17500 approx, the Fiesta 1.6S ones have a higher premium (24,000), but you have your warranty and a good looking set of alloys.
autoenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 21:22   #75
BHPian

Quote:

Check whether you get the 1.6S alloys or not.I think it is available.
@jk Thanks macha,yeah at last